#MeToo is like a Soviet Purge

Dana Goodyear’s article in The New Yorker, titled “Can Hollywood Change Its Ways?” highlighted some of the examples of the totalitarianism at the heart of #MeToo. In the piece, she describes accused individuals being disappeared from public memory.

“Photographs of the accused have come down from walls, names are being scrubbed from donated buildings, performances have been reshot with replacement actors, online libraries pulled, movies shelved.”

She then quotes a sexual harassment investigator who tells her “An association with the accused is totally toxic now, with this wave upon wave upon wave, and Soviet Union-style erasure.”

An example of this Soviet-style erasure is Garrison Keillor. Keillor, the longtime host of Minnesota Public Radio’s A Prairie Home Companion, had a co-worker claim that his hand momentarily lingered too long on her bare back during a hug. As a result, MPR not only cut all ties with Keillor and his production company, but the words “Prairie Home Companion” have been excised from MPR and they have vowed never to re-broadcast any of his old episodes. In the tradition of totalitarianism, MPR has succeeded in creating a world where not only does Garrison Keillor not exist, but he NEVER existed.

All of our history is being subjected to one big Soviet purge.

Someone mentioned to me that all of the CEOs and executives that are getting tossed out are being replaced with women. I haven’t verified that.

The thing about all of this #MeToo crap is that it was intended to be used on conservatives, mainly POTUS. It completely backfired and now all of these high profile liberal men are being taken down.

Reminds me of Winston, in 1984, deleting all traces and history of those disgraced and or executed.

“…And a few cubicles away a mild, ineffectual, dreamy creature named Ampleforth, with very hairy ears and a surprising talent for juggling with rhymes and metres, was engaged in producing garbled versions – definitive texts, they were called – of poems which had become ideologically offensive, but which for one reason or another were to be retained in the anthologies.”

Which makes me think of the dangers of political censorship, and so- William Carlos Williams’ “It is difficult to get the news from poetry, yet men die miserably every day for lack of what is found there.”

Of course the drivers of the feminist movement are in very large part white women. They haven’t figured out yet that they too will be a victim of there own movement…