Intuit, the parent of TurboTax and Quicken software shuts down payments on all gun purchases

Several gun-related businesses were suddenly — and without warning — disrupted in recent weeks when Intuit stopped processing credit card payments because sales were gun-related, The Post has learned.

Some of the payments stopped didn’t even involve firearms, but simply T-shirts and coffee mugs and gun safety classes, according to small business owners.

As a result, the businesses had to scramble to track down customers to get them pay their bills after Intuit credited back to customers’ accounts the purchases — even if the T-shirt was already shipped or the class already taken, one businessman told The Post.

At Gunsite Academy, a Paulden, Ariz., company that provides marksmanship training in addition to selling guns that ship to a licensed gun shop near the customer’s home, Ken Campbell was dinged by Intuit’s action.

Campbell, a former Indiana sheriff, had just switched credit card processors this spring — to Intuit, the parent of TurboTax and Quicken software — when the trouble began, he said.

Intuit told Campbell it mistakenly believed firearm sales were being made directly to the customers.

Campbell explained the guns were shipped to a local dealer with a federal firearms license who ran the required background checks. Intuit was unmoved.

Campbell said if he knew of Intuit’s stance, he would have simply moved back to his previous processor. “It’s fine, it’s capitalism, and if you don’t want to do business with us, we don’t want to do business with you,” he said.

These companies are so stupid but they are making it easy for companies that want the business to step in and take it.

These are some large banks and could damage manufactures . I’ve used a credit card to buy stuff on line and pay for it when the bill comes . If that is no longer a option it back to mailing checks whiting for them to clear then the idem ship’s .
Citigroup Becomes First Major Bank to Restrict Some Gun Sales
Bank of America has declined to continue doing business with industries involved in gun sales
One of the nation’s largest privately held banks, announced that it would not renew a Visa credit card co-branded with the NRA.

How Banks Could Control Gun Sales if Washington Won’t
What if the finance industry — credit card companies like Visa, Mastercard and American Express; credit card processors like First Data; and banks like JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo — were to effectively set new rules for the sales of guns in America?

Collectively, they have more leverage over the gun industry than any lawmaker. And it wouldn’t be hard for them to take a stand.
PayPal, Square, Stripe and Apple Pay announced years ago that they would not allow their services to be used for the sale of firearms.
For example, Visa, which published a 71-page paper in 2016 espousing its “corporate responsibility,” could easily change its terms of service to say that it won’t do business with retailers that sell assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump stocks, which make semiautomatic rifles fire faster.
If Mastercard were to do the same, assault weapons would be eliminated from virtually every firearms store in America because otherwise the sellers would be cut off from the credit card system.

I don’t charge guns or ammo to a card. I pay cash. If I can’t afford it, I don’t buy it.

I am presently saving cash for a 9mm Kimber.

I already have a .380cal Glock, a .40cal Glock, a .40cal S&W M&P40, and a .45cal/410ga Taurus revolver.

Every time a a credit card is swiped, they get money. Why do lefty companies turn away money?

World domination thru globalization by an oligarchy ! A free armed population has the means to resist tyranny !
A world in subjugation to the wealthy ! Two classes rich and exploit enslaved workers !

With about 15 million guns sold each year and close to 5 billion US dollars spent only a FOOL would try to get out of the business of guns . Last check we still have a 2nd Amendment !! :roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: