Conflicting Positions

Again you’ve displayed your psychic powers, and I got to tell you once again missed by parsecs! Did you learn this skill at Trump U?

I will tell you this though in partial support of a different take on your argument. I had Medicare Part A and B and a Kaiser supplemental policy for about a year. Since I’m pretty healthy and won’t go to a facility for normal things trusting to my good genes, it never cost the gov a dime other than admin and I paid them a lot more than I cost them. But Kaiser who charges only about $50 a month for their sublimental, marketed to me every health service under the sun as they could have charged the gov for it. I now have coverage through my current employer with Kaiser and they don’t market anything to me as they know I’m not a bottomless pit like the gov! So in this take, it’s the providers who are out to get the free stuff!

Are you saying 50% of Muslims
Polled didn’t admit to wanting to kill gays?

Or the FBI has over 1,000 Active investigations On Muslims?

That every Spanish speaking neighborhood in America is high in crime?

Hmmm

So you must be referring to coal without referring to coal?

And the fusion I’m talking about is not cold, it’s about a million degrees C and up!

You can deflect if you want but, for instance, the sea level over the last 8000 years has, within a range remained flat. The Khmer Civilization in Cambodia had a very advanced culture built around water flow with lakes, canal, and irrigation… their civilization collapsed with the what is termed a climate change event that destroyed the functionality of their water works. Thonis-Heracleion, the port city for Egypt lies underwater 6.5 kilometers off shore. Iceland is currently rising out of the water at a rate of 1.5 inches a year… think that might displace a few ounces of water?

The fact is, our actual window of ‘observable science’ is very, very small and we are hanging a lot of emphasis on changes that seem large to our brief window of observation but is actually well within a normal variation and the errors in data are magnified because we actually have so little history to go on. People want to hang their hat on CO2 but we are finding that methane is a much more volatile gas and has far more sources in the natural world than cows. It seems now that the argument over CO2 rise is whether it will cause the temperature to rise or fall… Science is far to confused, the data is far too limited and the ‘Climate Scientists’ are far to presumptive of a conclusion to bet the farm on.

Analogies can make a subject clearer for some… I use them sparingly but the fact is, small errors in any data can have huge implications for downstream prognosis. While you are right, the fossil fuel industry will fight hard to build a case in favor of themselves, a consortium of industry disrupter have just as big a stake in the game and as usual, they are using western governments to push their agenda…

I am a nuclear proponent as well… I just think that we should get away from that which produces plutonium as a by product and move to a thorium based reactor that does not have nearly the amount or lethality of wast material and the process is not chain reactive…

Coal would certainly be one that was overtly targeted but the diversion of a food source as an additive and calling it ‘renewable’ and indeed environmental is very disingenuous. Government propping up the businesses like Solaira … I could continue…

Auh what to hell…

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies given taxpayer money:

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Lol

I have standard insurance

The expectation is yet another cost increase

Someone has to pay for those paying less than cost

Thank you democrats for all the freebies in the ACA

ACA or no ACA the cost of health care per person in the US is now $13,000 per person including people without insurance. Prior to the ACA it was just about the same figure adjusted for inflation. It’s a complex set of problems but one take away from what I said above about Kaiser’s supplemental coverage, it seems the gov paying for services has increased both the number of services providers are wanting to do, and the amount that can be charged for them. This is why the gov, even given it being more efficient than private insurance companies (an arguable point but I’m using this ‘fudge factor’ to sway the argument in the opposite direction) can’t fix our problem. Our current system is like something out of Atlas Shrugged as crony and government supported as the railroads in that book.

I’m with the libertarians here, let the free market operate, a little coercion must be applied to get our providers off the crony capitalism path, and publish their prices providing a reader board so consumers can decided where to have things done. What we got now is like going into a McDonald’s, ordering a big mac, and finding out 5 weeks latter that it cost $2300.

Personal health savings accounts or maybe just higher pay from employers who won’t be involved in this matter anymore. For people without the means for getting services, let the market create a cheaper, unregulated, path for them.

Ok, I see what you mean, good list.
Yes it’s a small part of corporate welfare, trying to jump start industries while letting others weasel out of taxes. Other countries who are our competitors are doing this sort of thing. If the choices for the investment, and these were primarily loan guarantees, work out it’s a pragmatic win, if not it’s a loss.

I don’t object to the gov funding start ups that make sense. But in the case of this list I knew all the solar projects were stupid as they were based on the silicon substrates and these are expensive, overly pure for this application (even though they use the ‘not fit for chips’ rejects or obsolete growing equipment). The Chinese have pushed the carbon printed cell (amorphous) to a limit of efficiency where it is just now becoming practical. All done in their universities with public money. These are going to be the winners, as they are much cheaper, more flexible and easier to mount. Obama should have asked people like me and not the cronies about this!

But these are all toy power sources compared to fusion (it’s what runs the stars), and if I was in charge I would have a Manhattan project expenditures going into that! Private industry isn’t going to do this, because it is the sort of thing that is going to have to be given to everyone, everywhere. So, either the gov does it or it won’t get done, and it may be like the failures on your list, as it just might be impossible. But it’s a long term investment in the survival of the human race, and I’m bullish on the human race! What better investment is there?

I’m not dissing your comment I just don’t know where it connects to anything I’ve said?

Just giving you reason why we need to shut down immigration

I think we need to shut it down too!
Letting more and more come it isn’t good.
I’m in favor of a high tech wall, not a fixed structure, and taking our southern border agents up 4 fold to over 100 thousand using troops trained for this mission.
Fixed wall can’t be shut down in an emergency, killing Americans because of it will happen, fire, flood, asteroid strike, who knows.

Good so you agree Muslims are bad and Latinos thank you. They don’t assimilate

Nonsense, why don’t you stick to putting words in your own mouth!

Lol so why shut it down?

That’s a real question?

1. We don’t know what to do with the 20 million illegals we have now let alone letting more in.
  2. Our resources are not infinite and we can’t take in everyone.
  3. We need to check out who gets in to make sure they are not dangerous.
  4. We need to at least check on what is coming in to the country.
  5. We need to know how many people are here and in what areas for emergencies and planning.

Another walk away moment… wow! Welcome

Immigration is a difficult topic

There is assimilation. As more immigrate they form communities within communities. There are few reasons to assimilate when you remain in your community as language culture remains the same
The country doesn’t get the. Best and brightest. Professionals wait in line illegals have instant access
The resources to assist people are strained
The wage paradigm is affected as wages stagnate
As you can see there are numerous reasons for limiting immigration and these are just a few

With respect for the last presidents disregard for the laws that government our immigration, that is precisely why I support a physical barrier… you can’t just ignore it… Providing for an emergency, the wall itself isn’t a particularly formidable structure and openings can be created easily by properly equipped construction outfits. When you talk about asteroids… now your moving into prepper territory… :+1:

No wall electronic or real will stop the flood of illegals when there is little in punishment. Once you are in, released your free to go anywhere in the US.