Schumer Shutdown: Democrats Vote for Illegal Immigrants Over Americans

Ash Sharp
Editor

The veil keeps slipping from the Crooked Democratic Party.

Time and again they have had the opportunity in the first year of the Trump Administration to do the right thing by America, but have blown it in a fit of pique. Obstructionism is not a partisan issue, Republicans have tried it on with Democratic presidents too, but never before have we seen such rank tribalism and disregard for the best interests of the people.

After the Tax Bill which passed and improved the lot of millions of Americans overnight -despite unanimous opposition from Democrats- we now how have government shutdown: because Democrats favor the guaranteed votes of illegal immigrants over the certain opposition of the servicemen and women of the United States military.

Of course, the DNC fires up the spin engine to deflect attention away from the fact they've just harmed millions of low-income kids across the nation.

“A Republican president occupies the White House, and Republicans hold the majority in both the House of Representatives and the Senate, It is outrageous that, even with unified control of government, the majority could not chart a course toward keeping the government open, the most basic responsibility of Congress.” ~Representative Nita Lowey, Democrat of New York.

A claim so ludicrous even CNN Polls disagree.
The Schumer Shutdown: Democrats  Vote for Illegal Immigrants Over Americans
Ms. Lowey, 60 votes out of 100 were needed to end the debate and move onto a vote. The Republicans have a majority of 51 in the Senate. This means, that in the interests of the nation, a bi-partisan deal must be reached. It's a bare-faced lie to suggest that a Senate and House majority means that the Republicans have a unified control of government- if that were the case, what would be the point in voting at all beteen now and 2020? Why not scrap the democratic process entirely and let the administration get on with it with no checks or balances? Not at all totalitarian. It seems Ms. Lowey has discovered the only worse solution than shutting the government down because she favors a protected class of illegal immigrants.

What Ms. Lowey clearly believes is that the Democrats have no agency in the Senate at all, and should stay at home. If this concept is too difficult for any remaining Democrat readers to comprehend, we here at Republic Standard have done that pesky math for you.

92% of Senate Republicans voted to KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OPEN.

89.7% of Senate Democrats voted to SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.

This is the Schumer Shutdown.

Over what? This is a spending bill that has bi-partisan support, but because the children at the DNC have got their panties in a bunch over the completely unrelated DACA issue, the government is being shut down. Rapturous applause from the gallery. Unless you are a dyed in the wool leftist who demands open borders, this ploy isn't going to appeal to you. Have the Democratic leaders learned nothing from the 2016 election? You cannot pander to minority interests over the interests of hard working Americans and expect to prosper. This isn't 2008. It's over! Middle America will remember this at midterms- mark my words.

As Nick Short comments, American sovreignty is meaningless to Chuck Schumer and his Democrat cronies.

As usual, James Woods nails the solution right between the eyes.

Even the much-maligned Mitch O'Connel achieved something close to real human emotion as he tore strips off the Democrats:

Shutdown effects on American people will come as no surprise, all week as we've sat on the floor and begged our colleagues to come to their senses Senate Republicans have described exactly what this will mean for America's men and women in Uniform, shutting down the government means delayed pay. FOr the many thousands of civilian employees who support their missions, it means furloughs. For the families of fallen heroes it may mean a freeze on survivor death benefits.

For veterans who rely on our promise of care, shutting down government threatens their access to treatment, for so many Americans struggling with opioid addiction the same is true. Thanks to the Democratic leader's decision to filibuster an extension of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) low-income families will slip closer to losing health coverage for their kids- and in many states, this is an emergency. I'm having trouble understanding which one of these outcomes my democratic colleagues could possibly be proud of. I think our friends on the other side took some bad advice. I'd hate to have to be trying to explain this, myself. They ignored the governors, including seven Democrats who wrote to Congress begging us to extend SCHIP for nine million children. They ignored the needs of millions of Americans who rely on the Federal Government for important services. They held all of this hostage over the completely unrelated issue of illegal immigration.

