The Religion of Peace Strikes Again: 4 American Tourists in France Attacked with Acid

LOL,
Most of the categories are the responsibility of state and local governments.

All they need to do is raise taxes.

Some like power systems, ar private controlled. But then again the state regulatory agencies control the amount charged to customers so little can be invited in upgrades.

Rail, private industry.

In the end people scream infrastructure upgrades at the Federal Government while the states are standing back waiting for the tax dollars to flow.

Pathetic… must have ‘joined’ because you were incapable of finding work elsewhere… your lack of pride no doubt stems from the fact that you actually hate your own country… perhaps because you hate yourself. This isn’t meant to be a personal attack… but it goes to he heart of everything you have written since you came to this forum… Truly enlightening admission… thanks for sharing…

Was that necessary? I know plenty of fine Americans who served and who aren’t necessarily proud of their service for a variety of reasons…does that somehow make them less American?

I have a friend who served over 20 years and there isn’t a single thing related to the military in his home or on any of his vehicles. I bring that up because it is out of the norm. He never talks about his service. His gripe? Being forced to pray over the course of his 20 year career. That may seem like no big deal to you, but it was to him.

Interesting… I was never forced to pray… I could go to the post church if I wanted… I could where a cross if I wanted… I could even have a bible in my kit… but I was never forced to pray… unless it was to the United States and its flag that I took an oath to defend… (I do however have a problem with the pledge of allegiance being forced on little kids in school who have no concept of what the word allegiance means) I know a lot of people during Vietnam who were drafted. One would expect from them no particular loyalty to mission and their were those who were encouraged to ‘join’ or go to jail… I guess at that point in time the US needed fodder for its misadventure in Vietnam but I joined… I joined because I love my country and more importantly, its constitution… I did not join because it was just a job… I didn’t join because it was a space filler in my life. You can join with all good intentions and become disillusioned… then you serve your hitch and get out but to say that you joined for no other reason than it was just a paycheck… wrong motivations… if you feel so strongly about the possibility of killing strangers who you had no quarrel with, then don’t join. and unless you were drafted… you joined.

If I wasn’t proud of my military service, it was only because I wasn’t as disciplined as I could have been or trained those under me to be better prepared soldiers then I did…

At the start of big meetings and gatherings, Commanders frequently ask the chaplain to lead the group off in prayer. It’s common across the services.

I’m not saying that I agree with people who don’t value their service, but I think it’s better to ask why. As people mature, their views change. An 18 year old kid who joins the military might feel differently at 28, and more so at 38. You can’t act as if there aren’t disgruntled vets out there, because there are and for good reason.

I knew men who quietly stood during those prayers… respectful of others but not really joining. You are correct and it is perhaps a change in attitude that made montecristo1 say what he did but the statement didn’t not at all talk about joining for any other reason than a paycheck… P.S… it is possible that I was to hard on his comment but only because he refuses to engage… I hurt his feelings…

I served for 10 years, remain in the Individual Ready Reserve.

There is nothing in my home that would indicate my prior service and I like many here are proud of serving their country.

Many claim they got nothing out of their service time, a shame. a

Forced to pray, must have been a very long time ago as the concept disappeared in the 60’s, church attendance was certainly voluntary.

Discipline, respect, excellence, character, team work, getting along with others, management skills, there were so many things to be learned in the military of your willing to learn. Not to mention growing up and self reliance.

p.s. The pay wasn’t that great so you didn’t do it for the paycheck.

Lots of kids join with their parents signature when their 17 as I did. It was a job, might get to see parts of the world that you may not otherwise, etc. usually ones idea of government, war and peace change as you age and mature.