Bill 219: You can now get fined $1K and go to pronounce jail for using the wrong "preferred" pronounce in CA

This bill would enact the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Resident’s Bill of Rights. Among other things, the bill would make it unlawful, except as specified, for any long-term care facility to take specified actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status, including, among others, willfully and repeatedly failing to use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns after being clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns, or denying admission to a long-term care facility, transferring or refusing to transfer a resident within a facility or to another facility, or discharging or evicting a resident from a facility

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB219

A care worker who’s found guilty of repeatedly breaching the law would be facing a maximum fine of $1,000, a year in prison, or both

Canada 2.0, here it comes. Please let calexit happens so I can move. This is specifailly for the “elders” in care facilities but it is but a stepping stone for other bills and legislation to transform free speech to “compelled speech”.

You highlighted the important passage despite your sensational post title. I guess you just like misleading people. This measure is for people who insist on calling someone by their physical gender when they identify as something other than that. This is to protect people in the trans community. If they ask to be called something that they are comfortable with it’s only right that others honor their wishes. It’s a shame that we need laws for people to be respectful but time and time again it has been proven that people just can’t do the right thing.

First California, now New York City-- $250,00 fine for ‘improper’ pronoun.

I’ve always found the monosyllabic ‘FAG’ to be quite adaptable-- as a noun, a verb, direct object, indirect object, pronoun, surname, adverb, interjection, exclamation-- etc.

It became a kangaroo court of “he said she said”. There is no stab wound to examine, your Honor.

Please get the government out of my conversation. You really trust transgenders pumping themselves full of hormone to be just and agreeable people?