Florida Parkland Shooting: Liberal Gun Control Ideas are Worthless

And that matters why ?

If the government could not get the guns away from one troubled teenager, they are not going to round up guns from 100 million legal gun owners. Which still leaves the illegal guns out there.

So much for your no practical purpose. Seems hunting is a practical purpose.

Hunting with the AR-15
Part 1: from ground squirrels to deer

Posted June 12, 2013 in Hunting, Shooting by Pat Cascio with 30 Comments
Hunting with the AR-15

While the AR-15 platform is an outstanding choice for self-defense, most people don’t give it a second thought as a hunting gun. That’s too bad, because the AR, in its many guises, can be had in a variety of configurations that are fantastic for hunting different types of game, from small varmints all the way up to some very large and dangerous game. In this article, we’ll take a look at the considerations involved in hunting everything from ground squirrels to bears with the AR-15. The main thing that determines what kind of game you can take with an AR is the size of the round that it’s chambered for. The standard AR-15 is chambered in for .223 Remington or 5.56mm, but many AR makers offer are quite a few different caliber variations, including, but not limited to: 7.62X39, 6.5 Creedmore, 6.8 SPC, .243 .300 Whisper, .50 Beowulf, .458 SOCOM and more. You can even find AR-15s chambered in common handgun calibers such at 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP to name a few. So, there are many options when it comes to caliber for a wide variety of hunting purposes. Furthermore, many ARs allow you change calibers by switching out the upper receiver and bolt carrier group. This flexibiblity makes the AR one of the most versatile rifles there is for hunting all manner of critters. Smaller rounds take smaller game, and larger rounds take larger game — it sounds simple enough, but there are some complexities to this picture that must be taken into account when outfitting your AR to go after specific game types. In this first installment, we’ll look at smaller calibers that work with smaller game; in Part 2, we’ll talk about hunting the big boys with an AR.
Barrel twist and bullet selection

Let’s take a look a the .223 Remington/5.56mm, as most ARs are chambered in these calibers. The first thing to know about these two calibers is that they are not the same! I couldn’t tell you the number of gun shop clerks I’ve heard say that they are the same caliber. You can shoot .223 in an AR chambered in 5.56mm, however, you should not shoot a 5.56mm round in a .223 — you are only looking for trouble, as the 5.56mm is more powerful and can create very dangerous chamber pressures. Many hunters who hunt varmits use some type of bolt-action .223 rifle – and that’s fine. However, I know a lot of folks who use an AR to hunt this type of game – and I’m one of ’em. Many AR-15s come with a 1/9″ barrel twist, and that’s great for most ammo up to 69-grain bullets. For heavier bullets, up to 77-grains, you’ll want a 1/7″ barrel twist. I’ve also found the 1/8″ barrel twist to be a good compromise for different bullets weights, too. So, you have to take into consideration what kind of game you are planning to hunt, and then what type of ammo you’re going to use – if you have a too heavy of a bullet, and your AR only has a 1/9″ barrel twist, the round won’t stabilize and you won’t have very good accuracy, and the same is true of a too light bullet weight. I don’t know of any ammo maker who is producing more different types of .223/5.56mm ammo than Black Hills Ammunition and I have been using their ammo for more than 22 years, and I’ve never once had a bad round in any caliber. BHA hand inspects each and every round of ammo that leaves their plant – no other big-name ammo company does this! Here is the latest list of .223/5.56mm ammo that BHA offers to the hunter:
Follow the All Outdoor ARs Channel

36-gr Varmint Grenade
40-gr Hornady V-MAX
50-gr. Hornady V-MAX
52-gr Match Hollow Point
55-gr Full Metal jacket
55-gr Soft Point
55-gr Barnes MPG
55-gr Barnes TSX
62-gr Barnes TXS
60-gr Soft Point
60-gr Hornady Varmint
68-gr Heavy Match Hollow Point
69-gr Sierra Matchking
75-gr Heavy Match Hollow Point
77-gr Sierra Matchking

Black Hills also produces a special 5.56mm round for the US military Special Forces guys. I believe I’ve used every type of .223/5.56mm round that Black Hills makes. The smaller rounds on this list are lighter, so they’re for smaller game. And, as mentioned above, the smaller rounds are also best when when paired with a 1/9″ barrel twist. The higher-grain bullets are for bigger critters, and you’ll want a 1/7″ barrel twist for anything over 69 grains.

Here are most of the fact around the incidents

Many of the comments in this video are on point as Molyneux often is. Two points struck me as being very relevant to our discussions here:

One is a comment that he made and one that you often here from people who seem to be disconnected with themselves. He said and I paraphrase: " Why is everybody always picking on me… bullying me". Said of course as if he had no responsibility for how people saw him and perceived his comments over time. One person on this form seems to have that problem.

The other is this grand push for gun control. The desire of some to remove the rights of people in this country because of the bad actions of a few. The point Molyneux made was that we have already surrendered our right to privacy to the government. They seem to have the right to scan, store, and process every text message we send, every video that we post… and as revelations would have it, backdoors in to the devices we use every day right up to watching and listening to you while you watch and listen to your TV. All of these rights lost in the name of ‘keeping us safe’. The intelligence community says that it must have these abilities to keep use safe and in fact they brag about just how many ‘terrorist’ events they have stopped, yet it would seem that in at least three high profile incidents, they had prior knowledge and yet took no credible steps to prevent… perhaps it is far more effective to the disarming of Americans that these things ‘slip through the cracks’.

