Flashback: Judge Blocking Trump’s DACA Order Was Removed From Case For Calling NY Fire Department “A Stubborn Bastion Of White Male Privilege”

Judge Nicholas Garaufis, the Clinton appointee who issued a preliminary order today blocking President Trump’s plan to phase out DACA, has a history of letting his personal beliefs impair his ability as an impartial jurist, a pattern that once prompted a higher court to remove him from a prominent discrimination trial involving the New York City Fire Department.

Just a few years ago, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals removed Judge Garaufis from a racial discrimination case against the NYFD, after Garaufis called the Department “a stubborn bastion of white male privilege,” thereby revealing his own bias in favor of the plaintiffs. Predictably, Garaufis’ remark raised all sorts of ethics questions, and the city argued he should be removed from the entire case.

A panel of three Second Circuit judges ruled that this comment – in addition to Garaufis’ other harsh, unnecessarily personal criticisms of city leaders throughout the case – had become such an issue that he could no longer be trusted to preside fairly over the lawsuit’s intentional discrimination claim trial.

The panel’s opinion, authored by Judge Jon Newman, argued that even if Garaufis’ personal beliefs were not going to cloud his judgment and handling of the trial, his comments were inflammatory enough that “an objective observer would have a reasonable basis to question the judge’s impartiality.” The trial was subsequently reassigned.

You won’t hear this stuff from the lying mainstream media. Keep the GotNews mission alive: send tips to editor@gotnews.com or donate at FreeStartr.com/GotNews.

Garaufis, who has sat on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York since Bill Clinton appointed him to it in 2000, has previously made similarly slanted comments about President Obama’s constitutionally dubious Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive amnesty program.

For instance, in September, Garaufis called the Trump Administration’s decision to not extend the deadline for DACA applications “heartless,” and chided the government’s lawyers by sarcastically declaring “I’m just glad I was born in Paterson, N.J., not Mexico City,” according to The New York Times.

Stay tuned for more.

Our researchers shut down Facebook’s biased left-wing trending news team. They uncovered never-before-heard audio tapes of establishment Trump-hater John McCain broadcasting communist propaganda in Vietnam. Their research was successfully used in court against Rolling Stone magazine in a $7.5 million judgment. Best of all, Politico revealed that President Donald J. Trump reads printed-out GotNews articles in the Oval Office.

I’d like to see a process put in place to have these judges removed. Just like Congress there should be term limits. I think forcing judges out with the president that appointed them is probably a bad idea because it would give way too much power to one party over the other, depending on who was in office. Maybe a 10-year period would be good because it would provide just enough overlap. I don’t know but there has to be another way that’s better than what we have now.

Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea for them to go through a Reconfirmation process every 10 yrs after the 1st appointment.

This is a good idea. They do this with the FBI Director. I also like the reconfirmation idea from @Freedom76 if they knew their cushy job was on the line every reconfirmation cycle then they might start behaving like adults again.

Term limits is the only answer.

How many times has a person sitting before congress said on thing then did another???

I’m against term limits because the voters can vote someone out when they’re up for reelection.
When need to have illegals not voting . Oops I forgot the Liberals say that doesn’t happen just like the dead don’t come out of the grave to vote(Chicago).
Blame has to be put on the many “Cerebally Challenged” voters who vote for politicians to get their revenge( some black voters) Oops I guess that’s Racist.I really don’t give a Damn, it’s true in Some cases.
I guess I’m out of touch with “Mainstream Thought” today.

People are people.

Some people vote for who offers the most free.