One of the Most Dangerous Pieces of Anti-Gun Legislation I've Ever Seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6bzaXdKwaY - Over 10 states looking to institute risk protection orders which authorise the unwarranted seizure of firearms from “dangerous” individuals. People like ex-girlfriends, postmen, welfare agents, mental healthcare workers, family members and others can petition to have your guns remove from your possession without evidence for a minimum of one year and a maximum of a lifetime. This outrageous law is supported thoroughly by the NRA! A bill is being introduced to the federal government to disburse more funds to states which adopt this risk protection measure. Spread this to your family members, friends and acquaintances, whether liberal or conservative. This is one of the most dangerous laws I’ve seen in my lifetime.

1 Like

Legislators in our Congress have a way of writing laws that sound innocuous at first reading but are replete with vague language that can be interpreted to exaggerate the effects of the law once it is passed.

One such proposed bill concerning guns was meant to outlaw bump stocks, a device which does not alter the weapon itself but does enable its maximum rate of fire to be increased. Its wording was simply to outlaw any provision that might increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic weapon. This could be easily stretched to say that cleaning and oiling a weapon would be illegal.