Another special election fight

Whatever the outcome, the district wont be the same in the 2018 election since the PASC handed down the ruling that all districts have to be redrawn before the 2018 election. Under the terms of the ruling it looks pretty likely the court will end up drawing them too.

Lamb has pulled a lead in the polls at the last minute despite Saccone stumpers showing up, Ivanka Trump, Mike Pence and the TIC himself who showed up to brag about his mythical achievements and then bashing Saccone as a weak candidate after leaving. :joy: So if Saccone wins Trump will take credit having swooped in in the final hours to stump for him, and if he looses the fat ass TIC will say I said he was a weak candidate who didn’t run a good campaign.

“I just want to say, I don’t use the term ‘pro-life’ to describe what I personally believe, because that’s a political term. It’s not one that you learn in Catholic school or anywhere else in the church,” said Conor Lamb, who is running for Congress in Pennsylvania’s 18th congressional district.

Any reasonable person, Catholic or not, would acknowledge that being pro-life on the issue of abortion is a non-negotiable teaching for members of the Catholic Church. Even so, yet another Catholic politician has made a Faustian bargain on abortion, and his recycled excuses haven’t aged well.

Pro life doesn’t extend beyond the womb. At any rate, Conor Lambs opinion on abortion will have no bearing on the issue. The Republican that held the seat that Lamb is running for was removed from office for having an extramarital affair and knocking up his lot lizard whom he then told to get an abortion. And this from a man that was pro life, lmao. Hypocrites.

Who let the illegals and dreamers vote in Pennsylvania tonight?

Nope, fed up steel workers and folks that were duped by the TIC. It’s called buyers remorse and there’s more of that to come.

Nope. Illegals. That’s it.

As of right now the race is a Dead Heat

In a district that democrats haven’t even bothered running anybody for the house seat the last few races, it’s so deep red, in a district Trump won by 20%!!!

This will be the second special election the Dems have won- out of how many total? The other part is that Nov. is still seven months away, and as they say, a lot can happen.
To your point about “fed up steelworkers” - I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, I’m disappointed that they would reject the guy who might yet pull through for them for the party htat will just give them the collective middle finger as they have for the previous eight years…
Conor Lamb says he’s independent, but one meeting with Herr Schumer and he’ll be singing castrati in the Dem’s choir.

Corey Lewandowski traveled to Sarasota on Feb. 11, along with former Trump deputy campaign manager David Bossie, to rally for Florida House candidate James Buchanan, a Republican in a tight race against Democrat Margaret Good with Trump barely winning the district in 2016.

“The Democrats are highly motivated,” Lewandowski told the crowd at Dolphin Aviation.

“They are winning elections in places where they shouldn’t. We’ve seen them win state House races in Wisconsin. We’ve seen them win big mayor’s races in New Hampshire. Fifty seats have already changed hands from the Republicans to the Democrats since Donald Trump was elected.”

The glee that exudes from your ‘independent’ words belies your democratic partisanship…

I think it has a bit more to do with the hypocrisy of a persons standing on pro-life credentials 1) having an affair and 2) suggesting that his knocked up mistress get an abortion…

If it wasn’t a repudiation of Trump, the 18th district would have just handily installed Saccone.

No one should be doing cartwheels, there are absentee ballots to be counted then probably a recount.
There could be another future election in the future when the smoke clears about redistricting.

It doesn’t matter at this point whether Lamb wins or not, if Saccone eeks out a win, it’s so very barely. Trump won this district just over a year ago by 20 points. So red is the district that the Democratic Party forfeited it without any fight whatsoever the last two races. Lamb shouldn’t even have been competitive let alone won, or so very nearly won, whichever way it ends up.

Conor Lamb campaigned:

1. For universal health care
  2. Against Trump’s tax cut
  3. For expanded background checks
  4. For stronger unions
  5. Against cuts to Social Security
  6. For a woman’s right to choose
  7. For medical marijuana

from his web site:

I believe that every American has a right to go see a doctor when they’re sick, and that means every American has a right to health insurance they can afford.

The Affordable Care Act has flaws, but it has provided affordable coverage to more than a million Pennsylvanians who were previously uninsured.

Our representatives in Congress should be working together to build on that progress, fix what isn’t working, and make the law better. Instead, Republicans in Congress spent the past year trying to take health insurance away from people with no plan to replace it. Now, costs are likely to go up for many of us, especially those with preexisting conditions. That is unacceptable, and it’s a failure of leadership.

Republican leaders have not even allowed a vote on a bipartisan, common-sense effort to strengthen the ACA and stabilize the markets. And it took the threat of a government shutdown for both parties to come together and fund the children’s health program (CHIP), something they’d ignored for months while the program was forced to survive on week-to-week bailouts.

These legislative failures show what is wrong with the status quo in Washington. I’ll work with anyone from either party who wants to help people with pre-existing conditions, improve the quality of care, and reduce premiums, out-of-pocket costs, and prescription drug prices.

You just make it up as you go along.

You have zero credibility.

Lamb was carried by the 100,00 illegals in his district.

Now is the time for ICE to make their move, before these criminals can lose themselves in the population, again.

Now it’s not just illegal entry they have to worry about, it’s voter fraud, a much more serious crime

Lol, and how did the TIC carry the same district just over a year ago by 20 points. You guys won’t get it until you see his ass evicted.