Stockton’s post -BANKRUPTCY plan – give money away!

Now talk about stupid !!! A California city plagued by financial woes is testing a new welfare plan to give families a “universal basic income” of $500 every month.
According to the Economic Security Project, Stockton is “highly diverse,” with foreign-born individuals making up 26 percent of the population and 45 percent of households speaking a language other than English. Can you say ILLEGALS !!!

The mayor is 26 years old and his solution to bankruptcy is to give all low income people 500 bucks a month.

I guess all white English Speaking people need not apply .Why don’t these two Facebook Dimwits do something.positive and help to remove these noncontibutors out of the US .

It’s what dumbacrats do best , spend ,baby , spend !!!

That happens to be the democratic base , they passed a law in nutty California anyone with a drivers license can VOTE !!! And illegals were allowed drivers licenses there for years .

Universal Basic Income. The idea is that, with automation soon to replace millions of jobs across the country, the federal government will have to begin paying people to simply…exist. Maybe the government will give you everything you need to live a happy and fulfilling life, maybe they’ll just give you enough to get by. But in a future without enough jobs for everyone, it’s an idea that makes sense to young millennials. Wouldn’t a simpler solution be to reduce the number of workers in the labor pool? Perhaps deport 11-40 million illegals?

I wonder how Stockton will collect enough in taxes to pay the UBI.

It’s an interesting concept for Stockton which went bankrupt in 2012, and for decades it has been trying to diversify its agriculture-based economy.

Mayor Tubbs:
“I feel that as mayor it’s my responsibility to do all I could to begin figuring out what’s the best way to make sure that folks in our community have a real economic floor,” Tubbs said.

Dorian Warren serves as co-chairman the Economic Security Project, which is contributing $1 million to the initiative. He said the goal is to gather data on the economic and social impacts of giving people a basic income. And then the question of the year, where does the money come from after the million has been given away??

Should the 500 bucks a month be taxed as it is a gift?

In addition to tracking what residents do with the money, Warren said they will be monitoring how a basic income affects things like self-esteem and identity. Should the government give people enough to survive and not work, why would they ever work? Why seek to move ahead in life?

“What does it mean to say, Here is unconditional guaranteed income just based on you being a human being?

Universal Basic Income is just welfare by another name. When the robots take all the jobs and there’s nothing left for humanity to do, sure, we’ll be glad to let the bots do all the work while we go outside and sit in the sun. IF everyone is collecting government benefits, Who pays for it???

Those that find work rewarding and, as the liberals preach, those of white privilege ! :roll_eyes:

The Dems in Commiefornia see White Privilege as workers with a bottomless wallet to Confiscate money from to support their societal parasites.
What will it take for them to wake up and vote for a complete governmental change. However , Their brains must be fried from smoking all that Weed or worse.
You only get what you pay for or vote for. No sympathy here for them. They must be happy or things would change