Three Applebee’s employees fired for profiling two black women

Judge for yourself

Three Applebee’s employees have been fired amid allegations that they racially profiled two African-American women dining at a location in Missouri over the weekend, company officials said.

St. Louis resident Alexis Brison was having dinner with a friend at an Applebee’s in Independence, Mo., on Saturday when their feast of buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks was interrupted by a police officer, a mall security guard and a restaurant manager. To Brison and her friend’s surprise, the trio accused them of “dining and dashing” at the same location the night before.

“We have not been here before. We’re just trying to enjoy our dinner,” Brison can be heard saying in a video of the encounter that she posted to Facebook.

“This is what black people have to deal with,” she added, as the officer continued to ask them questions.

The video quickly went viral and had been viewed more than 2 million times as of Monday evening. “This is a clear example of RACIAL PROFILING that should not be stood for,” Brison wrote in a post accompanying the video.

Applebee’s did not take Brison’s allegations lightly.

Three Applebee’s employees have been fired amid allegations that they racially profiled two African-American women dining at a location in Missouri over the weekend, company officials said.

St. Louis resident Alexis Brison was having dinner with a friend at an Applebee’s in Independence, Mo., on Saturday when their feast of buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks was interrupted by a police officer, a mall security guard and a restaurant manager. To Brison and her friend’s surprise, the trio accused them of “dining and dashing” at the same location the night before.

“We have not been here before. We’re just trying to enjoy our dinner,” Brison can be heard saying in a video of the encounter that she posted to Facebook.

“This is what black people have to deal with,” she added, as the officer continued to ask them questions.

AG Jeff Sessions honors ‘Anglo-American heritage’ of policing
The video quickly went viral and had been viewed more than 2 million times as of Monday evening. “This is a clear example of RACIAL PROFILING that should not be stood for,” Brison wrote in a post accompanying the video.

Applebee’s did not take Brison’s allegations lightly.

“After an internal investigation and in line with our values, the franchisee terminated the manager, server and another employee involved in the incident,” the restaurant chain said in a statement Monday night. “We do not tolerate racism, bigotry or harassment of any nature.”

The Independence location has also been temporarily shut down, company officials said, so that staff can “regroup, reflect, learn and grow from this.”

“We very much regret this occurred and sincerely apologize to our guests and community,” the company said.

Brison pointed out the tragic irony in the fact that this incident occurred during Black History Month.

“Just because we are black does not mean we are all criminals and I will not be treated as such,” she capped off her post.

I would say that if the store didn’t have a ‘wanted poster’ on the employee bulletin board with their picture on it and or surveillance video, the stores position was weak from the start… If they believed that to be true, they should have found a discreet way to document ‘this time’ to set up evidence for ‘next time’… By me, the only employee that should have been fired was the manager…

My question is, where is the security footage?

I used to be a waitress and have had people dine and dash. I’m sure the waitresses recognized them. A good waitress always looks her customers in the face and I never forgot what the people looked like who skipped a bill on me. I think you’re right @Scott they shouldn’t have moved so quickly without proof. What they should’ve done was get the Mall Cop there in a tucked away location so when the thieves got up to leave they would have been caught red handed. If it had happened that way the waitress could have made a viral video showing what white people have to deal with. Oh nevermind that’s not allowed.

Where you been girl? You just take off and no one sees you for months and you pop up out of the blue… You haven’t been getting into trouble have you? :blush:

Well Ashley, how many times did you have a dine and dash couple return for more the very next night?

My dad had been really sick for a long time. His sickness got the best of him on November 17, 2017. I didn’t do much of anything but cry and be sad for a while. I posted a couple of times between now and then but it was hard. Then I finally realized that daddy would have been hot if I was spending so much time feeling sorry for him and for me. So, here I am!

No, I can’t say that I have but that don’t mean it doesn’t happen now does it.

Not many thieves are smart , that being said perhaps the waitress was mistaken or this girl is the best actress alive . I wouldn’t think the waitress would make up a lie maybe the other girl was there the night before .

I am so sorry for your lost. Parents, particularly if you are close, can be hard to let go… Time they say makes it some better… remember the good time and take him with you on the rest of your journey. Anyway I’m glad your back !

Sorry for all your pain , I hope your dad recovers ! God Bless !

Well who knows. But it does seem highly suspect that someone would return to the same restaurant that they just stiffed the night before. Which is no doubt the logical thinking of the restaurant chain. And then of course the handling of the situation, quite badly.

Of course there is just what the 2 customers said.

A better approach would have been for the manager to wait at the door when they dashed and hold them until the police arriv.

End of story.

So blacks are gonna start boycotting restaurants?

How will we ever enjoy a meal out without having blacks enrich our dining experience?

One day, hopefully soon, this whole ridiculous charade of pretending they are just like us will collapse. Civilized people do not behave this way.

Behave what way? And are you brushing an entire race as uncivilized???

Cant even open a simple video on your cheap tablet, illiterate bernie bot?