Manafort plea deal close

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-trump-aide-manafort-close-to-plea-deal-with-mueller-source/ar-BBNiu6H?li=BBnb7Kz

Jury selection scheduled for Monday. Onky question is will the plea involve cooperation.

Somebody doesn’t want to wager the rest of his life behind bars or on a pardon from someone who is going to be impeached and won’t be able to save himself. Color me shocked.

I actually think he’s running out of money. After making the strange decision to have two trials instead of one, he’s now running out of Dow and just needs this to end. He might not give much cooperation but we’ll see.

pardon me lol…

and there it is

“A superseding criminal information against Paul J. Manafort, Jr., 69, of Alexandria, Va., was filed Friday in the District of Columbia, which alleges a conspiracy against the United States (money laundering, tax fraud, failing to file Foreign Bank Account Reports, violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act, and lying and misrepresenting to the Department of Justice) and a conspiracy to obstruct justice (witness tampering).”

We should find out today whether cooperation is a part of the plea deal (my guess is no)

Is Mueller’s plan to line everyone in the campaign up and shoot them one at a time (over non-campaign activity) until someone talks? And if there actually wasn’t any collusion (as is most likely), then all he accomplished was killing Trump supporters. If an independent investigator went through Hillary’s campaign the same way, I bet he could find at least as much dirt among her supporters but it wouldn’t prove that she colluded with the Russians or Ukrainians or the Chinese or anybody else. This investigation is getting ridiculous. Either end it or expand it to cover Hillary (and the use of the Trump dossier, Ukrainian involvement, DOJ impropriety, media collusion etc.).

No, he’s following the CLM that the Republican controlled FBI provided him with, and federal judges, including one appointed by Trump have affirmed the constitutionality of Mueller’s appointment and probe.

Do you have any information to suggest Mueller hasn’t looked into this and concluded there’s nothing there?

From the very beginning:

Mueller has been assigned to probe Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 election, which the FBI had been pursuing, with Justice Department approval. Mueller’s authority specifically includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.” Rosenstein’s directive also says Mueller can pursue “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” including crimes like perjury or obstruction of justice.

I know what he’s following and my comment has nothing to do with it’s constitutionality. Mueller hasn’t found a single shred of evidence to prove Russian collusion (because the allegation is stupid). As I said, either end this or expand it into a broader witch hunt that includes Hillary’s campaign.

In the absence of some information that says he has, then I’ll assume that he hasn’t (rather than the other way around).

You know what happens when you assume. :grin:

Can’t stop the red storm in November

Then I’ll make it simpler and ask “do you have any information that Mueller HAS looked into this and concluded that there’s nothing there?”

No, but I’m not the one making the claim one way or the other. In the absence of evidence, I don’t take a position. That’s the foundation of the null hypothesis.

Mueller can’t stop trump. 28 million to put a guy in jail for 2 weeks… Rosenstein has some explaining to do … and fast

HAHA As part of his plea agreement, Manafort is forfeiting property and assets valued at $46M!

The Mueller investigation is MAKING money!

Manafort will make 200 mill in 2 hours if you let him out haha

Actually, you don’t know that. You only know that he hasn’t disclosed any. Also, you accussed him of firing squad tactics when in fact he’s following his constitutional mandate. :wink:

At a cost per month, Manafort just funded the Mueller investigation for potentially another 70 months before it costs tax payers a nickle.