LEAKED VIDEO: Google Leadership's Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election

Too long to do a complete embed. The full video is in the article and there is some real damning evidence in it.

Key moments from the video can be found at the following timestamps:

(00:00:00 – 00:01:12) Google co-founder Sergey Brin states that the weekly meeting is “probably not the most joyous we’ve had” and that “most people here are pretty upset and pretty sad.”

(00:00:24) Brin contrasts the disappointment of Trump’s election with his excitement at the legalization of cannabis in California, triggering laughs and applause from the audience of Google employees.

(00:01:12) Returning to seriousness, Brin says he is “deeply offen[ded]” by the election of Trump, and that the election “conflicts with many of [Google’s] values.”

(00:09:10) Trying to explain the motivations of Trump supporters, Senior VP for Global Affairs, Kent Walker concludes: “fear, not just in the United States, but around the world is fueling concerns, xenophobia, hatred, and a desire for answers that may or may not be there.”

(00:09:35) Walker goes on to describe the Trump phenomenon as a sign of “tribalism that’s self-destructive [in] the long-term.”

(00:09:55) Striking an optimistic tone, Walker assures Google employees that despite the election, “history is on our side” and that the “moral arc of history bends towards progress.”

(00:10:45) Walker approvingly quotes former Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi’s comparison between “the world of the wall” with its “isolation and defensiveness” and the “world of the square, the piazza, the marketplace, where people come together into a community and enrich each other’s lives.”

(00:13:10) CFO Ruth Porat appears to break down in tears when discussing the election result.

(00:15:20) Porat promises that Google will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values

No matter how much money they have, no matter how powerful they think they are, no matter how much they think they control…they aren’t immune from the astronomical levels of butthurt delivered to them like a freight train up the ass through the election of President Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States of America.

Kids are using google to research trump and race relations and they get nothing but fake news…

Hopefully this will lead to military trials and executions.

What’s wrong with the CEO of a private business being disappointed in an election result?

So he holds a seminar on his disappointment lol the has left leaning search’s for trump and race relations?

Poor liberals next 20 years will suck

A good CEO would be politically dispassionate in support of his shareholders and business partners who may feel differently. CEOs are in place to run the business not political campaigns.

Most likely they don’t feel differently. :wink:

What ceo holds a seminar because they lost the election … you left wing CEO are deranged lol

I’m a shareholder and I was not pleased with the sulking and lack of professionalism contained within the tape.

But as long as you’re making money, I’m sure you’ll remain a shareholder.

It always comes down to the dollar doesn’t it. You make a fair point, but I didn’t see this video until after the close of the market. It’s probably smarter to shift out of Google and into Amazon anyway. Google’s FTC hearing begins tomorrow and I expect there will be a good dip. It’s been down this week and was down last week too.

Well do what’s in your economic interest. I drink Yingling beer, they’re big Trumpers there. I don’t care.

Sam Adams to! I switched over to Sam!

I seriously doubt my 30 shares is enough to move the needle anyway. :upside_down_face:

Lol, well good luck either way. :blush:

Its time to bring the full prosecutorial weight of the Federal Government down on these b@stards. Seize their infrastructure. Arrest & jail the executives. Strip them of every cent - they are domestic enemies of the Constitution. Just as we busted up the monopolies in the early 20th Century, these Google people need to broken completely down & bankrupted.

Can we get the FEC to look into this and calculate how many millions in undisclosed campaign contributions this kind of assistance to Hillary’s campaign would be worth?

Nothing if he is doing it on his own time. Problem here is that he has gathered all of his employees together to listen to him and every other top level boss of the company ask the employees of that company, with all the anger of loosing that election, The Google co-founder then asks his company to consider what [it] can do to ensure a “better quality of governance and decision-making.”

We are moving dangerously close to understanding the hundreds of millions of dollars of unregistered in kind contributions made by tech companies to get Hillary Clinton elected.

This meeting was a call to arms by all of the employees… they were not sadly expressed individual feelings… they were meant to create a family of mourners making them more likely to believe in and carry out company policy which has nothing to do with being a search engine.

CFO Ruth Porat appears to break down in tears when discussing the election result. Porat promises that [Google] will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values.” Stating “we all need a hug,” she then instructs the audience of Google employees to hug the person closest to them.

These aren’t personal expressions, the meeting was a evangelical in its purpose and designed to pull or force employees to agree with their mission and values.

If you believe this was just a few people telling of the disappointment, you have truly drank the koolaid. The is the same company that when you entered ‘famous American inventors’ just after the election, the only two white guys were Ben Franklin and Tom Edison… all the rest were black. I guess their were no Asian or hispanic contributors.

Their response to the video… Seems that all the caterwauling about leadership comes from the top only applies to Trump… they are just expressing their own views… Right.

“At a regularly scheduled all hands meeting, some Google employees and executives expressed their own personal views in the aftermath of a long and divisive election season. For over 20 years, everyone at Google has been able to freely express their opinions at these meetings. Nothing was said at that meeting, or any other meeting, to suggest that any political bias ever influences the way we build or operate our products. To the contrary, our products are built for everyone, and we design them with extraordinary care to be a trustworthy source of information for everyone, without regard to political viewpoint.”

It is nice that they added that “For over 20 years, everyone at Google has been able to freely express their opinions at these meetings.” I guess if James Damore had read his memo at the meeting would he still have been fired for, as Sundar Pichai said "by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace.” … I wonder if an ‘all hands meeting’ would still be considered part of the work place.

The is the same company that when you entered ‘famous American inventors’ just after the election, the only two white guys were Ben Franklin and Tom Edison… all the rest were black. I guess their were no Asian or hispanic contributors.

One thing that is interesting and it is used quite often is the term… ‘Our Values as Americans’. I have yet to see these values laid out so they can be discussed… of course to do that would leave the left open to the effectiveness of their policies in living out these values… that is a discussion they just do not want to have.

For those calling for these companies to be nationalized, let me remind you that we just got done having a fight over net neutrality and this discussion plays right into the hands of Obama’s desire to control precisely what occurs on the internet… better to publicly shame them and fine the hell out of them for providing millions in campaign contributions that were undisclosed… This is the real diversion over ‘Russian interference’… fact is, we are having people interfere massively in our elections and many of them started life in the US as a H-1B visa holder…