Tax Reform 2017

" social environments that lend themselves to highly industrious individuals"
Does poverty and the environment that growing up in it produce the real entrepreneur of the twenty first century ?
That’s right the dope dealing gang banging meth making entrepreneur one hundred percent invested in their job ! Do it right or jail time and death is the reward for a half ass effort .

140 citizens out of 325,442,110 as of Monday, December 4, 2017, based on the latest United Nations estimates. Not good odds ?

Born into poverty in free trade America you will probable die in poverty ! Illegal immigrants depressing wages and claiming unskilled entry level jobs that once offer a way out of poverty to Americans .
Free Trade moving most of America’s manufacturing off shore ended the climb out of poverty and filled our jails and cemetery’s !

I did of course mention those things… When as certain segment of society decided to place tower blocks right in the middle of the poorest, most economically disadvantaged neighborhoods in the name of ‘help’ they screwed the pooch for the last 4 generations… and that makes for a might deep hole to get out of, especially when those very same people can only see the answer in throwing more money at the problem…

I won’t take issue with you about free trade impediments. Ross Perot, the first viable independent had this right 25 years ago. But America is still a place that one can be born in poverty and die in quite comfort.

Just lucky , right place right time a person born into poverty has a better chance of hitting the lottery then pulling themselves out of poverty in Bill Clinton’s service economy !
Working Americans require manufacturing and tariffs to thrive and find a way out of poverty !

I am going to assume that you mean more about a guaranteed everything than you are about equal opportunity to succeed… Money doesn’t always fix problems in society and that it monumentally true of the 50 years of Great Society and U.S Department of Education failure to ‘fix’ everything… I did ask you before if the poverty rate now is lower or higher than when Great Society funds to kick in…?

Inter city America needs a Marshall Plan to undo fifty years of Democratic neglect !

Neglect hell… they purpose built it… they say that institutional racism is dead… I think not… it just turned from a frown into a smiley faced liberal…

Please explain how ?? 97% will use standard deduction which has double to $ 12,000 and every tax bracket was REDUCED by at least 3% , so how in the hell will their tax bill go up ?? shrug And try hard to leave your beloved Obamacare out of this !

Maybe in some cases, hard work in others.

You just don’t get it ! The jobs aren’t here !
Nearly half of young black men in Chicago out of work, out of school: report http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-youth-unemployment-urban-league-0126-biz-20160124-story.html

While the national unemployment rate remained at 5 percent for the third month in a row, the black jobless statistics fell from 9.4 percent in November to 8.3 percent in December. That’s half of what it was in August 2011.

The December 2015 unemployment rate for blacks in that age group with high school diplomas and not enrolled in college was 17.6 percent. That is down 21.8 percentage points from an all-time monthly high of 39.4 percent in August 2011. Not only was last December the lowest African American youth unemployment rate in 2015, but it is also the lowest since November 2007 (17.5 percent). For some historical perspective, November 2000 saw the lowest monthly black youth unemployment rate (13.5 percent) since 1985, the earliest year of BLS data available on the site.

The area with undeniable trouble is labor force participation. For black youth, the rate has been declining since its 45 percent high in September 1998. And it hits its lowest level during the Obama presidency at 22.6 percent. But things appear to be rebounding. When the president took office in January 2009, the labor force participation rate was 29.6 percent. Last month, it was 29.5 percent. The highest level was 29.7 percent in November 2014.

All these stats are for citizens looking for work not the percentage of unemployed intercity citizens !
That number is probably north of forty percent .

Poverty in the US is comfort compared to real poverty in the world.

Where else can a person in poverty never miss a meal, enjoy a 50" LED TV?

Yes I do get that. But I think this goes back to a comment you made declaring that one must be born into the 10% and that’s not 100% factual, many examples exist of Americans being born in poverty and dying in the 10%. But none of that is to disagree with you on the general problem occurring for several decades now of our jobs disappearing.

I don’t know where you live but poverty in America is not a 50" tv and three squares !

Sometimes wealthy people lack empathy.

80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
43 percent have Internet access.
One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.

For decades, the living conditions of the poor have steadily improved. Consumer items that were luxuries or significant purchases for the middle class a few decades ago have become commonplace in poor households, partially because of the normal downward price trend that follows introduction of a new product.

Liberals use the declining relative prices of many amenities to argue that it is no big deal that poor households have air conditioning, computers, cable TV, and wide-screen TV. They contend, polemically, that even though most poor families may have a house full of modern conveniences, the average poor family still suffers from substantial deprivation in basic needs, such as food and housing. In reality, this is just not true.

Although the mainstream media broadcast alarming stories about widespread and severe hunger in the nation, in reality, most of the poor do not experience hunger or food shortages. The U.S. Department of Agriculture collects data on these topics in its household food security survey. For 2009, the survey showed:

96 percent of poor parents stated that their children were never hungry at any time during the year because they could not afford food.
83 percent of poor families reported having enough food to eat.
82 percent of poor adults reported never being hungry at any time in the prior year due to lack of money for food.

Other government surveys show that the average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and is well above recommended norms in most cases.

Television newscasts about poverty in America generally portray the poor as homeless people or as a destitute family living in an overcrowded, dilapidated trailer. In fact, however:

Over the course of a year, 4 percent of poor persons become temporarily homeless.
Only 9.5 percent of the poor live in mobile homes or trailers, 49.5 percent live in separate single-family houses or townhouses, and 40 percent live in apartments.
42 percent of poor households actually own their own homes.
Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
The average poor American has more living space than the typical non-poor person in Sweden, France, or the United Kingdom.
The vast majority of the homes or apartments of the poor are in good repair.

By their own reports, the average poor person had sufficient funds to meet all essential needs and to obtain medical care for family members throughout the year whenever needed.

Of course, poor Americans do not live in the lap of luxury. The poor clearly struggle to make ends meet, but they are generally struggling to pay for cable TV, air conditioning, and a car, as well as for food on the table. The average poor person is far from affluent, but his lifestyle is far from the images of stark deprivation purveyed equally by advocacy groups and the media.

Want to talk about the poor or homeless?

Nice pictures of the homeless. Not all poor are homeless.

Leftist platitudes are ever so depressing; the truth is anyone can still pull themselves out of poverty, but it is tough. A person starts by getting an education, and for women, holding off on sampling half the males in town hoping to find Mr. Goodbar, or at perhaps Mr footlong, until you are able to support yourself, and a child. Starting out screwing at twelve, pregnant at 13 or 14 and five kids by four different fathers by 21 does not help you attain success.

But how dare I judge; how cruel of me and society that we frown on highly dysfunctional behavior. We should instead chastise those who work their asses off for decades - if they achieve success.

It is the poor who believe success is a matter of luck, or fate. Successful people don’t buy that crap for a second.
10915277_10152731112011299_5739004538092296134_n

That’s a bit broad brushed right there.

Always has me scratching my head over right wingers that oppose abortion.

I don’t know about ‘right wingers’ but the conservatives I know do not oppose women’s choice. Speaking of broad brushes…

Where’s the broad brush in that , shrug?