DHS Preparing to Arrest Sanctuary City Leaders

And it seems that you’d enjoy that one.

This is state law now starting Jan 1. CA is violating fed law with this shit but they are digging their heels in. You’re right and I wonder how obedient their police forces will be if ordered to physically block feds from entering state offices.

I’m telling you, it’s gonna pop off.

Perhaps the announcement is the plan.

You don’t speak for me and you don’t put words in my mouth. You just worry about you bud.

Would you have something more specific to say about the charge?

What plan? The Pres said he doesn’t announce things, shrug.

You missed that one. Perhaps the entire plan is the announcement. Nothing else, no more, nothing. Just keep them on their toes. You know, screw with them.

Oh, I see. That could be.

We know his personality. He is predictably un-predictable and this type of move is a business move. You get them scrambling and look for weaknesses. When you find them you act on them.

Our system of government is not designed to function where the people are not generally in agreement to be being governed by it.

The feds can either go in and shut it down, or they can let the CA state government get away with it. In either case the construct called the “United” States of America is weakened and delegitimized.

And what would that look like to you?

They are making a law requiring people to break the federal law. The feds have jurisdiction in this matter. So aren’t those who passed and enforce the state law guilty of some crime? All in the name of protecting people who have broken a law, and are criminals.

Just shut it down already. Shut California down for fuck’s sake.

Exactly…what does that mean???

If the end result is that illegals are tossed out of the workplace… who cares… We don’t really need a wall either… we just need constant, determined enforcement of our laws. The wall is for those times when those in the position of ‘Faithfully Execute’ go off the rails…

Welll… while I agree with your sentiment in this case, for far to long people have attempted to play up the word ‘United’ over the more relevant word ‘States’ (please note that word is plural)…

Existing law provides that when there is reason to believe that a person arrested for a violation of specified controlled substance provisions may not be a citizen of the United States, the arresting agency shall notify the appropriate agency of the United States having charge of deportation matters.

This bill would repeal those provisions.

Existing law provides that whenever an individual who is a victim of or witness to a hate crime, or who otherwise can give evidence in a hate crime investigation, is not charged with or convicted of committing any crime under state law, a peace officer may not detain the individual exclusively for any actual or suspected immigration violation or report or turn the individual over to federal immigration authorities.
This bill would, among other things and subject to exceptions, prohibit state and local law enforcement agencies, including school police and security departments, from using money or personnel to investigate, interrogate, detain, detect, or arrest persons for immigration enforcement purposes, as specified, and would, subject to exceptions, proscribe other activities or conduct in connection with immigration enforcement by law enforcement agencies

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB54

Illegal Uber driver rapes 4 women , yet dems fight to keep them in the Country