A Few Words From Dennis Prager

If you are a liberal or still a nevertrumper… turn away now… you won’t like what you read.

I was wrong. My opposition to Donald Trump was wrong, in retrospect. I was wrong. I had friends who supported him, and I didn’t understand them. I said, “Are you not aware of what he said about John McCain? Isn’t that enough to disqualify the guy?” They perceived in him what I did not perceive in him, that these over-the-top statements – as objectionable as the statements themselves may be, and none of them defended the statements – nevertheless, what they perceived was accurate: a man who doesn’t give a damn about what the press says about him. That is the only way to govern. It is the only way to advance the principles of conservatism in the United States is to not give a damn.

“What I do know is that they ought to be deeply appreciative of him, and deeply grateful for luck or providence, and certainly for Trump himself, that he was elected president,” continued Prager. “First, it is unlikely that any other Republican would have defeated Hillary Clinton. Second, he has not only surpassed many of our expectations but also thus far governed in a manner more consistent with conservative principles than any president since Ronald Reagan, and arguably Calvin Coolidge.”

In other news:

82% of republcans are now giving him a thumbs up… and … well… we will take the 23% from democrats who have a similar reaction…

Independents are a bit of an anomaly… but only slightly down… contrary to the armwaving predictions posted by some… :wink: but I think their is plenty of time to turn them around too…

It was only a matter of time before the NeverTrump Republicans came around. I was surprised at their continued opposition even after Pence was added to the ticket. I though the addition of Pence was a signal for them to get on board but maybe I gave them too much credit.

Dennis Prager bends the knee! Welcome home!

crying gif :star_struck:

Interesting how democrats can’t seem to break away from the party to think for themselves.

This of course is the same Atlantic the predicted that Trump wouldn’t get traction in the nominations… the same Atlantic that said that Trumps nomination would tear the Republican party apart as it did with Goldwater and lead to a disastrous defeat as it did with LBJ… You mean that Atlantic?

So one guy changes his mind and that represents the whole to you??

New York Times conservative columnist Bret Stephens revealed he still sees himself as a “never Trumper” after a year of President Trump’s term in the White House, despite agreeing with many of Trump’s policy moves.

“[C]haracter does count, and virtue does matter, and Trump’s shortcomings prove it daily,” Stephens writes. “This is the fatal mistake of conservatives who’ve decided the best way to deal with Trump’s personality - the lying, narcissism, bullying, bigotry, crassness, name calling, ignorance, paranoia, incompetence and pettiness - is to pretend it doesn’t matter.”

The Atlantic a left wing mag for the progressives.

Why do you think he quoted it in the first place… problem with most of the left leaning publications… they tend to backtrack and step on their… tongues a lot over time.