Comey was 'insubordinate,' FBI wracked by leaks in 2016 campaign probe

Where the part about it being CRIMINAL ???

Pretty interesting how no charges have been filed.

No special prosecutor appointed.

If a GOP’er were benefiting from their leaks, insubordination, biased investigations, the left would be screaming for heads.

IG Report: No ‘Confidence’ Peter Strzok’s Decisionmaking ‘Free from Bias’

“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president right? Right?!” former FBI attorney Lisa Page wrote to FBI agent Peter Strzok.

Strzok replied, “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”

The text exchanges between the FBI employees included in Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s 581-page report follow others indicating a bias so strong that it influenced the way Strzok and Page conducted themselves.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” Strzok wrote Page. “It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.”

“Maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace,” FBI agent Page texted Strzok in another exchange. “I can protect our country at many levels,” Strzok responded.

It does not take a seasoned FBI investigator to deduce what it means to “stop” a candidate, create an “insurance policy” in case of that candidate’s election, and “protect” the country against “that menace.”

The verbiage certainly exercises Trump partisans. It bothered the more even-keeled inspector general, too.

The specific email in which Strzok talks of stopping Trump, Horowitz explains, “caused us to question the earlier Midyear investigative decisions in which he was involved, and whether he took specific actions in the Midyear investigation based on his political views.”

This includes the delay on acting on the discover of the Anthony Weiner laptop containing Clinton emails. The report states that “we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop was free from bias.”

Damningly, and quite ironically, the report notes that those investigating the improper use of personal email accounts to conduct government business improperly used personal email accounts to conduct government business. The inspector general points out that “we learned during the course of our review that Comey, Strzok, and Page used their personal email accounts to conduct FBI business.”

FBI agents stop criminals, not candidates. When they fixate on the latter, they risk becoming the former.

Pretty amazing how few people comment on the obvious bias and the lack of actin against the FBI.

And the hits just keep on coming:

Fired FBI Director James Comey used a personal email account to conduct official business following the time he was investigating Hillary Clinton for similar breaches of federal conduct, according to the Inspector General report on the FBI released Thursday.

“We identified numerous instances in which Comey used a personal email account (a Gmail account) to conduct FBI business,” the inspector general wrote.

The report provides five instances in which Comey used a private email address, all on November 8, 2016 or later. He had closed out the Clinton email investigation by this time.

The former FBI director reportedly never used his personal email account to transmit non-public information, but the inspector general noted Comey’s actions were “inconsistent” with Department of Justice (DOJ) policy.

“We found that, given the absence of exigent circumstances and the frequency with which the use of personal email occurred, Comey’s use of a personal email account on multiple occasions for unclassified FBI business to be inconsistent with the DOJ Policy Statement,” the inspector general wrote.

Comey is a lanky rich lawyer who needs the shit kicked out of him in a back alley. He’d fold like a cheap suit. You people want the truth? That’s all that needs to happen. Send that tall skinny prick to Brooklyn. I’ll hook you guys up.

VIVA LE RESISTANCE’: MUELLER TEAM ATTORNEY SENT ANTI-TRUMP

An FBI attorney who worked on the special counsel’s Russia investigation until earlier this year sent anti-Trump text messages to a colleague, including one exclaiming: “Viva le Resistance.”

The attorney’s comments are revealed in a Justice Department inspector general’s report released on Thursday.

The lawyer is not identified, but he worked on the Hillary Clinton email investigation and was the FBI’s lead attorney on the investigation into Russian election interference. He was assigned to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation soon after it began in May 2017 and left in late February of this year after some of his private messages were shared with the special counsel.

The inspector general’s report focuses on instant messages that the attorney exchanged with a colleague about the Clinton and Russia probes. (RELATED: ‘Willingness’ To Impact The Election: IG’s Clinton Report Is Loaded With Bombshells)

“I am numb,” the attorney wrote on Nov. 9, 2016, the day after President Trump’s election.

“I am so stressed about what I could have done differently,” the lawyer continued, apparently referring to the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email probe.

