Supreme Court Pick Brett Kavanaugh

Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed to his position on the Court of Appeals for DC on May 26, 2006, about 12 years ago. The 53-year-old worked in the administration of each President Bush and also for independent counsel Kenneth Starr in the investigation that eventually led to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.

Why am I not surprised? The cream of the crop…rises to the top.

I was hoping for Amy. I’m actually rather disappointed with this selection. He is a Bush guy which means we are screwed on immigration.

Yeah…Trump screwed up on this one.

Kavanaugh wrote an opinion in 2009 that postulated that a sitting president shouldn’t be subjected to investigations and lawsuits. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

And you guys were hoping that he’d do something for the country.

Amy is brilliant and accomplished but relatively inexperienced and likely would generate more resistance to confirmation. As I have read, she has yet to write and opinion.

She has also expressed no reluctance to overturning judicial precedence which speaks loudly to the Roe v Wade issue…the one that terrifies the left.

I don’t know that this is a bad selection. He’s a Catholic which should spin the left out of control. I did like Amy Barrett but let’s be happy that we have another conservative on the court!

I see that Laura Ingraham is in the East Room tonight.

The DNC is already saying he’s not qualified! Hired by Supreme Justice Kagan to teach at Harvard.

She was at the time a Dean at Harvard, but your point is well taken.

Well, looks like the left will be wetting their pants on this nomination.

WHITE STALLION ENERGY CENTER LLC v. EPA

In this 2014 opinion, Kavanaugh argued that the Environmental Protection Agency must take monetary costs into consideration when deciding whether to regulate emissions from power plants.

The appeals court affirmed the emissions standard set by the EPA in 2012 for mercury and other pollutants from coal- and oil-fired electric utility steam generating units.

One of the key issues in the case was whether EPA was required to consider the costs imposed by the rule. The majority of the court agreed with the EPA that it did not have to consider the costs.

In his dissent, Kavanaugh wrote that it came as a “surprise” that the EPA did not consider costs.

“In my view, it is unreasonable for EPA to exclude considerations of costs in determining whether it is ‘appropriate’ to impose significant new regulations on electric utilities,” Kavanaugh wrote.

“To be sure, EPA could conclude that the benefits outweigh the costs. But the problem here is that EPA did not even consider the costs.”

There have already been several tweets by liberals lamenting the percieved threat to Roe v. Wade and the fact that SCOTUS does not have to follow precedence as does the Appellant Court that he will be leaving.

God please protect this family from the Nazi democrats!

Oh don’t be so melodramatic…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Well he has history investigating Hillary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You agree that presidents are above the law. Do you have the integrity to acknowledge that if it wasn’t for the fact that Trump has a slew of lawsuits pending and investigations that you’d oppose the notion??? You would have argued against Obama being investigated, indicted or sued…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

They are a bit over the top aren’t they.

They bring a whole new meaning to Chicken Little. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, help meeeee.

A bit? They have been over the top since Robert Bork was nominated in 1987. Ted Kennedy led the charge to defeat him…based mainly on protection of Roe v. Wade.

Someone must have spent a lot of money tonight on the protest outside the Supreme Court. As soon as Kavanaugh was named the signs with his name on them went up. Weird.

Likely, they had prepared 4 sets of signs…one with each candidate’s name.

The liberal losers have been set to oppose Trump’s choice ever since Kennedy announced his resignation.