Blaxit: Hypocrite Black Americans Head to Africa to Revel in Privilege

Ash Sharp
Editor

An entertaining read has come to our attention at Republic Standard. According to Al-Jazeera,

A new wave of African Americans is escaping the incessant racism and prejudice in the United States. From Senegal and Ghana to The Gambia communities are emerging in defiance of conventional wisdom that Africa is a continent everyone is trying to leave.

I'm sure you can envisage our astonishment. The conventional and no doubt racist wisdom that hundreds of thousands of sub-Saharan Africans are leaving utter poverty and heading for the benevolent sanctuaries of Europe is, we are ecstatic to report, utter bunkum.

Recent American immigrant to Ghana, Muhammida el-Muhajir, says she moved because she was always made to feel like a second-class citizen. Although she provides no examples of this, she says she left the USA to fulfill her potential and avoid being targeted by racial violence.

Interesting. I wonder if Muhammida had been given some kind of false expectation by her alma mater? She says;

"Howard (University) prepares you for a world where black people are in charge, which is a completely different experience compared to people who have gone to predominantly white universities."

So, it appears that Muhammida was told to expect to dominate other races. Black power, and all that. Unfortunately, the wider world post-graduation had all those pesky Whites, Latinos and Asians to compete with.

"In America, you're always trying to prove yourself; I don't need to prove myself to anyone else's standards here. I'm a champion, I ran track and went to university, and I like to win, so I refuse to be in a situation where I will never win."

Muhammida looked at herself and decided that she didn't have to prove she was good at whatever she wanted to do. She could run in a straight line and managed to get into an upper-class Black university, which I am sure was not down to any kind of wealth privilege of her family background. Blackness means to be oppressed at all times.

But of course, being a woke American means to be above such petty concerns such as self-interest. The movement and the struggle are about equality, right?

"When Ghanaians find out that I live here, they're usually confused about why I chose to live here as an American. There is definitely certain access and privilege being American here, but it's great to finally cash in on that because it doesn't mean anything in America."

Access and privilege granted for being an American doesn't mean anything in America. Well- I never thought anyone would actually think that needed spelling out, but the world is a truly surprising place sometimes. Perhaps she feels that her blackness inhibits any privilege she has in the United States, this being paramount- the defining aspect of your character to the ideologue are the arbitrary characteristics over which you have no control. Struggling against the oppressive society that forced Muhammida out of the United States to seek her fortune as an already wealthy, educated and privileged person in Ghana (Average IQ: 71) means that she just had to make a documentary about it all.

"In my documentary, I chose five people that I've met since I've been here and every one of them went to a black college in the US. It's something that prepares you mentally to realize you aren't a second-class citizen."

If I'm reading her correctly, Muhammida clearly believes that Blacks are second-class citizens in the United States. Her solution to this problem was to move to Ghana, where the education and wealth provided by her life in the United States mean she is an Upper-Class citizen. What this indicates is that Muhammida's struggle is internal, separate from the societies in which she has lived.

"I don't want people to think that Africa is this magic utopia where all your issues will go away. It's just that some of the things you might face in America as a black person - you won't have to suffer with those things here. You might not have electricity, but you won't get killed by the police either."

By throwing off your oppression in the United States you can access privilege in Ghana. According to intersectional theory, every privilege is countered by someone else's oppression. In this case, Muhammida taking a place in Ghana's upper echelons is an act of oppression against the Ghanaian people. Ghana should implement some form of affirmative action immediately to correct the balance.

Additionally, Muhammida again is betrayed by her privileged position in Ghanaian society- she says that the police there won't kill a Black person like the racist police in America. Yet, according to the Ghana 2016 Human Rights Report:

While the constitution and law prohibit such practices, there were credible reports police beat, raped, and otherwise abused suspects and other citizens. Beatings of suspects and other citizens occurred throughout the country but were generally unreported in official channels because victims were reluctant to file formal complaints.