The attorney’s messages show that he was distressed at the FBI’s decision in October 2016 to re-open the investigation into Clinton’s emails. Democrats have claimed that decision hurt Clinton at the polls.

The FBI lawyer also suggested that he would work to resist the Trump administration.

“Is it making you rethink your commitment to the Trump administration?” one FBI lawyer wrote on Nov. 22, 2016.

“Hell no. Viva le resistance,” the future Mueller attorney responded.

During interviews with the office of the inspector general, the lawyer claimed that his “personal political feelings or beliefs … in no way impacted” his work on the Clinton or Russia investigations.

The lawyer did acknowledge that the messages created the perception of anti-Trump bias. He told investigators that he “can understand the, the perception issues that come from” the Nov. 22, 2016 exchange.

The special counsel’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates revealed that the DOJ instructed federal investigators to hold back on an open probe in Clinton Foundation in 2016, according to the Department of Justice Inspector General report released Thursday.

According to the document, the FBI was investigating the Clinton’s ostensibly-charitable organization ahead of the election, contrary to contemporaneous reports that the DOJ did not open a probe into the Clinton Foundation.

“Numerous witnesses told us that agents involved in the Clinton Foundation investigation were instructed to take no overt investigative steps prior to the election,” the inspector general writes.

Yates confirmed and defended this revelation:

Yeah, I think there was discussion about look, if [agents on the Clinton Foundation investigation] want to go do record stuff and stuff that you can do covertly, fine. But not overtly…. And the sort of thought being we’ll address that again at the end after the election was over.

The deputy attorney general cited the DOJ investigation into Paul Manafort as evidence that this was standard practice. “I had a lengthy discussion with [McCabe], at least one, maybe more about how important it was at that time that our [Manafort] investigation not be overt,” she said.

But the Manafort investigation became public in a CNN report in August 2016, several months before the election. Yates’ orders regarding the Manafort case apparently went unheeded.

Trump fired Yates in his first month on the job after she refused to defend the president’s travel ban.

How can anyone say there wasn’t any personal bias involved, when it was the driving force behind the attempt to keep Trump from becoming President and not charging HRC with any criminal charges.
This report is not worth being used as toilet paper and is a complete WHITEWASH of everything .Errors in judgment my ASS!!! I guess it’s an error in judgment when MS-13 kills someone.
I bet between sips of champagne, every one involved is laughing and giving the finger to President Trump. CNN will be celebrating through the weekend. :-1:t6:

Democrats and the liberal MSM are writing their own obituaries.

Only in Washington can they make that claim.

The OIG did. Comey was fired, that’s what you’d want right? Though not for any findings by the OIG. Trump already told us that he fired Comey for mishandling the Clinton investigation.

Lol, this is Trump’s government.

The OIG is a employed by the entity it was investigating. We need an INDEPENDENT investigation…one that is not afraid of telling the TRUTH!

The Horowitz report was akin to Comey’s report in which he listed a shitload of transgressions by the bitch, Hillary and then proclaimed she had done nothing worthy of indictment.

For an entity to investigate itself is a JOKE!

OIG investigates only.

It would be up to the DOJ to bring charges which seems unlikely.

No it remains a biased, Obama based department, the DOJ, The FBI, the IRS, populated with the left leaning employees.

Perhaps a complete house cleaning is in order.

AG Sessions has been quiet about the report. I guess he won’t push Rosenstein to comply with the House committee and give them what they want. Both of them have no business being in government. :woman_zombie:

Sessions sheepish posture is the main cause of our having a biased special counsel who is spending a million dollars per month looking for non existent evidence of collusion based upon fabricated accusations bought and paid for by political opponents.

But there they are, right in the middle of the TIC’s swamp. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sessions should never have become AG and Rosenstein should have been fired LONG AGO.:bomb:

Comey and Clinton didn’t commit any crimes. Comey was insubordinate and Clinton was extremely careless. Maybe you should read the THOUSANDS of articles about this instead of listening to Dotard Trump and Faux News.