The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies

In his latest book, The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies, John R. Lott Jr. shows that from 1950 to 2010, not one mass public shooting took place in an area where citizens could arm themselves in self-defense.
In other words, gun-free zones or gun-restricted zones were the targets of choice.

This flies in the face of the 21st century gun control movement’s claims that gun-free zones do not endanger innocents. It exposes the fallacy of arguments that present attackers as uninterested parties who choose a target by chance, never taking into account whether that target contains people who can shoot back.

According to Lott: “From 1950 to 2010, not a single mass public shooting occurred in an area where general civilians are allowed to carry guns. Over the entire period from 1950 through February 2016, just over one percent of mass public shootings occurred in such places.” Think about it—from 1950 through February of this year, “just over one percent of mass public shootings” occurred outside a gun-free zone.

Thanks for sharing this @Scott I’m always looking for titles that debunk these myths about the effectiveness of gun control. I’ve been open carrying for the past year and you wouldn’t believe the looks I get from people. I can’t carry at work of course, but I have a FOPA safe in my SUV and open carry while driving and everywhere it is permissable in public.

Why would you advocate reading this type of book? I have no idea how any seemingly intelligent person supports access to guns. You live abroad, so you fully know that the rest of the world is wondering what the hell is wrong with the USA - even Australia (a rather conservative country) woke up from the madness and passed rigid gun control laws!

The US has only itself to blame for our 34,000 gun related deaths per year! That’s right…we average 34,000 gun related deaths in the US each year! Many of these killings would be avoided with real and common sense gun control:

1. Require every fire arm to be registered
  2. Requite background checks
  3. Require all gun owners to have a license…just like we have a license to drive a car, or Class I vehicles like trucks. If you violate the law or are convicted druggie or a drunk or guilty of rape or domestic abuse - you lose your license (privilege) to own and possess a gun - PERIOD!

We should be tracking guns just like we track cars via motor vehicle registrations!

PERIOD!

Actually Feddo, my answer to you is relatively simple… I worry about the country, the constitution and my grand children’s future because of people such as yourself. Not once have my children harmed anyone with a firearm and the last time I checked they were still quite alive. Cars will never secure the future of a people from a corrupt government… just ask the Germans … they are clambering for their rights to protect themselves now…

Besides… if the facts in this book are wrong… I would expect nothing less of you than to expose those facts to all of us… otherwise… Sometimes the true hurts…

I will certainly be adding this to my collection. Now, Moving on to you @feddo. 34,000 gun deaths a year is certainly high by global standards. However, lets look at some numbers. Lets say that the actual population is around three hundred million, now that thirty four thousand, represents 0.0001% of our current population. But why would you listen to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Oh, so you are saying that because the loss of human life as a result of gun violence is low based upon global population size so it’s not a big deal? I guess we should stop fighting terrorists too since they don’t actually kill that many people compared to the size of the global population. You are an idiot.

Ok cocksucker, lets look at this pragmatically. The amount of gun deaths in this country is nominal at best and that decreasing trend has been going down for decades. That’s the point you metrosexual human amoeba.

I will assume you’re a leftist pussycrat that abhores firearms. Can you name me a single law, statute, code or amendment that removes the evil out of someones heart? Please. Look it up and also find some milspec grid squares while you’re at it…dumbass.

Moving on to terrorism. Terrorism is political, its ideological, meant to achieve a political objective . A firearm is inanimate. It is neither good nor evil. It just is. Try harder

Thanks for the laugh and the weak points. This must have been a struggle for you.

Tell that to the families of kids being murdered in Chicago. Gun deaths are up there and in other major cities, especially when you factor in murders at the hands of police.

Yeah, I am one of those evil leftists and I believe that all firearms should be seized and banned without delay. I also consider myself a patriotic American who is committed to keeping my fellow Americans safe.

No, I can’t name anything that takes the evil out of a person’s heart. That is why I support removing weapons from their hands.

I wasn’t debating the definition of terrorism. I was calling out your NRA statistics for the garbage that they are and drawing upon terrorism to prove a point.

Want to try again or are you going to rage in a corner somewhere clinging onto your guns. LOL :laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing: :100::100::100::100::100::100:

I have no authority here but you might want to watch your language friend.

if you cant make your point without vulgarity maybe you should look at the point you are trying to make?

just a suggestion.

no normal person would have ANY problem with feddo’s plan.

none.

Hardly a struggle, you can’t argue with data. Lets begin.

Those families fall victim to a a failed leftist policy on gun control. simple as that. You call yourself a patriotic American. How can you label yourself as such if you believe in the total disarmament of all law abiding gun owners in this country? Seems quite counter-intuitive.

You also mention that you can’t name me a single law that removes the legislation out of someones heart. Good to know. At least we can agree that some people are just plain horrible and WILL commit acts most egregious and heinous. But where we differ is I want those victims to at least have a chance.

Those “NRA” statistics come from the department of justice.

And for the record, I don’t come from money. I also don’t have the luxury of personal security. So I have no problem “clinging” to my guns. :slight_smile:

Your move :heart_eyes:

Great response! Looks like @Dan is too chicken to tackle reason and logic. Keep it up!

That’s alright… apparently I’m not normal… I’m Despicable… and I … I … have trust issues…:wink:

see…and people thought we could never find common ground!

:smile:

Of course when I start using the world ‘normal’ the left goes into palpations… I guess thats why I am despicable…

the word we are using now is “deplorable”.

:slight_smile:

Your lying to me… I don’t trust you… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ROFLMAO!

I got nothing.

:smile:

Maybe you will do better with pictures.

Why is this allowed? What do you think would happen if someone were to park something like this up outside a school and just start blasting kids? There is literally no justified reason to own one of these or any other deadly weapon for that matter.

There are thirty deaths by abortion for every death by gun in America. What are your common sense solutions to that statistic Dan?

Over 1,000,000 vs 34,000