Nunes: I'm Going After Obama's State Department

The more you see of Devin 'Dennis' Nunes, the more you just have to like the guy. If you contrast the way Nunes handles himself in interviews, in print and in his job, he is the empitome of calm. Coming from a family of farmers which goes back three generations in California, Nunes has handled the sticks and stones lobbed by deep state ne'erdowell's with the ease his father handled a tractor. Contrast this coolness with the frenetic, goggle-eyed vein-bulging performances of Nancy 'Tide Pod Challenge' Pelosi and 'Little' Adam Schiff as they rant and rave across MSNBC and CNN.

Despite the obvious volte-face of saying the FISA Memo must be redacted and then after release that the Memo was a waste of time (despite rushing to compile a counter-memo) the Democrats can't seem to phase Nunes. In actual fact, Nunes merely nods to the fact that the mainstream media are doing all they can to avoid reporting on the damning FISA Memo and moves on to his next target- The Obama administration's State Department.

On last night's Ingraham Angle, Ingraham quizzed Nunes about where his investigation was headed next.

Ingraham: "What about bringing back Comey, McCabe perhaps members of the state department and their involvement in this FISA application. Knowing what they knew about Christopher Steele even in the subsequent applications- he was unreliable, he even basically admitted as such, that he was getting sub-sourced information... including from Clinton associates. Are you going to bring people back?"

Nunes: "So, phase one of the investigation was FISA abuse. We [have] closed that out in terms of what people needed to know. We're moving onto the State Department and irregularities there. The next phase will be looking at the cast of characters and then conducting those interviews. I can tell you the [Obama] State Department was gathering information and passing it to very strange places- that should not have happened.

I will just say that there were comments over the weekend from people within the State Department that said John Kerry had been briefed on the new dossier -whatever this new dossier is- and they had provided it also to the FBI."

Nunes is referring here to the reinvigorated memo from Cody Shearer, the Clinton flunky and occasional buddy to genocidal warlords. No wonder he dismissed the matter with a wave. Nunes knows that his hand is too strong for the subjects of his inquiry to wriggle free. Shearer's memo -which has been with the press since October last year- is just more mud-slinging to hide the trail of his quarry.

After Ingraham plays the prank call in which Adam Schiff tried to obtain naked pictures of President Trump from people pretending to be Russian diplomats, Nunes said;

"I think it's pretty clear now you have the Clinton campaign which was getting information from the Russians -dirt on Trump- and now you know the House Intelligence Committee Democrats were also attempting to get dirt from Russians on Trump. I remember way back some of the Democrats on the Committee said they had 'more than circumstantial evidence' that there was collusion between Trump and the Russians. Maybe that was it."

I don't believe for a second that Nunes is shirking his responsibilities and has somehow missed some huge revelation that will scupper his ship. That's the only thing that can trouble him at this point. He has consistently stuck to his course, ignoring distractions and hit pieces in the press, and done his job.

If only we could say the same about Pelosi and Schiff, who change their opinions like most people change their underwear. Adam Schiff squeals and complains about the danger presented by the FISA Memo until he turns purple, but he himself went on Russia Today to argue the opposite case when it suited his political ambitions.

In 2013 Schiff said he wanted to;

“Make the FISA court more transparent so the American people can understand what’s being done in their name, in the name of national security.”

Yet only this last week on ABC he told George Stephanopoulos

"I think at the heart of the [FBI] department’s concern–is if you have a neighbor who’s buying fertilizer, lots of fertilizer, but has no yard and you have concerns about it and you want to call the FBI, you’re now going to wonder ‘Is that FBI going to hold my name in confidence or this information in confidence, what if this becomes politicized?’"

Really, Little Schiffy? Yet another example of how bad the stench of the swamp really is. The most repugnant aspect of politics is how easily so many representatives change their views out of partisan interests. Instead of being able to say- I was wrong then, I have now seen information that changed my mind- which all of us should do, the interests of one's own ideology comes first. It stems from a deep-rooted dishonesty. The Bush-era Republicans began this whole FISA story with the clandestine aspects of the Patriot Act- a perceived need to maintain operational security in a new kind of war. If the Democrats had been honest when proclaiming themselves as champions of civil liberties then a weapon like this secret court of FISA would not have survived Obama's first year. Instead, the powers were repurposed and used with reckless abandon, hubristically believing that the powers-that-be were untouchable for all time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What could motivate Adam Schiff to change his opinion from the 100% correct one he gave to RT in 2013, to an obfuscatory and longwinded suggestion that making FISA more transparent will lead to another Oklahoma bombing?

I wonder.

READ MORE: Pelosi on damage control, Nunes 'a stooge'!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://republicstandard.com/nunes-going-after-obamas-state-department/

That’s a far cry from what we’re hearing from Schiff today. During the Obama Administration there was a lot of talk about being the most transparent government in US history. So of course all of the Democrats were parroting “transparency” like they meant it. We can take this to mean that transparency is only applicable when it is politically beneficial to the Democrats. Otherwise, transparency is not something that the American people should have.

This is all well and good but this time the American people need to see something result from all of this. If it just becomes an exercise for the Republicans to score political points over the Democrats without any serious consequences then all of this would have been for nothing.

You can bet they are drawing straws for the fall guy… and just like the democratic primary, some people were handed longer straws before the event. Someone will no doubt go to jail… but not the ones who should.

Have some faith. Things are only just getting started. I think we’re going to see a lot more information come out. This is only the beginning and guys like Nunes need to build their case in public before they can start locking people up. I think we’ll see it but it’s going to take time.

I don’t think it needs to take that much time. People broke the law and we know who those people are. If they do nothing then we just have more proof that there are two separate justice systems in the United States.

The problem is obstruction of congressional oversight. FBI and DOJ have missed deadline after deadline for turning over documents… It’s take the threat of contempt charges in some cases. If you follow judical watch with his use of FOIA requests, they stonewall and redact and ‘just forget’ to acknowledge the request and he has been at it solidly since the Clinton Server hit the news…

Nunes is heading to Chief Justice John Roberts for advice on how to proceed.

" I’m Going After Obama’s State Department "
And what a target rich environment we have there ! :wink:

After 20 plus years of the above the law Clinton’s that is painfully obvious .

Just hoping for Ginsburg to drop , I can see the flies landing on her face as she dozes off . How great would it be to have another Supreme Court Justice like Gorsuch !