Ah, that delicious privilege to not be raped by the police. The report goes on:

In 2015 UN special rapporteur Juan E. Mendez received reports that torture and other mistreatment occurred with frequency during apprehension, arrest, and interrogation of suspects, and particularly as a means to extract confessions by police.

In short, Muhammida is perfectly expressing the rank hypocrisy of the social justice cabal in the United States. Remove the Social Justice Warrior from the position of oppressed -in which they must seek special treatment from society- and move them to a position of privilege in another culture. The points of principle from which they claimed to be speaking evaporate. If you hold a principle to be true, you must hold it regardless of personal circumstance; this is why the Regressive, Neo-Marxist Leftist is a hypocrite.

Bought off with shiny baubles, Muhammida thinks nothing of the Ghanaian poor that she is now oppressing. Instead, she advocates for more of her people, wealthy African-Americans, to also move to Africa to exploit the favorable system there. To avoid having to compete with people who have an equal or better education and a clear work-ethic advantage, it is easier to cry-foul on the entire system and look for an easier mark.

Social Justice only matters when you can exploit it. Otherwise, take all the privilege you can get. Oh, but it was colonialism when Europeans did it. It was exploitation, it was so many things that White people must apologise for to this day.

"I have no connection to Ghana. Some people in my family did tests, and we found ties to Senegal and The Gambia, but I don't think you can ever figure it out.

A convert to Islam from America moves to an African nation she has no ties to and exploits the system for her own benefit. This is worthy of celebration in the press. What say you, SJWs of Ghana? Do you feel oppressed yet? Oh- there aren't any social justice warriors in Ghana. They're just tribal warriors who sporadically kill each other over ethnic differences. I guess as a true follower of Islam Muhammida doesn't care too much about the plight of LGBT people in Ghana either. As reported in The Guardian:

A lesbian couple, Dorothy and Emily, said they were attacked by a mob in their village in the Ashanti region of southern Ghana, after Emily’s mother revealed their sexuality to the community.

“About 20 to 25 people came into the room,” said Dorothy. “[My partner] was naked, her mother told her to get dressed. One of the guys took a cutlass from the house, wanted to put it on my vagina. We struggled and he burnt my stomach with a piece of hot steel. They managed to cut [my partner] on the face. There was a major hole and she was bleeding. The crowd wanted to kill both of us.”

There you have it, Black America. Ghana is the future. As long as you have an American University education and enough cash to be a documentary film-maker/digital marketer in a country where just 28% of the population have internet access, you can just ignore the raping cops, murderous tribesmen and abuse of gays.

So woke. So progressive.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://republicstandard.com/blaxit-hypocrite-black-americans-head-to-africa-revel-in-privilege/

So… Her moving back to Africa with a degree from Howard and all of the advantages of her American privilege sees an opportunity to compete with …a group of less qualified competitors where she can ‘always win’… I.E. taking advantage of the low hanging fruit…

Perhaps she and others like her can drag the cradle of civilization into the twentyfirst century… or maybe they will build their own little fiefdoms that Africa is famous for…

Goes to show that when people choose to circumvent the constitution of a country… its words become meaningless…

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Sounds like she wants to rule over others and doesn’t like merit based competition. She can’t compete on a level playing field so she needs to find a playing field that makes it easier for her to “win” at the game of life. Very typical behavior for most blacks.

This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time…perhaps my entire life.

They should feel right at home.

4cy7pB

Someone needs to make a rap video about this to get the word out!

I cannot get over the irony of this: she hated feeling like a second-class citizen, and now she is in a position to be, simply put, a privileged foreigner. Really, though, there is nothing that I do not like about this story: the U.S. is losing whiny anti-white racial grievance-mongers, who can go play kangz and kweenz elsewhere. Really, we should have a Kickstarter or GoFundMe to offer all members of BlackLivesMatter a free one-way ticket to a new life in the African country of their choice.

Those are high quality advertisements that speak the truf to the woke peoples.

I guess in the spirit of feminism I would just have to say… ‘You Go Girl !’

High-quality memeage, God-Emperor approved. :wink:

I also love it that the sales pitch for Angola stresses all the free stuff. :smiley: