15th Anniversary of the September 11th Attacks

It’s hard to believe that it’s been 15 years.

Today is a very difficult day for millions of Americans. The tragic events of September 11th, 2001 changed the entire world forever and serverd to usher in our modern era of politics, warfare, and diplomacy.

Despite our political differences, I ask all of you to please band together with your fellow Americans today. Remember how we treated one another after the attacks. We were all able to put our differences aside and come together as a people in solidarity against the barbarism of modern terrorism and the pointless destruction of thousands of innocent lives.

Look at how far we have fallen as a society since then. Entire groups of people are seething mad at one another all of the time for things when compared to the attacks of September 11th are trivial. This is why we must never forget. Sadly, there is an entire generation of young adults that do not remember.

As a native New Yorker, who was serving on Active-Duty at McGuire AFB, NJ at the time of the attacks this hits home hard for me today, as it does for my wife who lost her Aunt in Tower 1.

We all have our unique experience today. Share them if you’d like or just quietly reflect upon them. Be respectful. Learn from your fellow Americans. But most importantly, refrain from personal attacks. We were all attacked on this day and managed to come together. I see no reason that we couldn’t do that again.

Never Forget.

Never Forget. God Bless.

Eleven mothers came to my son’s high school in Lincroft New Jersey that day.

I’ll never forget, my son and his classmates will certainly not forget.

I grew up and still live in Teaneck, NJ. Three people on my street never came home. This pain hurts everyone, but no one feels it as much as those of us in the tri-state area. I was working construction in Hoboken that morning. I saw the whole thing and remember the panic of trying to call family who worked in the city but all of the lines were down. I will never forget and neither will the people of NY, NJ, CT.

A local postman I know lost his wife who was a cleaning woman in the towers. The quiet sky’s and smoke wafting upon the cool Northwest breeze along the Jersey Shore lasted for days. Going to sleep for the second time in my life with doubt about what our country was facing (The first was during my Middle School days and the Cuban Missile crisis).