Caravan Migrants sue Trump for his 'shockingly unconstitutional' border policy

A dozen people in the migrant caravan making its way to the U.S. border have sued President Trump and others in his administration for threatening to stop them at the border and house them in tent cities.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, claims that Trump’s position is " shockingly unconstitutional."

“President Trump continues to abuse the law, including constitutional rights, to deter Central Americans from exercising their lawful right to seek asylum in the United States, and the fact that innocent children are involved matters none to
President Trump,” it said.

It said Trump is violating the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution, which includes the due process clause that plaintiffs say applies to everyone in the U.S., including people seeking asylum once they arrive.

The lawsuit seeks immediate judgment for the plaintiffs and a declaration that Trump’s border plan is unconstitutional.

Trump this week insisted that that caravan of several thousand people would not be allowed to enter the U.S., and would instead be held in tent cities while their asylum applications are processed.

He also indicated he could sign an executive order as early as next week that prohibits asylum seekers from entering the U.S. outside a formal checkpoint. And, he has directed 5,200 members of the military to the border to back up efforts by border agents to protect the boundary.

1 Like

And there was me thinking that the US constitution was for citizens of the USA, not for citizens of other countries. I can’t this going anywhere. It would set up a World wide industry for non citizens of the USA

There is already a worldwide organization that supports the caravans.

Think they are fed for free??? Taken care of for free.

1 Like

How exactly have people who aren’t citizens of this country sued the President of the United States for enforcing US immigration and Border laws? What a joke.

Any children involved are Liberal pawns. Tug on America’s heart strings, and all that.

3 Likes

We can’t allow our country to continue to be humiliated like this. The audacity of these people to claim that somehow their rights are being violated because the president that WE elected has decided not to let them in to OUR country.

1 Like

Their case will be laughed out of court. They don’t have a right to enter the US, they can’t sue unless from within the US. This will be just like the Muslim ban, the President, i.e. the US, can deny entry to any and all we choose to. These enablers are idiots.

Aaaa hahahahaha…:joy:

I stopped thinking that it’s such a clear distinction after we captured and prosecuted Noriega for violating US laws. Kill him, send mercenaries after him, OK, but jail him for violating our laws? One more length down the slippery slope.

1 Like

:thinking: How do a set of poor people who are fleeing for economic reasons get a lawyer to sue the Federal Government?

4 Likes

You could consider Satan Soros

1 Like

Ohhhhh…but I thought he was just an innocent philanthropist? Also if I criticize him in any way then the left-wing will come out of the woodwork to label me as an anti-semite for asking honest questions about his intentions.

Funny how that works.

1 Like

I wonder what Levin is representing them and funding

Are you going full white nationalist now @KVN?

How can a group of potentially ILLEGALS have LEGAL STANDING for a lawsuit filed by a law firm that hasn’t put ONE FOOT on U.S. soil ???:us::stuck_out_tongue::fu:t2:

Literally…wut?

No - isn’t that what happens now when Soros is criticized?

Just stating the facts @FiredUpDem (oh and Soros is an atheist).

Screenshot_20181102-130356

1 Like

Ummm sweetie I’ve got news for you. If you don’t denounce whiteness then you are a white nationalist.

I will NEVER DENY my whiteness!!! I’m as PROUD of my German- Swiss heritage ( still investigating) as anyone else is of their’s.
I’m not a BLIND NATIONALIST .I believe as President Trump does that our foreign policy must be in OUR best INTEREST . If that makes me a NATIONALIST. So be it!!! :us:

1 Like

they have no right to apply UNTIL they are across the border (and maybe not even then under certain circumstances)

end of problem

yeh, we have been wondering about that… Do they have an outhouse on wheels that travels w/ them…?