Supreme Court Pick Brett Kavanaugh

If the Dems don’t have the votes to block him (or any Supreme Court pick that isn’t Merrick Garland), they need to deny quorum.

When they don’t get what they want, they break the rules. Then, when we complain, they call us whiners. Past time to stop playing their game.

The system is broken. Garbage in, garbage out. Time to break the machine in order to fix it.

Not so sure that that’s the right approach. I understand fighting fire with fire, but…the practice doesn’t always work!!!

Crybabies at Havard Law School are cyring to their Dean about Bret Kavanaugh. Hilarious. Really illustrates how the left thinks: always to complain to a “higher” power, imploring for something to be done for them. Hence they always want to have a bigger government.

Threatened?.. can you name some times where he threatened anyone outside the power of his office permits? Has he threatened violence… or perhaps beheading? Has he used the media to encourage the assassination if anyone as ISIS did and several outlets gave coverage too? He most certainly has called out several people for their positions but open threats of violence… you have been reading to much VOX.

Trump tweeted out a video of himself knocking the crap out of a CNN reporter. You can dismiss that, that’s what you’ll do, as you are dismissive of all of Trumps intimidation and bullying.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. “He’s walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing,” Trump said. “I’d like to punch him in the face, I’ll tell you.”

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell … I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,” he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

“Sacha Baron Cohen - I only wish that he had been punched in the face so many times,” Trump says in the video.

Trump has been a violent person his whole life.

“Even in elementary school, I was a very assertive, aggressive kid,” Trump wrote in the bestseller. "In the second grade I actually gave a teacher a black eye — I punched my music teacher because I didn’t think he knew anything about music and I almost got expelled.”

And…not all his threats are physical violence, he threatens people in the way he threatened Harley Davidson, you move jobs out of the country and I’ll tax the hell out of you.

Democrats and republicans. :wink: Vote independent.

Your expectation of his lying has to be based on your experience as a democrat. Most democrats no qualms about lying for personal advantage but you are dealing with an honorable individual here. I believe he will follow his ethical background and will tell the truth, the same as I expect him to follow his conscience in adjudicating cases that come before him

I believe it was Biden and Schumer that generated the attack on Judge Bork and that Kennedy jumped in, in agreement. At this time however, it is relatively inconsequential. ‘They done the dirty deed’ and it stands to this day as a monument to democrat insidiousness.

You’re kidding right??? Surely you don’t really believe that democrats are the only ones lying for personal gain!!!

True, however, republicans have MORE than returned the favor, so they have their own monuments. Not until Americans are honest about things and dispense with the partisan bullshit will we have any hope of repairing anything. There’s nothing righteous about democrats or republicans.

Wasn’t it the GREAT Harry Reid that helped the Senate to change the confirmation vote from a 2/3 rd vote to a simple majority??? He is a Democrat or did he change his party registration ???:dragon_face:

I guess it’s alright for Robert DeZero to want to punch President Trump in the face . Isn’t President Trump afforded the same rights to free speech ??? Madonna said she had thoughts about destroying the White House. That’s ok too.
:heart_eyes:

Yes, he did that for the LOWER court, and he was wrong to do so. And McConnell did it for SCOTUS, and he is wrong for having done so.

Who are you talking to and what about??

I predict that Dems will use confirmation hearings to try - unsuccessfully - to Bork the nominee. Kavanaugh will be confirmed 53-47; there are at least three Dems who know they can’t just be bootlicks for Schumer and Pelosi on this or they’ll be voted out by their red state voters.

Why were either one of them right or wrong… Senate rules are created by the senate and nothing more. Their is no constitutional mandate for the senates operation other than a super majority vote in the case of impeachment. Besides why in the world should a democratic body allow 40% of the members to control what gets a pass and what doesn’t?

Of course they should and he should tell them exactly what he said… I mean, if the House and Senate can’t conclude that a sitting president is in violation of high crimes and misdemeanors they ‘While Sitting’, a president should not be hounded by prostitutes over hush money that they gratefully accepted only to want to recant the deal when it looks like a book deal might net more from hungry ‘inquiring minds’ progressives. There is nothing to say that once they leave office that the full weight of the law should not apply. By the way… I would suggest that the real process of objectively picking a member of the Supreme Court was broken by a threat from FDR…

I think the results of both of them speak for themselves. IMO, the more bipartisan things are accomplished, the better. Do you like all these bills that pass with all the democrats being for it and all the republicans being against it, and vise versa? Do you like all these 5-4 decisions out of SCOTUS? Can’t people see that the partisan divide is killing us…

Manchin is a perfect example. Trump won the state of West Virginia by 47 points against HRC. If he votes against Trump’s pick his gravy train is over.