Pew: Trump media three times more negative than for Obama, just 5 percent positive

What a surprise.

The media’s coverage of President Trump has been overwhelmingly negative, more than three times more critical than the initial coverage of former President Barack Obama and twice that of former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

The Pew Research Center said that the early coverage of Trump was 62 percent negative. By comparison, Obama’s coverage was just 20 percent negative.

122717-Trump-Pew-Coverage

“About six-in-ten stories on Trump’s early days in office had a negative assessment, about three times more than in early coverage for Obama and roughly twice that of Bush and Clinton. Coverage of Trump’s early time in office moved further away from a focus on the policy agenda and more toward character and leadership,” said Pew.

The report about the harsh media coverage was included in Pew’s year-ending report titled “17 Striking Findings From 2017.”

The media story reviewed the tone of coverage of Trump’s first 60 days in office and found that just 5 percent was “positive.”

By comparison, Obama’s coverage was 42 percent positive.

Most of us know by now blacks can do NO wrong with liberals and the media . 8 years with a black president and we are more divided today than ever . We still have Affirmative Action , quotas all based on the pigment of ones skin . :roll_eyes:

I call bullshit.

Several right wing commentators have written pieces recently that say, in essence:

“I have been a life long Republican.”

Over the years I’ve dismissed Democratic accusations that the GOP is home to racists and xenophobes as, at best, political noise and, at worst, slander.

But recently the GOP base that has rallied around Trump has exposed a dark underbelly I have never before seen, and accordingly I am distancing myself from the GOP."

All these guys that are now distancing themselves have known for decades what the GOP actually is.

For decades the GOP has been a gathering place for two groups of people. The first group is poorly educated aging white racists and xenophobes. This group unknowingly carries water for the second group: cynical “establishment” guys who only want tax cuts and power. This second group drives the first group by “dog whistling” racism; bloviating that the second amendment is something akin to the eleventh commandment; and pretending that they are appalled that poor women can get abortions in clinics.

Today, realizing that a huge anti-GOP wave in 2018 is inevitable, these pundits know that the true-believing GOP voters who actually turn-out in 2018 will be the voters who embrace David Duke, or almost.

The GOP’s camouflage of respectability, already thin, will be fully stripped away in the next election.

The GOP brand is becoming truly toxic, and these “I’ve seen the light guys” have not seen the light in the sense of the Prodigal Son seeing the light.

The light they have seen is this: the GOP brand is being revealed for the ugliness it is and these guys no longer want to be associated with it.

The writers and pundits who are distancing themselves from the GOP are not men and women who, like Paul, have had scales “fall from their eyes,” they are rats fleeing a sinking ship.

I predict a wave of “former Republicans” publishing Op-Eds and the like in which they back away from the GOP brand.

Instead, let’s reflect and use this thread to catalogue these faux attritional acts of conscience.

What is a Political Party?

Thread is about the media, you derailed it to the GOPs. Cute.

The media’s coverage of President Trump has been overwhelmingly negative, more than three times more critical than the initial coverage of former President Barack Obama and twice that of former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

A reminder of what this post about.

What it isn’t about is a political rant from you or anyone else.

This earns you a flag.

And you knoowwww what ‘they’ say… you are what you eat !! and the NYTimes and Washington Post give me a tummy ache… Even a spoon full of Salon will have me running to the bathroom…

When it doesn’t fit the Leftist Narrative they will attack . Because they’ve been called out about their Blatantly Biased reporting of Trump and he’s not kissing their Ass they have declared an all out war against him .He could walk on water or part the Potomac and the press would find something bad to write about it .

And they call themselves the “unbiased media”. Lol.