Should Marijuana Be Legal?

I was watching a documentary about that. Funny, the guy hired some illegals to grow for him. They stayed out in the woods for months. The grower was all mad because the “illegal” a week from pick up. Took 1/3 of his crop and was never to be seen.
I thought, smart guy… Because he probably would have ripped the illegal off.
But ya, they showed a bunch of the left behind sites and what a friggin mess.
They only have to make it legal nation wide to stop all the BS, but I am sure that will be a cold day in hell.

Lounge Car aboard a Union Pacific Streamliner train in 1957. This is what America looked like before the rot of leftism, feminism, environmentalism, marijuana, multiculturalism, hippies, transvestitism, and other post-1967 forms of depravity set in.

If recreational drugs were made legal, GlaxoSmithKline would put pharmaceutical-grade cocaine on pharmacy shelves right next to the bags organic heirloom marijuana leaves, for low cost and with none of the pollution, violence of street dealers feuding, and without militarized police forces everywhere.

Never gonna happen. Marijuana is illegal and that is the law of the land. And before anyone starts with marijuana being a medicine, it’s not. Medicine is prescribed by a real doctor with a medical degree and it is made under sanitary conditions in a production facility or a lab, and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist. Marijuana is prescribed by the people cultivating it, their only concern is they get the weight right and to keep people from being productive members of society.

Bottom line, the medical argument is irrelevant. If states want to prohibit or allow marijuana or other drugs, that’s constitutionally fine. The federal government has exceeded its authority in drug policy. Much like it’s exceeded itself in nearly all other aspects.

That statement is not true. There is a difference between recreational marijuana and Medical Marijuana. The medical is grown and tested for controls. It is a pharma-grade product. At least in Colorado, they have separate "counters’ for medical or recreational.

There is no such thing as medical marijuana.

"Q: May physicians legally prescribe marijuana?

A: No. Although a handful of states have legislation authorizing doctors to prescribe marijuana…doctors in these states may not legally do so without violating federal law."

http://norml.org/marijuana/medical/item/medical-frequently-asked-questions

Cue the FDA: “More recently, several states have also passed laws that remove state restrictions on health care professionals using marijuana as a medical treatment for a variety of conditions.”

In any case, THC is FDA approved.

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm421163.htm

Recreational POT is also grown the same way medical POT is grown in Colorado. Both are tested and results published.
http://www.cmtlaboratory.com/

But marijuana isn’t, and marijuana is what I was talking about. From your link:

“The FDA has not approved marijuana as a safe and effective drug for any indication…Although the FDA has not approved any drug product containing or derived from botanical marijuana…”

Marinol won’t get you high.

Morphine will also get you high but it’s actively used in every hospital in the USA and probably everywhere else too.

While the federal statute exists, medical licensing is done by states, so no doctor in those 29 states is going to lose a license for prescribing medical weed.

A license to practice medicine is issued by a state.

But a license to PRESCRIBE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES is issued by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Any doctor who “prescribes marijuana” (as you claimed they do) can kiss his DEA number good bye.

In NJ, marijuana is prescribed as an “alternative treatment”, which is not subject to DEA licensing. However, the DEA may cripple the doctor’s prescribing license. If the doctor doesn’t need it (e.g. he’s a surgeon who doesn’t prescribe much, or he just doesn’t care), he can tell the DEA to eat shit.

I was told there was no difference, but wasn’t totally sure. Besides I know it isn’t some “dark figure” in a cess pool growing “bad” marijuana to sell. As @TrueConservative seems to believe and wants to propagate.

You falsely asserted doctors can legally “prescribe marijuana.” I called you on it. I showed that it is ILLEGAL in the USA.

Please give the names and DEA numbers of all NJ doctors you know of “prescribing marijuana” to the DEA.

It also doesn’t do the job that marijuana does -
There is a reason Marinol hasn’t taken off, that is because alot of the time it is ineffective. And from what I have seen, it is a man-made THC, therefore it still gets you “High”.

Dronabinol is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy. It is usually used when other drugs to control nausea and vomiting have not been successful. Dronabinol is also used to treat loss of appetite and weight loss in patients with HIV infection. Dronabinol (also called THC) is a man-made form of the active natural substance in marijuana
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8774/dronabinol-oral/details#side-effects

All marijuana is bad.

Marijuana possesses no legitimate medical use, unless you consider “being stoned all the time” legitimate.

I won’t say that doesn’t happen, but it is very rare. There will always people that will try to abuse the system. Here in NM, Doctors aren’t getting arrested or the DEA license taken.
Now, like my other half, the corporation or company might not let them prescribe it - as my wife. Even though she would rather prescribe MAry J, then most of the Pharma drugs.
There is another thing about mary J, it has very mild side-effects…

I’m jumping in here.

Take a deep breath and read slowly and closely.

You have made a medically incorrect statement. THC does not cure anything but it’s recognized as a robust pain killer. For people allergic to opioids, it is often the only measure available.

THC is prescribed by actual MDs to counter pain, suppress muscle spasms and seizures, and alleviate chronic auto-immune diseases such as Crohn’s. Your sarcasm is, in this case, misplaced.

Well said, I will leave it at that. I didn’t think there was any scared straight / Reefer Madness minded people out there. He clearly proved that wrong.