A sobering interview from a student that goes there, and had some contact with the shooter

I don’t believe that children should be sent off to die in war.

Of course they could…Though I don’t believe it’s been suggested.

That’s not what I said is it now. You truncated my statement. Of course you could kill a dear with any number of semi auto rifles, but they haven’t the practicality of the trusted 30-06 which remains the popular choice for serious game hunters.

You’r muddying the water with facts the lib will just keep repeating their talking points . Don’t waist your time they arn’t interested in the truth !
Democrats aren’t interested in school safety these shooting play to their shrinking base ! That is the sad truth !

Of course they have… the UK and Australia are mentioned adnausium as models and while the still maintain provision for hunting their is little leeway for self defense…

What age do you think a person should be in order to serve their nation !

Wow, you do know everything in the world.

The 30-6 is a cartridge round not a rifle.

30 is the caliber, 06 is the year it was developed for the military.

It’s still in use today as it is a low recoil round which beginner hunters like.

Old enough to buy a beer if their old enough to take a bullet in some undeclared gratuitous war.

The children are going to frame the debate going forward sense the adults seem paralyzed, and quite naturally sense they no longer feel safe at school. March 24th is the beginning date. The high velocity SA rifles with high capacity magazines are designed for war and civilians do not need them. The trusty 30-06 rifles, regardless of manufacturer, is the all time popular hunting rifle, and sufficient. More republicans are climbing on board, John Kasich gave an impassioned interview this morning in support of banning the AR-15.

While the 30.06 is a round that is capable of kill a dear and can in a pinch kill black or brown bear .
The 264 , 270 , 6.5 Grendel. , 6.8 Remington SPC. , 5.7x28mm. ,.300 AAC Blackout , 7.62x39mm , and are a good choice along with the 30.06 for long range shooting / hunting .
But inside 150 yards in heavy brush the 30.30 . 35 Remington 444 Marlin .458 SOCOM , . 45 Long Colt , 357 mag , 44, mag. 454 Casull , 450 marlin , 460 S&W Magnum , 475 linebaugh , 50 Action Express , 50 Beowulf all will kill a deer and are capable of taking larger game with good shot placement !

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. Properly missing is small caliber high velocity high capacity mag SA rifles.

No not true !
You will see I included several AR calibers in my last post .
All of these calibers are useful for hunting . From squirrel to brown bear ! Some I have never heard of but here they are .
.17 HMR
.17 Winchester Super Magnum
.22 Long Rifle
.22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire
.17 Mach 2

Centerfire calibers inch measurement

.17 Mach IV
.17 Remington Fireball
.17 Remington
.17×223
.17 Tactical
.19 Calhoon
.19X223 Calhoon
.20 Tactical
.20 Practical
.204 Ruger
.20 PPC
.20×6.8 (BHW)
.20 LBC (BHW)
.219 WASP-C
.222 Remington
.223 Remington - .223 cartridges may function in a 5.56×45mm rifle, however 5.56×45mm cartridges can produce excessive pressure in a .223 rifle.
.223 Remington Ackley Improved
.223 BoZ
.22 PPC
.22 LBC (BHW)
.22×6.8 (BHW)
.243 LBC (BHW)
.223 Winchester Super Short Magnum
.243 Winchester Super Short Magnum
.25 Winchester Super Short Magnum
.25-45 Sharps
.25×6.8 (BHW)
.257 Bobcat
.264 LBC (BHW)
.270 AR
.277 Wolverine (6.8×39mm)
.30 Carbine
.30 Herrett (.308-6.8)
American 30 (BHW)
.30 Remington AR
300 OSSM[1]
300 AAC Blackout (7.62×35mm)
.300 Whisper
.300 Sabre
.30 Coyote (30X40)
30×6.8 (BHW)
32ACP
.338×39
.35/40
.35×44 (BHW)
338 spectre
.357 SIG
357 Automag
375 Automag
.375 Reaper
375 SOCOM
.40 S&W
44 Remington Magnum
44 Automag
440 Corbon Mag
.45 ACP
.450 Bushmaster
.458 SOCOM
475 Tremor
.499 LW
.50 Beowulf
.50 Action Expresshttps://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_AR_platform_calibers.html

Yeah, a nice little Marlin lever action 22 will do just fine on a squirrel. A small caliber high velocity high capacity magazine SA, isn’t needed. And level headed Americans are going to accept the reality of that.

Again you choose to ignore the facts that the AR platform is the best selling firearm in America today !
That Marlin lever action 22 is patterned after a model 1881 rifle and is a fine little rifle but a modern rifle will be more reliable and easily converted from one caliber to another with the need of a gunsmith .
You would not want to go back to living in the 1880s . A good horse the most reliable means of transportation steam engines pony express for mail delivery most firearms using black power !
This is the 21 century you can’t expect us not progress with time !