A military strike against North Korea

And I guess that you don’t realize how stupid this is.

Do you realize what year that was A, and 2, who claimed that China was a democratic republic.

You mean like the Taiwanese???

For openers, I am not quite sure just what the antecedent of “you guys” might be.

Moreover, I have a lower regard for “international law” than I have for a roll of toilet paper. (And no, I am not expressing myself hyperbolically here.)

As for US law, it would not be the first time–or, presumably, the last–that US law was violated.

In any case, I would reiterate that the only real alternative to a nuclear war–which very few sentient people desire–may be the assassination of Kim Jong-un.

And for those who do not see all things in black-or-white terms, it begs the question: Which evil–i.e. the assassination of one (quite satanic) man, or a nuclear holocaust–would really be preferable?

Monte where have you been the last 73 yrs . It doesn’t matter how long ago Tiamenen Square happened it only matters that it did and could possibly occur again!!!-
Its such a free society, that they block certain websites to limit knowledge of what real Freedom is .
Yes, like all countries, they do what’s in their best interest and put a knife in our back when possible . A True ally!!!# They could remove Kim whenever they chose , but keep him there to irritate the US .
How many people migrate to Communist China?.???

Well in that case, it’s good that you’re not running anything relevant to that.

And our military has been used to kill Americans multiple times, And it could always happen again here.

I see that Monte would rather ignore the true substance of my post, in favor of a less relevant point.

To reiterate:

" I would reiterate that the only real alternative to a nuclear war–which very few sentient people desire–may be the assassination of Kim Jong-un.

“And for those who do not see all things in black-or-white terms, it begs the question: Which evil–i.e. the assassination of one (quite satanic) man, or a nuclear holocaust–would really be preferable?”

Somehow, I quite doubt that our resident liberal will respond to this…

Well if you insist, I just rejected your premise that those are the only two choices.

I learned a lesson long ago about lying politicians with agendas that don’t serve my interests fearmongering about a grave threat to America supposedly posed by one small poor country or another. Most recently “do we have to wait for the smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud”. I didn’t buy that bull shit in real time, and though mocked at the time by co-workers. I was right and they were all wrong. Stop pissing down your leg everytime some politician tells you your in danger.

Kim is not dumb enough to start a nuclear war knowing his country will cease to exist.He will try to pla0 his little game until the US sends a few missiles into his house like Reagan did in Libya or his enablers in Communist China remove him and more moderate leader in place as if there is a moderate Communist .

Correct, so why all the fearmongering.

Because the Leftist Chicken Littles keep yelling the sky is falling which fits there narrative. This allows their fellow Leftists in the Press to continue their overt6 War against President Trump.
They would never say how much Restraint he has shown in dealing with Lil Kim.They wouldn’t give President Trump any positive credit even if he discovered the cure for leukemia and lung cancer on the same day.

I’m quite sure that you, for your purpose of hyperbole have no problem using the doomsday clock to further your points…

That’s hilarious. It’s the conservatives and the Trump base (deliberate distinction) that are pissing down their legs over North Korea and nukes.

Hopefully, only those in the Intel community know if NK has nuclear warheads or close to it. The Trump Admin is looking At a Worse Case scenario while not revealing all the details for obvious reasons . He is doing Far More than John Kerry ever would. All Presidents Cabinet members different opinions from the President and are not merely Rubber Stamps .

For starters, North Korea’s being a “poor” country (which is really just a euphemism; it is very difficult to find a communist regime that is in charge of a wealthy country) is irrelevant. Dear Leader wishes for almost all the country’s financial assets to go to bolstering the military–regardless of the upshot, as concerning the populace.

As for the “lying politicians,” as you have phrased it (rather dismissively, rather than analytically), this presupposes a conspiracy theory; and I have long ago learned that conspiracy theories (e.g. the CIA had JFK killed) are not especially trustworthy.

And it not only presupposes a conspiracy theory–which, in itself, is bad enough–but it presupposes a conspiracy theory between members of the two adversarial parties; and a conspiracy that is endorsed by 535 members (435 in the House, plus another 100 in the Senate).

But if you truly wish to believe that, then far be it from me to try to dissuade you…

We have an obligation to protect Japan , SK and Guam which is a US Territory .LiL Kim has proved to be very calculating, but his math is off when dealing with President Trump .
I guess you believe that Lee Harvey Oswald woke up and decided to assassinate the President all by himself using a rifle that is incapable of doing the job and was a super excellent marksman and didn’t need to use a scope.

And if you feel better about living in fear everytime Washington tells you one authoritarian regime or another is a threat to you, your welcome to continue on.

You of course can choose, like appearance so many islanders who never experienced the rather sudden attack on Pearl Harbor to live in ignorant bliss… until you see it displayed on your cell phone that you have 30 minutes to bend far enough over to kiss your ass goodbye… 30 minutes isn’t a long time to fret…

Monty,

Your latest fallacy is to confuse “Washington”–your word–with politicians of both parties, representing every portion of the political spectrum. (And, of course, assuming a massive conspiracy among all these.)

We are no as obtuse as you (evidently) imagine…