Motivational Quotes

Dedicated to my friend Alex C who started a thread in another galaxy far, far away – not nearly as nice a place as this. Post as you please, but please stick with motivational quotes some of us may find useful. My first post is one Alex posted bout a year ago that is one of the most profound verses I have ever seen. I keep it on my desk. I have a impatient, impulsive personality – wish this had been on my desk decades ago.

Thanks Jim for getting the ball rollin.
“The more you know the less you understand.” -Laozi

good-habits-good-quotes

Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom… The subjection of individuals will increase amongst democratic nations, not only in the same proportion as their equality, but in the same proportion as their ignorance.

Alexis de Tocqueville

In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own.

Alexis de Tocqueville

de Tocqueville was brilliant and had a extremely rare insight into human nature.

Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit – appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free.

Joseph Warren

I have read his works and continue to reread his works for his insight into America which applies today.

quote-i-ve-never-met-a-successful-pessimist-william-o-neil-133-55-19

a01ceefac8fa8b1bb200ecb933f757fc

This one is a bit wrong. A key tenet of conservatism is, “No matter how bad things are, they can get worse”

At least it is in my brand of conservatism. One of the problems of progressivism is whimsical monkeying around as if you can re-invent civilization.

The pholosophy of pessimism is a belief that this world is as bad as it could be or that evil will ultimately prevail over good. Synonyms: defeatism, negativity, doom and gloom, gloominess, miserablism, cynicism, fatalism.

As conservatives we also see the down side possibilities but we are not defeatist.
We are realists. We improvise, adapt and overcome.

f18720536a21dd2ca1513f930bf6a298

That day appears to be now.