Exposed excerpts from the Barcelona Agreement

Shared / copied from a fb friend…

If you haven’t read it, here are the most relevant parts which I extracted from the full text a while back.
EXTRACT FROM THE BARCELONA - EURO MEDITERRANEAN DECLARATION 1995.
(adopted at the conference 27/28/11/1995)
The Euro Mediterranean Declaration was agreed upon by the EU, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Lebanon and Turkey.

RESPECT FOR ISLAM
‘Multiculturalism is to be respected in order to promote tolerance between different ethnic groups in society. The importance of a resolute common campaign against racism, xenophobia and intolerance is emphasised.’
‘Close mutual European - Muslim influence on radio, television, newspapers and magazines is to bring about cultural understanding. The EU will actively promote such mutual influences. Youth exchange is one of the instruments for co-operation between future Euro-Mediterranean generations.’

'In return for concrete political and economic changes the EU offers integration in the expanded internal market of the EU and the possibility of to obtain *FREE MOVEMENT of goods, services, money *AND PEOPLE. (*my emphasis)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Account from the Euro-Mediterranean Foreign Conference, Brussels - 5/6 -10 - 2001
(3 weeks after the attack on the World Trade Centre in New York)

‘The ministers declined as both dangerous and unfounded any connection between terror and the Arab and Muslim world. In this context the importance of the Barcelona Process was emphasised by everybody as a suitable and recognised instrument to promote a dialogue between equal partners and civilisations’.
‘The ministers agreed to work on deepening the ongoing dialogue between the cultures, especially wanting to direct attention towards youth, *EDUCATION, and THE MEDIA’ (*my emphasis)
‘Cultural policy must avoid the popular distinction between ‘them’ and ‘us’, even mentioning ‘the other’, as this opens the gate for imposing collective identity on the individual’.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote from Margaret Beckett, then UK Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs July 7th.2006

‘Our obligation to the values that mean most to us - freedom, tolerance,and justice - has grown even stronger and deeper since the London Bombings. So has our relationship with the Islamic world, which also shares our common ideals today’.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

INTER CULTURAL DIALOGUE: THE MEDIA'S ROLE - May 2006

Taken from a speech by Benita Ferrera Waldner, European Commissioner for External Relations to SELECTED EUROPEAN MEDIA REPRESENTATIVES (my emphasis)

‘We will identify a nucleus of journalists and analysts around which to develop a structured, sustainable system of information exchange and publication focused on North-South understanding’.
'So today, let me issue a call to action. All parts of society have a responsibility to act against racism and xenophobia, but the media have a crucial role to play GIVEN YOUR POWER TO SHAPE SOCIETAL ATTITUDES.*
‘…THOSE WHO CONTROL SUCH MEDIA ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES’. * (my emphasis)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote from Danish political writer Anders Bruun Laursen (translated into English)

‘Who can mention an act of treason to Europe greater than the Euro-Mediterranean Declaration and Project?
For 12 years now European politicians and media have remained completely silent about the formidable Euro-Mediterranean Project which began in 1973 with the European-Arab dialogue, and which was nothing but submission to Islam.
The EU GRANTS FREE MOVEMENT TO MUSLIMS FROM 9 COUNTRIES INTO EUROPE WHICH WILL CHANGE OUR ANCIENT CULTURE, RELIGION AND IDENTITY INTO A TOTALLY UNWANTED ISLAMIC IDENTITY. (my emphasis)
Our politicians seem to use Islam as a deliberate ram to crush our identity, culture, CHRISTIAN RELIGION (my emphasis) and national states in the name of globalism- the New World Order’

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////