Atlantic Hurricane Season General 2018 - Michael Edition

UPDATE

CATASTROPHIC HURRICANE MICHAEL IS ON HIS WAY TO LANDFALL AS A CATEGORY FOUR IN NORTHWEST FLORIDA; A FIRST IN HISTORY.

HURRICANE MICHAEL
As of 12:00 UTC Oct 10, 2018:
Maximum Winds: 125 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 934 mb
Environmental Pressure: 1006 mb
Radius of Circulation: 210 NM
Radius of Maximum Wind: 15 NM

HURRICAINE LESLIE
Maximum Winds: 65 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 980 mb
Environmental Pressure: 1011 mb
Radius of Circulation: 270 NM
Radius of Maximum Wind: 20 NM

HURRICAINE NADINE
Maximum Winds: 55 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 997 mb
Environmental Pressure: 1010 mb
Radius of Circulation: 150 NM
Radius of Maximum Wind: 20 NM

So the news is saying that Hurricane Michael is going to make ladfall right at high tide…and the strength of the storm just keeps building and building.

Most projections out there are indicating that landfall will occur at Category 4.

CAT 5 Confirmed

D E V A S T A T I N G

Well you can see the mentality of USA Today’s base is…:laughing:

That looks like a diagram for 3rd graders…:laughing:

The simpler to understand the better. People need to understand what it is they think they will be “riding out” inside their homes.

Really?..are they really that stupid…:roll_eyes:

Wow a hurricane? How rare and uncommon for this part of the country. Thanks for making this thread op, truly a newsworthy topic. This literally never happens, especially in Florida.

People frequently stay in their homes despite an overwhelming amount of information telling them not to. So, yes - they are that stupid. Anyone who could’ve gotten out but chose not to deserves what comes next.

C’mon… I can understand trying to ride out a category one or two maybe even three depending on the location of your property but when you hear a category four or five, common sense tells you to get the fuck out…

Yes - people are this stupid.

A few more storm chasers came online.

https://livestormchasing.com/map

It officially made landfall as a Category 4.

Since the storm hit a mainly black area, authorities are expecting levels of looting no one thought was possible.

Been following a guy that I read regularly who lives in the area not far from Mexico Beach and it is his belief that the wind speeds are exaggerated. Says that photo evidence of storm chasers who have been in the eye show far less structural damage than would be expected from a cat 4 or 5 and had the storm chasers actually entered the storm, their vehicles would not have managed those winds… His comment is that in a cat 2 you get roof damage and in a cat 4/5, if you don’t have a reinforced building you have no roof. He did say that the storm surge was quite bad but was pretty angry at the sensationalism because it gives people a false sense of what a powerful storm actually looks like so the next time someone calls out a cat 4, people just say ‘Yea, lets have a hurricane party’… and they die.

Just repeating what he has said, I don’t know either way but he seems pretty angry at the reporting. I do know that I have driven in a low in category 2 and it was a chore to keep my vehicle on the road …

It was just downgraded to a CAT 3 a few minutes ago. I do think they over hyped this storm. It’s still bad but it’s not like they were making it out to be. A lot of wooden beach structures are gone but it wasn’t like a hydrogen bomb got detonated - which is how they were making it seem.

I’ve been watching CNN coverage of this today for the laughs. It’s been pretty boring actually. They need to put Brooke Baldwin back on ASAP, it will massively increase ratings… I know it’s massively increasing my wood :rofl:

Get on my level…