A case of modern-day slavery

Actual human auctions, being held in Libya

Libyan authorities have launched a formal investigation into slave auctions in the country following an exclusive CNN report earlier this week, the government said Friday.

“A high-level committee has been convened encompassing representatives from all the security apparatus to oversee this investigation,” Anes Alazabi, an official with the internationally recognized government of Libya’s Anti-Illegal Immigration Agency, told CNN.

“Priorities of the investigation are not only to convict those responsible for these inhumane acts, but also to identify the location of those who have been sold in order to bring them to safety and return them to their countries of origin.”

The International Organization for Migration, an intergovernmental organization based in Geneva that focuses on migration management, welcomed the investigation. But its chief of mission for Libya warned in an interview with CNN’s Nima Elbagir “that the smuggling networks are becoming stronger, more organized and better equipped.”

CNN’s Alex Platt and Raja Razek traveled with Elbagir to Libya in October after obtaining footage of a migrant auction.
At a property outside the capital of Tripoli, CNN witnessed a dozen men being sold like commodities – some auctioned off for as little as $400.

CNN was told of auctions at nine locations across Libya, but many more are believed to take place each month. CNN believes some of the auction sites are in territory controlled by the GNA, but others are not; the GNA does not control the entire country.

This is actually the one time I’d applaud CNN for doing good journalistic work (Rumor has it that Fox’s CEO is discussing the buy-out of CNN)

Why are there no #blm outrage over this, and the long-avoided muslim gang grooming underage girls in Europe, busing them around in exchange for drugs and weapons?

While leading professional activists rave and roar about the injustice of slavery in the US, hoping for more welfare bux.

“Slaves made even more money for their owners than they cost to buy. A healthy 18-year-old slave could be bought for $650 in 1845. (About$14,500 in today’s dollars.) That same slave could be sold five years later for $1,000”

"What is the average cost of a slave?

“The average price of a slave has decreased during the past 200 years, according to Kevin Bales, a leading abolitionist who has written several books about modern-day slavery. In 1809, the average price of a slave was $40,000 when adjusted to today’s money. In 2009, the average price of a slave was $90, Bales says.”

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/slaveship.htm

Islamists being Islamists. I’m not surprised by this at all. I am surprised that CNN covered something that paints Islamists in a bad light.

So they too are an extension of the democratic party ! :wink::laughing::laughing:

This wasn’t going on in Gaddafi’s Libya. This is a direct result of bad USFP and the violation of UNSCR 1973. The kind of things that America is NEVER held accountable for, that’s what’s pathetic about this sad story.

-If its a republican president: president [X] is at fault
-If its a democrat president: America is at fault

You can thank your dear president obama for this, illiterate “hyper non-partisan” bernie bot

How come they’re selling them in Libya when they’re giving them to Europe for free?

Those are weaponized migrants, and the tax payers are slaves and victims instead.

Because USFP made it possible!

I agree; Obama/Clinton really screwed up in joining with France greenlighting a ‘revolution’ for regime change. All because Ghadaffi was moving toward a pan African 'Gold Standard."

Yes they did, and the republicans that supported it. A perfect example of the US violating IL, but of course we only recognize the authority of the ICC when we want to haul someone there.

Ah, i didnt know Hillary was a republican. Thanks for the opening my eyes, illiterate bernie bot.