Really strange: MA (lib state) elects R governor

It seems that few are paying attention to the governor races where very lib states voted for a Republican governor

I find that very interesting (telling).

maybe people are just fed up with all the lib chaos and etc… I believe Vermont also has a … either R or Independent… let me check

libs are being rejected even in lib states… yippee

:slight_smile:

Vermont, Maryland and Massachusetts already had R governors. These were incumbents running for reelection, and all three won their races easily.

People sometimes vote for other parties in state elections. Louisiana has a Dem governor and kansas will in January.

well, i find it shocking. I didn’t know those states had a R governor, didn’t think a R could get elected in Lib Capitals of the US

just can’t figure out why there aren’t more Rs in house and senate of those states

???

I assume its because Baker, Hogan and Scott are personally well liked or maybe their opponents were especially bad. Doesn’t mean Rs are competitive in congressional races. They were wiped out.

Kansas elected a Democrat governor on Tuesday. It’s not really that strange

it is always strange w hen Americans vote D… except that maybe not since… can’t always tell when people are lying. Those dems are sneaky weasles…

But I happen to think my BS Detector is a little better than most people’s…

Historically Massachusetts voters have veered towards Republicans in the gubernatorial election.

Charlie Baker wouldn’t be the first Republican Governor, & he’s the incumbent. Mitt Romney and, IIRC, Paul Cellucci were previous Republican Governors.

romney care, i have heard, was no better than obamacare

Actually it was far superior. Mr. Romney made it clear, & he dealt strictly with the 8-10% of uninsured in Massachusetts

It does not take weeks to get into see a doctor. He didn’t force such foolishness as covering dependents until they are 26, or force those purchasing individual insurance to get preventive coverage, or free female contraception.

Even liberal majority cited big problems with the Federal website to register for Obamacare coverage. I sincerely hope Barak Obama doesn’t even run for dog catcher. He’d probably find a way to mess that up.

he’d no sooner catch them then t hey would escape out the back of the truck and run too fast for his sorry skinny legs to be able to catch them… LOL

Mass has a long history of mostly Republican governors and heavily Democrat legislatures.The first popularly elected black Senator in the USA, was Republican Edward Brooke who was previously the first black Attorney General elected in the USA, in Mass in the 1960’s.

I don’t know how if you checked the box for Baker you checked for warren… Massachusetts is a confusing state.
If the media ever reported the news… we would vote 80% republican

The Dem-asses ran terrible candidates in MA and MD

@free2bme

Why do you label MS (Mississippi) a liberal state? It is one of the most conservative states in the union.

https://www.quora.com/What-US-states-are-liberal-or-conservative

Either fix your thread title or I will fix it for you.

Edit: Never mind. I fixed it .

BTW, I could find no mention at all of Mississippi in your link.

Not that odd, they elected Romney to two terms.

sorry I am a human being.

I don’t like it either

But that said, what is the abbreviation for Massachusetts?

MA = Massachusetts
You got that part right!

United States postal abbreviations for states, military, commonwealths, and territories.

US State: Abbreviation:
Alabama AL
Alaska AK
Arizona AZ
Arkansas AR
California CA
Colorado CO
Connecticut CT
Delaware DE
Florida FL
Georgia GA
Hawaii HI
Idaho ID
Illinois IL
Indiana IN
Iowa IA
Kansas KS
Kentucky KY
Louisiana LA
Maine ME
Maryland MD
Massachusetts MA
Michigan MI
Minnesota MN
Mississippi MS
Missouri MO
Montana MT
Nebraska NE
Nevada NV
New Hampshire NH
New Jersey NJ
New Mexico NM
New York NY
North Carolina NC
North Dakota ND
Ohio OH
Oklahoma OK
Oregon OR
Pennsylvania PA
Rhode Island RI
South Carolina SC
South Dakota SD
Tennessee TN
Texas TX
Utah UT
Vermont VT
Virginia VA
Washington WA
West Virginia WV
Wisconsin WI
Wyoming WY
Commonwealth/Territory: Abbreviation:
American Samoa AS
District of Columbia DC
Federated States of Micronesia FM
Guam GU
Marshall Islands MH
Northern Mariana Islands MP
Palau PW
Puerto Rico PR
Virgin Islands VI
Military “State”: Abbreviation:
Armed Forces Africa AE
Armed Forces Americas AA
Armed Forces Canada AE
Armed Forces Europe AE
Armed Forces Middle East AE
Armed Forces Pacific AP

i knew somewhere in the back of the old gray matter that Maryland was MD but forgot…

so again… I’m human

sorry about that. Like i said

I d ont like it (being human)… but can’t help it

But your mistake was inserting MS (Mississippi) which is not even mentioned in the link…and has been conservative for over a decade…actually THE MOST CONSERVATIVE state in the union.

I was seriously hoping my state (CT) would use some cognitive power and vote in a Republican, on Tuesday night at midnight when I went to bed the Republican running for Governor was around 10% ahead of the Democrat. The rural votes always get counted first, the cities always take alot longer. By the time I woke up Wednesday morning the damned democrat was ahead. Just goes to show how the cities (minorities) are 95% democrats. If ID’S were mandatory to vote in this country we would have Republicans in every office in every state imo.

If elections were 100% on the level, very few (if any) liberals would be elected.