Tick Tock: It's Time to Speak Out on Obama's Immigration Time-Bomb

Jake Seevers

Immigration is the most defining issue of our time. The course of action we take in the coming years with regard to this issue will play a major role in our future prosperity as a nation, but our window of opportunity is small.

We've learned many things in these past two years since the beginning of the Presidential election process that led to the rise of Donald Trump. The drama erupting amidst our very communities has given birth to new knowledge, things that we've never had to consider prior to the present moment; and that can be terrifying.

One of the things we've learned is that, contrary to previous hopes, people are not interchangeable. This is one of the unfortunate realities we must deal with that always seems to have come too soon. I wish we had more time to deliberate about this. The perpetual curse of those who wish to do the right thing is that our time is short and all decisions are best-guesses. We try to commit ourselves to the answers, but beneath the surface, the wheels of the machine keep turning. Such is the messy march of history.

The wheels of power have been in motion since the dawn of humanity, and the unforgiving caprice of nature gives us only the limited options set before us. Power aims to beget power, and Obama knew this when he put DACA into action; imposing it on the American people by the rule of might. Obama knew the limits of his time when he made this decision. He had to think on his feet. Obama believed that his desired ends were more important than the will of the people he was elected to serve. After all, when has loyalty to the party not outweighed duty to country?

When Obama forced DACA on the American people, he showed not only an enviable capacity for selective ignorance but foresight as well. Barack Obama knew that such policy could not be left to democratic discretion, lest it be rejected and precious time be lost. Time is a most valuable currency in the interest of power, and Obama was well aware that an investment of lost reputation was well worth the reward. After DACA's signing, Obama believed that the influx of Democrat voting migrants would be a political smart-bomb.

In 2016, the voice of the people spoke, and they elected the man who promised to reverse this abuse of power, making it evident that the former president had not acted in the interests of the American people, or at least he had not done his sworn duty of giving them what they wanted. It seemed like common sense that the governing body of a republic should serve those who voted it into power. Not all spoke in favor of Donald Trump, but surely the most passionate voice of the nation hearkened to the presidency, calling out in favor of what it wanted; which is what Donald Trump offered.

What further makes this a remarkable thing is that this was not a organized effort on the part of the American people. They voted with their hearts, and it turned out they had an interest in common-- common enough to grasp the presidential win from under the radar-- and a feeling that they had not been listened to by the establishment. If those in favor of the Democrat's policies had been as passionate about what they wanted, Mr. Trump would not have won. This makes it seem as though those on the left didn't actually know why they wanted what the Democrat's were selling.

But I wonder if the political left knows why it wants what it wants these days. There seems to be a major disconnect between what people like Hillary Clinton propose and what individuals actually need. Certainly, there are a lot of heightened feelings, but it always has the aftertaste of something manufactured. An inauthentic facade with all the slogans and platitudes, designed to court strong feelings while having negligible meaning or value. This is what disenchanted me about the left, and why I decided to go in a different direction.

I find it hard to believe Democrats care about the immigrants at all. Altruism is nice, but I'm smart enough to know it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Experience can show that when politicians have something to give, they have something to gain. The math is not all that complicated. Statistically, non-white immigrants vote for the left. This has been the reality for a very long time.

With every family of illegal immigrants that manages to embed itself in our society, democratic reach expands, and the left's voting bloc increases. Every year, the Democrats work mercilessly to undermine the country's immigration laws and welcome an ever-increasing number of non-Americans into the ranks of the American body politic. This has become their main priority-- out-vote the native population through sheer force of number. They show no signs of compromise, and this tactic appears to have been adopted around the globe by the left.

They tell us that migration is necessary for stimulating economic growth. Let's think about that. While it may be somewhat helpful in the short run, though it also increases competition for jobs, we know that left-voting populations over the long term lead to more social programs, more welfare, and more government control of economics-- in my estimation, not a net positive.

But with increasing numbers of non-native people entering a country, at what point does it culturally cease to be the same nation? Where is the line where a land becomes an extension of the migrants' home country under a new system? At what point are the values embedded in our own culture drowned out in a sea of alien perspectives? The system that has allowed our prosperity is not unalterable, and it is built on the values of our forefathers, who believed in freedom, individual rights, and the merits of intelligence and hard work. At some point in time, with an unending influx of apathy or hostility to those values, as they are replaced by the values of the migrants, they will be watered down to the point of social obsolescence. When that time comes, there is no reason the system should continue to operate the way it has since the beginning, and the old system will be swallowed in obscurity.

