Florida Parkland Shooting: Liberal Gun Control Ideas are Worthless

How are those common sense gun laws working out in Chicago?

I always want to ask the gun lovers to explain what value the 2nd amendment has provided to civil society and civil liberties—how has it protected individual rights and limited government power over the individual? As far as I can tell it has only protected itself.

Then, of course, we could ask why Justice Scalia thought it was ok to regulate guns but the NRA does not.

Another reason to feel shame for my country, the idiotic love of guns.

I get your point about the Dems but honestly, they should be raked over the coals every time this happens as well. They are week and spineless when it comes to this issue and they are completely complicit.

If they genuinely came out hard, and I mean super hard, for gun control I think they would paint the GOP into an uncomfortable corner. A lot of people in the USA don’t love guns (as well as a lot who do) and they are getting pretty tired, I would hope, of burying kids.

Like 15 hour filibusters until Republicans agree to hold a vote on legislation to close gun buying loopholes hard?

Or what about staging a 24+ hour sit-in on the House floor (and streaming by phone after Republicans turn off the C-span feed) hard?

I’m not sure what you think they’re not doing hard enough. They’re out there every single time.

The US public needs to finally do their part and insist republicans do something.

How come when Democrats were in the majority and jamming through Obamacare they didn’t jam through “common sense gun laws” is it because they actually just would rather virtue signal? I don’t want gun laws but the face that you think sit ins are the same thing as passing legislation is laughable.

The ‘AR-15’ is now the weapon of choice within gun holding American homes.

A machine gun, there is no other way of calling it anything else, and the right to carry it and use it is protected under the 2nd amendment - surely the framers of the constitution would balk at this interpretation of their clause?

Retaining the essence of the 2nd Amendment with far less powerful weaponry being made available to citizenry must be seriously considered.

Also, the link between white supremacist groups and these incidents is undeniable. Surely, you muse see this.

The Supreme Court ruled weapons could be regulated, but I have no interest in honoring the terrible mistake that was the 2nd amendment. It has zero value.

Oh, pray tell and just how do they do that.

Do you honestly think gun laws will prevent another event like this from happening??

Gun laws will not fix crazy.

Think gun laws will prevent criminals from getting guns?

Think gun laws will prevent gangs from getting guns?

Has strict gun laws prevented people in Chicago from killing each other with guns?

Don’t get caught up in the rush to ban the evil AR . Do some research and make up your mind ,

Mr. Landrieu and Mayor Michael A. Nutter of Philadelphia are founders of Cities United, a network of mayors trying to prevent the deaths of young black men. “This is not just a gun issue, this is an unemployment issue, it’s a poverty issue, it’s a family issue, it’s a culture of violence issue,” Mr. Landrieu said.

On Sept. 13, 1994, President Bill Clinton signed an assault weapons ban into law. It barred the manufacture and sale of new guns with military features and magazines holding more than 10 rounds. But the law allowed those who already owned these guns — an estimated 1.5 million of them — to keep their weapons.

The policy proved costly. Mr. Clinton blamed the ban for Democratic losses in 1994.
But in the 10 years since the previous ban lapsed, even gun control advocates acknowledge a larger truth: The law that barred the sale of assault weapons from 1994 to 2004 made little difference.

It turns out that big, scary military rifles don’t kill the vast majority of the 11,000 Americans murdered with guns each year. Little handguns do.

One reason: The use of these weapons may be rare over all, but they’re used frequently in the gun violence that gets the most media coverage, mass shootings.

The criminologist James Alan Fox at Northeastern University estimates that there have been an average of 100 victims killed each year in mass shootings over the past three decades. That’s less than 1 percent of gun homicide victims.

Most Americans do not know that gun homicides have decreased by 49 percent since 1993 as violent crime also fell,

In 2012, only 322 people were murdered with any kind of rifle, F.B.I. data shows.

The continuing focus on assault weapons stems from the media’s obsessive focus on mass shootings, which disproportionately involve weapons like the AR-15, a civilian version of the military M16 rifle. This, in turn, obscures some grim truths about who is really dying from gunshots.

The AR 15 is a semi automatic rifle just like many 22’s.

Banning automatic weapons, bump stocks, fine. That’s where I draw the line.

Banning weapons isn’t the answer as the left claims, mental healthcare, better identification of the unstable would go further in preventing mass shootings.
If gun laws were effective, Chicago wouldn’t be the murder capital.

That and the lefts battle cry to keep the minions agitated in their activist rolls.

Guns save a lot of lives - stop a lot of bad people and crime - and hiding under the bed while some scumbag (who will have a gun - legal or not) rapes your wife while chatting with “911” is not an option. When seconds count, the cops will be there in “a while.”

It’s like saying you want to ban air-travel, because when a plane goes down, a bunch of people die at once.

The “shootings” are, statistically speaking, a tiny % of annual deaths - magnified media-events which distort the reality that if there were no blacks or hispanics in the USA, we would have a very small murder-rate similar to Norway (pre-mass-immigration-wave).

Nor am I fired up… we have groups in society that have worked tirelessly for their own personal satisfaction and in doing so transfered the responsibility for a good caring society to someone else. Feminists have worked to destroy families and marriage, womens rights groups have killed 60million babies since Roe, the psychiatric field has made themselves and their pharmaceutical friends so popular that over half the population is either drugged or in therapy, and of course we have more and more people pushing for the slippery slope of euthanasia and simultaneously pushing our healthcare to budget 20% of all care to end of life treatment. Government is moving farther and farther away from people and it make society anxious. People and government no longer respect life, the just want for their life to be cushy and protected from their own bad choices… When you encourage and create a society like that, you get people who are so in need of attention that they will shoot, stab, burn, blowup and of course run over people even if they don’t live to see their names in the papers that we all buy to gawk at.

P.S. That teenager did not have a machine gun no matter how much you want it to be so… you can make a bb gun look like a monster cannon… I had an exact replica of a Beretta that shot plastic balls (a toy)… doesn’t make it an ‘assault weapon’. Modern shot guns weigh about a 1/3 of the weight of old blunder busts, and have semi auto feed, does that make them anything other than a shotgun?

I will go along with you no that .
Let not forget the first amendment’s roll in this story .
Instead of the second amendment getting hit I thing it’s past time we our society take a hard look at the hate and violence glorified by the lib’s hiding behind the first amendment and going to the bank with bushel baskets full of cash !

That’s the problem. We didn’t have school shootings until seeing a shrink became commonplace. All these kids with problems are usually doped up on some kind of mixture of mind altering drugs given to them by doctors.

At least be honest, it has zero value to you.

What has zero value to me?

My mistake it appears to be a dani quote.

The FBI Was Warned About A School Shooting Threat From A YouTube User Named Nikolas Cruz In September

What did they do???