A New Amendment to Repeal the Second Amendment

only if a revolution is begun.

and that would be in violation of the Constitution.

You are beginning to conjure an image of a dog chasing its tail.

and you are playing 7 levels away from Kevin Bacon.

Should I start calling you Kevin… or just Mr. (Center of the Universe) Bacon?

I think the 2nd amendment would have quietly disappeared many years ago but for the changing character of our people. The focus on the individual, and treating his every pout and whim as a civil right has contributed to our society being more coarse, more violent, and less empathetic than ever (in modern times). When Christopher Dorner went on a murder spree a few years back, he targeted cops- any cops, and started with a young daughter of the cop who tried to defend him. He had A LOT of people thinking he was some kind of hero. Not just psychopaths, but a lot of poor people who have been told the left lie that all their problems are externally created. On top of that you have race hatred - White people are now openly targeted by some POC, home invasion robberies are far more numerous that previously. People, decent people like myself, whether we own a gun or not (I don’t) take some measure of relief that a robber cannot be sure whether breaking into that house will get him goodies, or get him ventilated. I, and most people who wear gender appropriate underwear, want it to stay that way. That, not the NRA, is why American voters do not want the second amendment revoked.

That is a relevant and most proximate take away. Most people are living in their small day to day world and personal safety IS the issue that directly effects their view of personal defense but we need to think a bit larger because its quite out in the open now for all to see… The people authoritarian left who want to take away our right to own guns also want to take away our borders…

no one is trying to take away your guns.

my god.

Nah… no one is trying to dismantle our sovereign borders either… silly me thinking such idiocy. Given that the rest of the western world is disarmed and you are doing your damnedest to make us one big happy family… its it your belief that they to should gain the right to keep and bear arms?.. I didn’t think so…

But we should. All guns in the United States should be made illegal. They serve no purpose and destroy lives and even entire communities. Anyone who does not surrender their weapon should either be thrown in jail or have their citizenship revoked. Essentially, they stand for the murder of Americans and we shouldn’t tolerate people who support genocide in our own country.

no I cant agree with that at all because it is unreasonable and it is protected at some level even if we don’t agree militia means everybody.

but we can do simple things which will greatly improve our security. such as eliminate the background check loophole which requires the FBI to approve any application that does not complete at background check within 72 hours.

being in HR we find it is common for background checks to take 3-5 days when things go right but they can take 2-4 weeks if the court is Mayberry RFD and Mildred only goes to the basement on Tuesdays to get records then we have to wait.

More frequently though is the check revealed a pending misdemeanor or felony yet to go to court.

such a stop could have stopped the NC Church killer and others.

we cannot and should not eliminate ownership of firearms for those fit to have them but we can be a lot smarter about how we go about approving them.

Tell that to George Mason…

Sorry @SteveSPHR I just can’t get on board with you acquiescing to the NRA and the gun crowd. People can protect themselves in a variety of ways but your argument assumes that we all live in fear of our fellow man - and we do not.

There are many countries that have eliminated guns and are much safer than the US. Japan immediately comes to mind. Why not learn a lesson from the Japanese? Australia does not have a total ban but there are strict prohibitions, which is a start.

I would love to see this happen to all guns starting right now.

Today, as defined by the Militia Act of 1903, the term “militia” is primarily used to describe two groups within the United States:

1. Organized militia - consisting of State militia forces; notably, the National Guard. Note, the National Guard is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States.
  2. Unorganized militia - composing the Reserve Militia: every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age, not a member of the National Guard.

Seems that you are incorrect. Militia does mean every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age.

and you just supported what I said.

Thank you, Lou.

but your propensity of not posting sources make it hard to take you seriously. you use a lot of misdirection which is curious

:smile:

Come on Steve… enough with the ragging on about sources… you are the one who showed us the universal ‘goto’ of wikipedia… book mark it Steve… its just easier than you droning on all the time…

For your pleasure and future convenience:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page :+1:

And no one can possibly take you seriously.

As I stated before posting sources for a person who discounts the sun will rise today is a total waste of time.
Misdirection, changing the narrative is the main tool for the progressive left which is you not me steve.

posting someone’s work without credit not only violates copyright laws but it is the mark of a low person.

I tend to hold myself to a higher standard than that.

You kill more threads with this silly source diatribe … If you are knowledgeable about the subject, then you are able to rebut the comments made…

misrepresentations, half truths and outright lies???

forgive but I am not so knowledgeable about those.

knowing how to debate and doing so honestly is a responsibility we all have.

you may accept even seek such BS posts but for me I find them boring and a waste of time and I will not participate in them or suffer such fools gladly.

and I will make no apologies for that.

The Constitution clearly states that “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The National Guard is a standing army, which the Second Amendment was created to prevent.

“…that Standing Armies in Time of Peace are dangerous to Liberty, and therefore ought to be avoided as far as the Circumstances and Protection of the Community will admit.”

-George Mason, Master Draft of the Bill of Rights

http://www.constitution.org/gmason/amd_gmas.htm

“The people” should be able to bear arms in the same fashion as the state, but of course the state doesn’t want that, it offers civilians the ability to resist tyranny.

Also, for someone that alleges concealed carry for ten years, you should know the difference between a “clip” and a magazine.

Strive to be better.