President Trump and Jeff Sessions

Once again, President Trump has taken a slap against his Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. And once again, it was for having recused himself from the Russia hearings, more than 13 months ago.

It seems that this is a serious annoyance to the president, which he just cannot get over.

And this begs the question: Why does he not either (1) fire Jeff Sessions–he has not been timid about firing others–or (2) leave him alone?

Of course, there is another possibility: Jeff Sessions could simply resign; and it would be honorable for him to do so, I think, under the circumstances.

Just look at the massive problem Sessions has caused by his recusal !!! By allowing Rosenstein to lead the dance we have all the usual suspects doing the investigating and a Mueller team that’s the who’s who of the democratic never-Trumpers !!! Mueller , Comey , Rosenstein , Lynch , and the FBI are ALL involved in the Hillary cover up and ALL the illegal spying , wiretaps , and illegal FISA applications .

An interesting thought still pops up from time to time.

Mueller was given license to investigate Russian collusion. Why is his focus only on Trump?

Could this be a witch hunt??? LOL.

Ah, my sarcasm is up there today.

Sessions has set Trump up big time. He cannot fire Rothstein, Mueller or even Sessions with out serious blowback. Pretty funny how the dems and media screamed at the costs of investigating Benghazi, the IRS, Fast and furious and were successful in derailing the investigations and say nothing about the costs of Mueller’s circus.

:wink: Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive ! !!! :thinking:

[quote=LouMan]
Sessions has set Trump up big time. He cannot fire Rothstein, Mueller or even Sessions with out serious blowback.[/quote]

I don’t understand.

Just why can’t President Trump fire Jeff Sessions “without serious blowback”?

There would be alot of cheering in the Republican Party if Dolittle Sessions was fired and we had a REAL AG .

Firing Sessions would almost certainly come with tremendous political blowback and accusations of interference with law enforcement matters.

Past presidents have clashed with their top law enforcement officials \which in one case led to a resignation. A president has never directly fired his attorney general.

Should Trump fire Session he could be replaced by a person who could fire Rothstein then limit Mueller’s witch hunt.

[quote=“LouMan, post:7, topic:7843, full:true”]
Past presidents have clashed with their top law enforcement officials \which in one case led to a resignation. [/quote]

Do you recall any past president’s regular trashing of his Attorney General–not just a one-off sort of thing–the way we have here?

And again: Why doesn’t Attorney General Sessions just resign, under the circumstances? (During my working lifetime–and I am now 70 years of age–my superior would have spoken badly of me once–and once only. Then I would have walked.)

Frankly I think that Sessions needs to be trashed. Don’t get me wrong, on certain aspects of his job is is being rather affective. The problem is, going into this administration, they knew the headwinds… Sessions had to have had a clear understanding of the accusations and his possible culpability in it. Why in the world did he take the job knowing full well that he would leave this president open to round the clock criticism for actions he would or should have believed were bogus or else why would he take a job… any job in an administration with deep legal problems? The second thing is that Sessions has been quite when Rosenstein has granted latitude beyond the scope of the Russian interference scope for which Sessions recused himself. I have a hard time understanding just what Sessions is doing… either he isn’t as competent in understanding his job as we think he is or his early attachment to trump was a setup and he will ride this horse right over the cliff to stay in this key position.

In this age of instant and broadcast information the clash is well know whoever in the past it was there but people didn’t hear all about it.