German Army Forced to Arm Themselves with Broomsticks

(((They))) keep making a big deal about Trump upsetting our relationship with NATO. If this is what the other NATO members are bringing to the table why are we even funding this useless orginaztion?

GERMANY’S military is so underfunded its troops used BROOMSTICKS painted black as mock weapons during a Nato defence exercise.

In 2015 it also emerged the German military was using ordinary civilian Mercedes vans as stand-ins for armoured personnel carriers.

And The Times today reports all six of the country’s submarines were recently put out of service at the same time due to various repairs.

The paper added that there have been times recently when the country has not a single A400M transport plane available for use.

And in May the Luftwaffe had only four Eurofighter jets available from a total of 128 because of missile and coolant shortages.

Merkel has no money for her NATO commitments but never seems to have a problem funding rapefugee programs.

This is why Trump should end NATO. The Europeans should be paying for their own defense. They have gotten so comfortable with the US keeping them safe that they think they are actually capable of pushing back on us. Europe is a joke. We should leave them swinging in the wind.

Lol, Trump can’t end NATO, he can walk away from it like he’s done everything else.

Do you like paying 70 cents of every dollar that NATO spends? I don’t. Not to provide for a bunch of Europeans who give us nothing in return.

They’ve had our back in everyone of our gratuitous wars, coalition after coalition. NATO has put 40,000 troops in Afghanistan. Germany should have told the US to do their fools errands throughout the ME alone, and spent the money on their own defense.

Btw, I’ve long been an advocate of bringing home our troops from Germany.

How are you just glossing over the time immediately after WWII and the entire Cold War? We carried Europe and defended them against the USSR and crushed the spread of Communism.

These Eurocucks can’t even contribute now?

I’m not glossing over anything. To begin with, following WW2 we forbid Germany from ever having a strong military. A bare bones defense was it and we insisted on maintaining tens of thousands of troops there, all these years. I was one of them during the Carter years.

Germany is barely a shell of a country. Germany needs a leader that will retool the military to be the best in Europe.
The Hausfrau isn’t cut out for the job and the AFD is. She is the WIMPIEST leader in modern Germany’s history. As a pers6of German ancestry, I’m embarrassed by what Germany has become. :-1:t6:

Here, give this a read, and learn about Germany’s 1949 constitution and ‘Basic Law’ governing their military.

If you dopes are so concerned about everything Russian why isn’t the fair nitwit Stevie John Monte talking about Germany help the Russian economy with the purchase of all that gas ??? Not such a big Russia , Russia , Russia basher now !!! Why isn’t Germany paying their fair share ? Wasn’t the point of NATO to protect Germany from Russia ? When did you become a Russian fan ??? Stevieblunder you talk out of both sides of your smelly a$$ ! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

They spend what they want to spend on their own defense. If they are militarily prepared to meet an emergency, fine, if not, why isn’t that their problem. It’s not as though the US has picked up the tab to bring Germany up to “proper” readiness as Trump is trying to convey.

We sacrificed thousands of lives fighting WW2 in Europe. We rebuilt Germany after WW2. If not for U.S. Soldiers the old Soviet Union would had rolled into Europe. If not for the U.S. the Berlin Wall would still be standing.

The first rounds of sanctions on Iraq, Germany continued to purchase their oil on the cheap. Rumors had it Germany was purchasing oil from Iran during those sanctions.

For all that we have sacrificed for Germany they repay us with threats of a trade war. They refuse to pay their agreed upon share for NATO. America has paid out Billions of Dollars over the years protecting Europe.

When the chips are down Germany is not really our friend. But it won’t matter for in a few years Germany will be mostly Muslims. Then the real problems start.

They didn’t start that, shrug…

And if it compromises their military readiness that’s their problem. The US hasn’t been kicking in the difference as the president is falsely implying.

The United States has violated sanctions also. I’ll remind you of when Reagan sold sanctioned arms to Iran and more recently Exxon has violated Russian sanctions and a Florida gun manufacturer is currently under investigation for the same. When pointing the finger there’s always a couple pointing back.

…and let’s not forget the Berlin Airlift…plane after plane after plane…full of supplies and food for West Berlin.

Protecting US interests which provides us 29 forward operating bases in the event that Russia starts something large scale we can (hopefully) stop them there before they make it here.

LOL you are full of it today

Well that’s a powerful rebuttal…