Costco Rejects Money For Children’s Miracle Network!

I went to Costco from Sam’s club because they paid their employees a living wage . Looks like I’m going back .
Costco Rejects Money For Children’s Miracle Network Because It Came From Gun Seller
For years, a Sacramento Black Rifle banner has hung in the Citrus Heights, California Costco. Black Rifle generously gives to the Children’s Miracle Network via the wholesale retailer. For this, they get a banner in the store.

Then, according to a Black Rifle manager Nick Robertson, Citrus Heights Costco reported a complaint from an employee. And down came the banner. Representatives from the store later changed that to a “customer complaint” and explained the decision came directly from the Costco corporate office, according to Robertson.

Word spread about the politically correct move by the Citrus Heights Costco. Shortly after that, two representatives from the Roseville, California Costco walked into the gun store, telling Black Rifle they’d gladly welcome their donations and would proudly display the banner. According to the reps, there was no corporate policy against it. So Sacramento Black Rifle worked with the Roseville Costco on a banner and donated $500 to the Children’s Miracle Network.

For many years, Sacramento Black Rifle has donated to local causes to the tune of half a million dollars, according to owner Rob Adams. And for five years, the firearms dealer has shelled out $500 at a time to give to the Children’s Miracle Network on behalf of Costco.

According to the Children’s Miracle Network website, the money goes directly to hospitals “to help save and improve the lives of as many children as possible.” But if you are driven by a belief in the Second Amendment, needy children will have to wait.

Democrats and the media have stepped up their gun shaming since the horrible shooting in Parkland. Costco stores have begun to panic and rejected money for a good cause.

https://finance.townhall.com/columnists/charlierichards/2018/05/14/draft-n2480746

Welcome back to Sams where they are only interested in selling more goods and services to the public.

Time to pull the plug on that Costco membership. Hell I’m even considering pulling the plug on my NRA membership. Despite all the money I keep giving to the NRA bullshit laws keep getting passed. I think I’m going to switch to the Gun Owners of America. I suggest that all of you do the same.

Were there protesters outside of COSCO??? Its sad whenever people get a wild hair up their ass,people have to suffer.
Why take money away from CMN to help children because it came from a gun organization . When will the nonsense stop???:rofl:

Money spent on NRA membership gets us nothing. The same money, spent on ammunition, buys us family security.

Chances are that with out the NRA fronting for all fire arms owners you wouldn’t have the luxury of buying that ammo . There is a reason the NRA is on the hate list of every progressive in America watch the talk shows tomorrow mourning if you don’t believe me !

They aren’t donating. They’re buying an ad in Costco. Costco is making the donation. All they’ve done is turn down an advertisement from a death machine vendor.

I’ll bet they wouldn’t turn down paid advertisements from auto makers or truck manufacturers.

I think Black Rifle gave a $500.00 check made out to Costco for Costco to donate to the Children’s Miracle Network in Costco’s name !
All Costco has done is screw the Children’s Miracle Network out of $500.00 and lost a member !

Wrong. I already stated the facts. Also your point doesn’t even make sense. If they wanted to donate the money they didnt have to go through Costco to do it

For years, a Sacramento Black Rifle banner has hung in the Citrus Heights, California Costco. Black Rifle generously gives to the Children’s Miracle Network via the wholesale retailer. For this, they get a banner in the store.
Then, according to a Black Rifle manager Nick Robertson, Citrus Heights Costco reported a complaint from an employee. And down came the banner. Representatives from the store later changed that to a “customer complaint” and explained the decision came directly from the Costco corporate office, according to Robertson.
“Pursuant to Costco Wholesale’s Regional Office direction. (Enclosed) please find your company check for $500.00 made out to COSTCO WHSE 00 representing a refund of your CMN banner donation made to Roseville Costco on April 3rd, 2018."
For many years, Sacramento Black Rifle has donated to local causes to the tune of half a million dollars, according to owner Rob Adams. And for five years, the firearms dealer has shelled out $500 at a time to give to the Children’s Miracle Network on behalf of Costco.

As I said all Costco has done is screw the Children’s Miracle Network out of $500.00 and lost a member !

Like I said they were donating the money in exchange for advertising space. Costco decided that they didn’t want that banner in their store anymore. Costco returned the check.

Why is it that you “conservatives” get so upset when a private business makes a decision like this?

If this company wasn’t in it for the advertising space they could have just donated to the charity directly but they refused to.

48e95288d76834f3530c6fccfef43d651bdbdfc6135bdd02588cf47e34cc2583

Hopefully Costco can make up the difference (but they won’t), but then again you could care less as the money isn’t going to you.

And they could care less about the little banner no one pays attention to.

Remember - lefties put their money where their mouth is. We support companies that take a stand. Conservatives are tight wads. That’s why these companies side with us. I thought conservatives knew all there was to know about business! LOL!

Companies are in business to sell products and make a profit for the share/bondholders.

When a business takes a stand on any issue they are sure to piss off half the consumer base affecting profits and the owners of the company.

Look what taking a stand did for the NFL.

Conservatives tend to be far more generous than liberals.

“How America Gives,” published by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, uses IRS data to determine giving patterns across the country, broken out by income ranges across ZIP codes, counties, and states. Researchers looked at adjusted gross income to determine how much people gave, and the study tracked about 80 percent of all money donated to charity by taxpaying Americans in 2012, the latest year for which IRS data was available.

While most coverage of the report has focused on the finding that top-earners have been giving a smaller share of their income to charity than poorer Americans, The Chronicle study also highlights “giving patterns,” broken out by state and compared against how each state voted in the 2012 presidential election, i.e., whether it went for Romney or Obama.

The Ten Least Generous States in the U.S.

New Hampshire
At 1.74 percent, New Hampsherites were dead last for giving in 2012, but gave enough votes to Barack Obama for him to win the state.

Maine
Mainers helped give Barack Obama the White House for a second term, but they gave less than 2 percent (1.95 percent) of their incomes to charity in 2012.

Vermont
Vermonters fell hard for the president in 2012, giving him 67 percent of the state’s vote, but a 2.00 percent rate of giving put them very near the bottom of this list.

New Jersey
The home of Republican Governor Chris Christie backed Barack Obama in 2012, while residents squeezed out just over two percent of their adjusted gross income for charity that year.

Rhode Island
Residents of this tiny slice of the Northeast voted for Obama in 2012 and gave 2.07 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity.

Massachusetts
Mitt Romney may have been governor here, but historically Democratic Massachusetts broke for Obama in 2012, while residents there gave 2.19 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity.

Connecticut
This very Blue State went predictably for Obama in 2012, while residents there handed over 2.34 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity.

North Dakota
Another Plains State that went for Mitt Romney, but residents of North Dakota were not so generous as those in other states, giving only 2.37 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity in 2012.

Wisconsin
The great Northern State also went Barack Obama’s way in 2012, though residents there could only manage to give up 2.44 percent of their adjusted gross income for charity.

Hawaii
The state that gave the world Barack Obama unsurprisingly swung his way in 2012, but residents there only coughed up 2.47 percent of their adjusted gross income for charitable causes.

Better check with Yeti , Dicks and the NFL to name just a few !
The outdoors sports men and women of American are united behind this President the second amendment and making America safe again !

That is sad really that a company has to be so political I will help spread the word . I have grown tired of this sort of crap and gladly spend my money elsewhere.

We switched to Sam’s Club this weekend.