Dicks is discriminating and the left loves it

Because that’s not their responsibility to make that decision.

Dick’s isn’t making law. That would be congress or a president with a pen I suppose.

DICKS the name says it all !

But this thread is not about what they sell it is about them discriminating against people who can legally purchase firearms. Nothing to do with type, everything to do with selling NO firearms to a certain demographic.

CEO Ed Stack is piece of shit jumping on the commie band wagon by stopping sales of “assault style” weapons and raising the age to buy a gun. Fuck him and his store. Call them and tell them they lost a customer.

I think I’ll start using Dick’s.

They said the same thing in 2012 after Sandy Hook and I haven’t spent a cent there since. So it sounds like this is mostly virtue signaling by repeating their previous virtue signaling.

Everyone makes choices.

The company makes choices and customers react to the managements choices.

It didnt bother management Before Parkland.

Well we don’t know that do we? Perhaps that was the straw for them.

They are just opportunists. They pulled this stunt once before…after Sandy Hook. Just like @Starbuck said but you must have missed his post.

And again! I am talking about the AGE ISSUE! I NEVER MENTIONED ANY TYPE OF FIREARM! They said they will not sell to anyone under 21 YOA.

It wasn’t a stunt then and it isn’t now and the CEO says it won’t go back.

I hope alot of customers won’t go back too.

Why? It’s not the only thing people go to Dicks to buy.

I’m surprised you don’t use dicks already .

I’m a backpacker and use REI.

Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement. Licensee cannot lower the minimum age. A licensee raising the minimum age would then fall into the category of age discrimination. Licensee CANNOT, under any circumstances, set it’s own minimum age. https://www.atf.gov/.../does-customer-have-be-certain-agehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination#Age

Why is it nefarious. Why isn’t it possible that the owners/management of Hobby Lobby have a personal conviction with regard to feeding their employees birth control pills … or why a cake maker might have personal convictions about the type of product they deliver and to whom.

Until that is the general discussion, then the ability for some to stand on their convictions and others unable to because somehow their is a difference… sorry, it makes the entire process nefarious.

A lot of people never used the restrooms in Target and it cost them a lot of business… Snopes of course downplays the 2016 decision by pointing to a stock price fall at an investor meeting in 2017… but that investor meeting was to announce sharply lower year on year expectations…