Forum Conduct

The purpose of this community has always been, and continues to be, to provide a space for the free exchange of ideas - no matter how controversial or politically incorrect (a low bar these days).

Many members of this community have arrived here because their speech has been silenced on other platforms. We don’t ban anyone for their ideas or political perspectives. We don’t moderate people into silence. We don’t shadowban. We let ideas and opinions stand on their own. If you are courageous enough to post your perspective, then you should be prepared to face objective criticism and debate. You should be prepared to defend your IDEAS. That is why this community exists.

To avoid indirect censorship, we have eliminated all advertisements on Freebird. We don’t worry about complaints from advertisers because we don’t have any, which is a rare find on the internet nowadays. Instead, we accept voluntary donations and self-fund all expenses incurred from operating this site. We don’t make any money by doing this. In fact, we don’t break even. As a veteran, I personally believe that funding Freebird with my own money and time is a way to contribute to the greater good of society. We need a space for open and honest debate that is immune from censorship to the maximum extent possible.

This does not mean anything goes.

Lately, the conduct of a small contingent of members within this community has moved into unacceptable territory. That ends now.

We believe in free speech. But if we allow unlimited free speech, such as personal attacks, flaming, and spam, it ends up destroying normal conversation, which effectively removes the ability of others to exercise their own free speech and defeats the purpose of this community.

I want to be crystal clear: we reserve the right to delete anything that is counter to our goal of providing a space for the free exchange of ideas.

That means we reserve the right to delete posts that contain personal attacks, spam, flaming, doxing, threats of violence (that can be construed as such in a court of law), or anything else that has the effect of chilling free speech and open debate.

As of today, I am clearing all flags and we are starting over. This is a red line and it will be enforced.

To those who have created the conditions referenced above, you have now forced my hand. Congratulations.

The law of physical removal from private property is now in effect.

I'm sorry, everyone

Sometimes you just need to purge. Thanks @Patriot.

Good! I’ve been hoping this was going to happen for a while now. I’ll get back to posting regularly when I see the troublemakers gone.

We need you back @Ashley you kept everyone in check!

Great post. I think many conservatives have been shut down for their ideas on the big social platforms and we need to be focused on welcoming them. Others have been banned from social platforms and forums because they were bad actors. They should not be welcome here.

I thought that this forum’s claim to fame was that you could let it rip without fear of being banned. Some people here are outright POS’s and its nice to be able to call them out as such

I love all speech, sorry you have to deal
With all the crying going on… hopefully we can all
Embrace different opinions, different ways of writing and humor. Love a good argument… let’s all stop attacking people for being different.

Obviously @patriot… your message flies over the heads of some people… Who think that calling someone a fuck head or calling them cowards and calling them out think that is Free Speech. I would say that if you have to use those tactics to win an argument, you are little better some of the ANTIFA asshats that roam the streets. Thank you for taking a stand and bringing this forum back to the level of Free Speech CIVILITY that it can be proud of…

Hmm…this has been up since 2016:

https://freebird.is/faq

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

Your Participation Counts

The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.

Politiforum provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.

Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.

If You See a Problem, Flag It

Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.

When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.

Always Be Civil

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.

These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.

This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

Well, that sucks. I was invited here under false pretenses apparently.

Ok - well no one is forcing you to stay if you can’t criticize ideas without interjecting a personal attack. We don’t appreciate the tactics of the far left.

Oh now you don’t like free speech either, oh dear :rofl::rofl:

@TrumpTrain the mods here are very fair it’s just they get swormed with flags and emails from people that cry about speech. It’s sad but the world we live in… we can all do a little better and making it easier for them… just don’t flame the sensitive ones.

Look who’s talking. I made a simple statement, and your response is to go after me. Physician heal thyself.

LOL it’s almost as if someone suggested the country is divided because of people being attacked for their ideas, and subsequently got attacked for said idea.

:rofl::ok_hand:

I like that truncation of the comment. No one attacked you… she made a statement and it is up to you to decide if the shoe fits…

Opps… looks like I got my comment in to late… 1000 years Ouch… That’s a serious chunk of free speech time. Now if you are a man you will look at yourself and realize that you brought this on yourself instead of doing what other self aggrandizing narcissists do and go out and bad mouth the forum for their own bad conduct.

I just don’t understand how someone who insults me and uses the word NIGGER doesn’t get flagged down, but when I defend myself against that post, everyone gets butt hurt over a stupid meme and it gets removed.
And that post is still up…:neutral_face:

That is being addressed. I suggest you edit your post. No one flagged it and I already commented on it.