Attorney General Jeff Sessions is out

If Sessions had done everything he could to expose the Clintons at least one of them would already be behind bars.

It’s not like the evidence hadn’t all been gathered long before he took the job, he just hasn’t and never intended to go forward with the case.

And I listen to MSNBC almost every day on my way to and from work… which proves progs are just parroting the narrative’s talking points when they say we only listen to conservative echo chambers and Fox.

He’d be on my list, right up at the top

Well , Jeff’s picture was on the side of a milk carton for the past year and a half !!!

Senator Warren must be suffering from Alzheimer’s.

There are two things that I simply do not understand:

(1) Why did President Trump–who obviously detests Jeff Sessions–wait until after the election to remove him? (It surely would not have had any impact upon the election results, if he had done so much earlier.)

(2) Why does anyone “resign” under pressure? (If I were still of working age, I would never do so; but would force my superior to actually fire me, if he disliked my performance; or else I would simply quit.)

Only thing that comes to mind is, he wanted to be sure Democrats didn’t win the Senate first. And doing so before the election absolutely could have cost us a Senate seat or two. As for resigning, it’s the right thing to do, when you are serving at the pleasure of the President and he is no longer pleased.

Progs (including Swamp prog collaborators in the Republican party) believe that they have set the ultimate trap for Trump. They have been salivating over the prospect of a Saturday Night Massacre like what occured in Watergate. But unlike Watergate, no crime has been committed that has anything to do with the president. Still they hope. Sessions knows this. He did not want to allow the progs to use innuendo about a Saturday night massacre before the election. So he waited until after.

DVcGfFcVQAALBXg

:wink:

I hope the door doesn’t hit Sessions in the ASSon the way out !!!:+1:

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker has no intention of recusing himself from overseeing the special counsel probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to people close to him who added they do not believe he would approve any subpoena of President Trump as part of that investigation.

Since stepping into his new role on Wednesday, Whitaker has faced questions — principally from Democrats — about whether he should recuse from the Russia investigation, given that he has written opinion pieces in the past about the investigation, and is a friend and political ally of a witness.

On Thursday, two people close to Whitaker said he has no intention of taking himself off the Russia case.

Good.

Time to put this baby to rest…but I doubt it.

Sessions is one of the best politicians out there. Not his fault Trump is too stupid to know an AG can’t oversee an investigation he is a target of.

Yeah, it’s so funny to see the left now defending Sessions.

I’m with you on that. As soon as Sessions recused himself, Trump wanted him out.

Anyway, the worst of it is, we have Doug Jones in the Senate now, thanks to the party completely botching that special election.

Well, I’ve been looking and I can’t find anything on the intertubes about this coming to anything here in my area. I’m thinking the 12 people who signed up for the protest said “It’s 30 degrees out there today, screw this crap!” and didn’t bother to show up. :joy:

Sessions should have never accepted the job. He recused himself days after he accepted the job. Poor decision on his part.

Err no, poor decision on Trumps part, you can’t ethically oversee an investigation you are a suspect in and and as part of the campaign, he was.

Session

Sessions said he had to recuse himself not because of any wrongdoing, but because he had been a surrogate for Trump during the campaign.