No matter how the liberal media try to spin this into being about the Trump Administration's incompetence in failing to keep the government from shutdown, this is an act of political sabtage. I have an easy technique that I like to employ whenever leftist politicians speak. I listen to what they say, and then I listen to what the most vocal activists have to say. The results are illuminating without fail.

Regardless of what the DNC talking heads will parrot- this is the meat. This is what this is all about- illegal immigrants being given priority by ideologues over the orderly running of the government. The political spin is deployed to provide cover for the ideological attack. When Nita Lowey says the shutdown is on the Republicans, what she isn't saying is anything about DACA. No Democrat will make the connection in public right now, the narrative will be all about Republican incompetence.

I keep expecting better ethics from Liberals, but I am let down again. You might say that I'm a dreamer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://republicstandard.com/schumer-shutdown-democrats-vote-for-illegal-immigrants-over-americans/

Schumer Shutdown is Happening! Democrats Reject Funding Bill
The government shutdown

This is and will be remembered as:

The Schumer Shutdown

A time when the democratic party chose illegal aliens over American Citizens and US Sovereignty.

Democrats just shot themselves in the foot for 2018 and 2020… This stunt will not be allowed to go quietly into the night…

The usual suspects are already screeching about it being Trump’s fault (somehow) but the numbers won’t lie, the NYT even came out against the democrats before the spin-machine started whirring.

“Obama will not — he cannot — negotiate with a roving band of anarchists who say, ‘Build our oil pipeline or the troops don’t get paid.’”

The president never budged.

They are shutting down the government over DACA, which was a temporary solution enacted by fiat by Obama (when unilateral executive governance was celebrated).
The dems had a chance to pass DACA in 2009 however is wasn’t important. Today they will not settle DACA as they need a wage issue to fire up the base in 2018.

Democrats were beginning to look at an unfavorable climate developing en route to the 2018 midterms. That great “blue” wave? Well, a growing number of commentators were suggesting that it might not come to pass.

Democrats would rather just sabotage reform if it means giving away the mantle of leadership on immigration and being publicly denounced by other Democrats at a time when the party desperately needs more unity to win back the House in November.

Nothing builds unity among Democrats faster than standing defiantly in opposition to that “racist Trump.”

I think that they have meet a unified match… I mean to sell this as anything other than illegal immigrants vs the good citizens and residents of the US is simply nothing other than BS… and the American people know it. This isn’t about racism or hatred or anything other than making the US government work for the benefit of the people of the US, regardless of their color…

Democrats continue to show their true colors. Around 15 Million American children live in poverty. No US budget should include any money for illegal aliens while legal citizens are in poverty. Democrats have chosen illegal aliens over Americans.

Here is a list of what the Democrats just did:

If they had voted yes tonight:

1. There would be no shutdown

2. CHIP would be funded for years

3. The two sides would have a month to work out an immigration compromise (Dems knew DACA didn’t expire until March).

Politics at its worst all because they care more about illegals than Americans. Fuck the Democratic Party.

Twitter is trending “#TrumpShutdown”. I guess if you use “#ShumerShutdown” you are a Russian bot.

They have no shame.

This isn’t even a shutdown. 17% of federal employees are actually getting furloughed. They should make sure the worthless 17% don’t report back to the office. That would be a positive.

As usual, James Woods is spot on.

It’s really too bad that Congress keeps getting paid during a shutdown. Passing a budget is one of their basic functions. Oh well. No one is fooled by them and their antics. The only people acting like the sky is falling right now is the media and we know they have the same agenda as the Democrats.

Not a single Democrat voted for tax cuts yet every one of them is willing to shut down our government to get amnesty for illegal aliens…it’s clear to see they don’t give a damn about American citizens!!

