Swing-vote Justice Kennedy retires from US Supreme Court

Haha see what happens when you hate? Your world starts to crumble

Hmm, you mean like shooting up a congressional baseball team practice? SMH They have no way of overcoming the 51 votes of the GOP; all they can really do is further enrage their Stalinist zealot base.

Who will be chosen?

Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States Senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

feddo! long time no see! Hope all is well.

I don’t know why I just started laughing at that…but I did.

Not sure what that means, but hopefully it’s intended to mean within the confines of the law.

I wouldn’t go that doom and gloom about it.

Not so sure that you fancy a fancy world there bro…

Come on Doc, while that’s all true and reprehensible, it’s happening on BOTH sides…

The leftist tears in this thread. Amazing! I guess Ill share my rare pepe with you peeps to commemorate.

I think he bailed because of the Gorsuch nominee. He didn’t nominate Jeanine Pirro or he wouldn’t be leaving. IMO. You may not like Gorsuch’s politics, you may not like the way Obama was slighted by congress to bring him in, but he was very qualified.

Sort of like comparing a light rain to a hurricane, don’t ya think? Some yokel sucker punched a demo at a Trump rally. That’s really about it. Charlottesville is a false comparison because those people had nothing to do with Trump or the GOP.

I completely disagree. The nastiness abounds on both sides. But just like the partisan lefty thinks it’s all on the right. The partisan righty thinks it all on the left, and I’m stuck in the middle with scant company.

For a Reagan appointee, he was quite middle of the road; but now you judge “the kind of person he is” because at age 82, he wants to retire? How dare he!!!

Comrade Kennedy should toil for the proletariat until he dies, shovel in hand! I’m pretty sure Ginsburg is already dead and is now a stuffed animatron, nodding vaguely…

Ok now, there are three areas that he tended to lean with the left on, but he was NO middle of the road. He voted with the right a dozen times this year already.

Surely you don’t think that all 51 republican senators are that partisan…

And what the gas bag had to say:

There has been a major meltdown by the left in the wake of Justice Kennedy’s announcement that he will retire in July. It gives Trump another opportunity to replace a Justice — a swing vote — with a constitutionalist. If there is one thing the left doesn’t like at all — it’s the Constitution.

Blowhard Chris Matthews is the leader of the meltdown. The latest SCOTUS rulings and the retirement of Justice Kennedy have him in a rage. He’s having a very bad week.

“I don’t think the Democrats should allow even meetings to occur for Trump’s nominee to fill this vacancy by Justice Kennedy,” Matthews said on Hardball. “I think they have to fight eye for an eye for what happened in ’16, where the Republicans led by Mitch McConnell refused to even consider or meet with Merrick Garland. I think if the Democratic leadership under Schumer allows this to go forward, they’re going to have a huge problem with the Democratic base.”

Matthews cited Republican obstruction of Barack Obama’s nominee, Merrick Garland. That led to a 14-month vacancy before the presidential election.

“There is no way politically that the Democratic base will stand for any kind of hearings or vote on a Trump nominee for the Supreme Court before the election. We’ve got an election in four and a half months. There is no reason to consider a Supreme Court replacement in that time,” Matthews said.

Bizarrely, he claimed the Democratic leadership hasn’t fought hard enough against President Trump.

In fact, they’ve obstructed Trump on everything.

“There’s a lot of dilatory tactics they can use on every bill before the Congress between now and November. If they don’t use everything they’ve got, if they don’t play hardball, I think they’re through,” Matthews said. “I know the Democratic base. They are very angry about this leadership. They don’t believe they’ve fought hard enough against Trump.”

Chris Matthews is waiting for someone to send a tingling up and down his leg…like Obama did for him.

What’s that suppose to mean, he’s a right winger, swung only on a few issues…

Not necessarily. The swing vote is the most powerful vote. There’s the distinct possibility that John Roberts moves to fill that void. He has lamented the politicization of the Supreme Court.