Those who will be working without pay aiso vote, so Leftist Democrats Beware!!! Alot of them won’t forget their Betrayal. Benedict Arnold Graham should kiss his ass goodbye.
Unfortunately, the Leftist Press enablers of the UnDemocratic Party will continue to spread their propaganda.Hopefully,those with half a brain will see this and understand the budget must be a stand alone bill.
Congress has until March to address the DACAS. Which probably won’t happen because Psychos like Crazy Chuck and his cohorts will find some lame excuse to obstruct a meaningful DACA bill and attempt to blame Trump and the Republicans.Again the Leftist Press like the NY Times and the Washington Post will print their propaganda.
Mid-term elections are quickly approaching so the Leftist Democrats should not get over confident like HRC did.Minority dependency is the Leftist Democrats cornerstone.

I would suggest that between this shutdown and the implications of the house intelligence memo, we could see a rout in 2018… but as we can see within the republican party right now, electing people like Linseed Graham will be of no help in straighting out the mess that has been made of this country…

Screw Schumer his SHUTDOWN and DACA !
Put America and our citizens first Make America Great and God Bless President Trump !

It has always angered me the way Democrats try to make shutdowns as painful as possible.
It was is a shoot-the-hostages strategy, in which they take a handful of things that average Americans like, use, or depend on from the federal government and closed them down first in order to goose public anger.

Remember closing the monuments? National Parks, some tried to close the National Forest. Our county sheriff prevented the forestry service vehicle entry into the forest (county road). Done within 2 hours of the announcement. How ever did thy get all the closure signs printed so quickly? Think Obama planned it all out?

Someone once said it was like shutdowns turned the federal government into a strange insect that has all its vital and vulnerable organs outside its exoskeleton. It certainly exposed the Federal Government for what is, partisanship hurting Americans to get their way.

Shumer’s game but another example. Perhaps Trump should declare congress and all who work for congress non essential and not pay them first on the list. Followed by the ACA payments to insurers and states. Follow it by welfare payments.

Illegal immigrant Dreamers had for months begged Democrats to block funding for the government unless the bill granted them citizenship rights. On Friday Democrats heeded that call, mounting a filibuster of a four-week spending bill, denying the government the cash it needs to remain open.
In the wake of the shutdown Dreamers cheered, saying they were finally being taken seriously.
“We know that the public is on our side,” Cata Santiago, a Dreamer, said in a statement. “We are calling for the immigrant community and our allies to take to the streets immediately to demand that Congress pass legislation guaranteeing permanent protection for immigrant youth NOW.”
Dozens of Dreamers were in the Senate’s viewing galleries Friday night watching as the drama unfolded beneath them. Police were gathered in force just outside the galleries with piles of plastic handcuffs, prepared for the kinds of protests and mass arrests Dreamers have fostered around the Capitol in recent weeks.
There were no disturbances in the galleries, but there was plenty of confusion among senators, who seemed stunned that they actually careened into a shutdown despite Democrats and Republicans saying they didn’t want one.

I’m up for this fight. This is a different strategy seeking the same outcome as 1986… amnesty with no security. This is a good fight to have and a principled one. @Montecresto1 will claim that this is nothing more than unstoppable globalism but it is actually only being affected in western democracies… It seems that globalism is not affecting cultural balance of other countries nor are they really having a problem with ‘mass migration’. The US is a sovereign nation. Monte/John rightfully points out to use that it is only as sovereign as we are capable of defending… we have a president who understands who the enemy is and that they are both foreign and domestic… I don’t really care how long this goes on. Democrats don’t want border security… that is for ‘phase two’ and they aren’t really interested in DACA … 650K… or extended DACA 800K… or parents of DACA 3.6M… they want… they need all 20million to stage a globalist destruction of America.

Give me border security and mandatory E-verify and kill chain migration and lottery or piss off… You want to protect the DACA kids, fine… it don’t want the possibility of another amnesty in the future… security first !

And I think that when it is all over we should look strongly at scrutinizing the 17% of the government that is considered non-essential… waste not, want not…

Throw in a wall.

Anything less is an invitation for Amnesty #3 in the future.