The Democrats' plan is shortsighted. Trump is using DACA as a negotiating strategy- a die-hard businessman's strategy. It would be a big loss for the American people if he gives the Dems what they want. As someone who has spent an entire life a minority in my own community, with the foreign-born population outnumbering the native, and living in communities where social trust is nonexistent because the people have no common values, I could care less about walls. I'm more interested in doing that which is more than symbolic- enforcing the laws and putting the American people first. The reason they voted for Trump in the first place is that for many of them, their needs were put last, and he promised to do something about it.

It's a harsh reality that the left doesn't seem to get. Culture, for the most part, cannot be unlearned. People who enter Western countries are not interchangeable with Westerners, and they will not, as we would like to assume, exchange their values for ours. The longer we pretend that they will, the weaker we make ourselves and the more strain we put on the social fabric of western nations. The strength of our institutions relies on the commitment of a people to the values that allow those institutions to function, and we can only be united if we are united in that commitment. This is not a reality I like, but these are the cards nature has dealt, and in hubris, we have tried to ignore. Let people come here and share in our prosperity. But let them be those who share our perspectives as well.

We have as much of a right to exercise our power over our government as the Democrats and foreign populations do, and forcing it to work in our favor has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia. The establishment elites have no place in psycho-pathologizing what are reasonable wishes and complaints by the people. For them to ignore the welfare of the American people is contrary to their intended purpose--contrary to why we gave them power in the first place-- and they must be held to account. The voice of the American people can still be heard, but that window of opportunity is diminishing, along with their relative demographic.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://republicstandard.com/tick-tock-its-time-to-speak-out-on-obamas-immigration-time-bomb/

I don’t lump all immigrants in like this. I think actual immigrants (not the H1B crowd) who went through the legal process of becoming an American probably feel a little cheated that millions of people are cutting the line in front of them and being rewarded for it.

And as we all know, the left needs the votes of illegal immigrants which is they they are so against Voter ID laws and why they are also so quick to hand illegals benefits and off-the-books jobs. Jeff Bezos just announced that he is creating a 30 million dollar scholarship fund for illegals - not Americans.

With what’s been happening in the news over the past few days I think that’s correct. I wasn’t convinced that President Trump was going to take the lazy way out and sign whatever was put in front of him, despite saying that during the meeting. I think that was part of the strategy of getting the “bi-partisan” group to just put something on the table and start the discussion around what the non-negotiable terms of a deal might look like. In business, you never come to the table empty handed but our politicians don’t know that because they have never been in business before.

They know this. That’s why they call people racists. It’s how they stop discussion. Instead of talking about the issues the issue becomes the person who they disagree with being a racist. That’s why we are where we are now. They don’t want to talk about the issues. They want it their way and if they don’t get it their way you’re a racist.

Who wouldn’t get pissed when waiting in a very long line and some asshole smiles and heads towards the very front of the line ? Waiting in an line for citizenship is much , much longer and takes much more time to complete .

So just more deceit. :roll_eyes:

Translation: So just more disappointment for more Trump haters.

I see that you didn’t read the quoted post.

We are already at that point. That’s why the next logical step is physical removal. There shouldn’t even be a debate about it. The US should set the example for the rest of the world on how to forcibly remove millions of people who are illegally present in this country.

It doesn’t matter and there’s nothing you can do about it. Few nations today are what they were 5 centuries ago. The world is not static.

But the world is still carved up into recognized sovereign geographic areas with agreed upon boundaries. There is no one world government and sovereign states can do as they wish within their own territories.

Lol. States are sovereign until they aren’t. That’s a fleeting state. Just look at the scores of countries in which the US has violated their sovereignty.

States are sovereign until the states of the world agree that they aren’t.

There is no such thing as a fleeting state. It’s a term that you completely made up.

Soverignty is only surpassed when the doctrine for a just war has been satisfied: jus ad bellum and jus in bello are the conditions.

If you prayed, which apparently you do not, as nothing is above your own sovereign power, number one on your ‘Please Oh Lord’ list would be… ‘Please speed up the demise of America so that I can be immersed in the confusion way’.

Yep , Stevie John deceit by Dick Durbin ! Now NO DEAL !! :wink:

Where is that found in international law? A State is sovereign only as long as it can defend its sovereignty.

It’s a part of the modern state system and came from the Treaty of Westphalia. It’s how sovereignty works.

Yes RBC, we all know about that. But that doesn’t speak to your earlier assertion that a state is sovereign until the other states reject their sovereignty.

That’s part of the Westphalian system in terms of sovereign recognition. This information is widely available. It’s why Palestine is not a state.

That still doesn’t defend your earlier assertion that international law makes room for the sovereignty of a state to be stripped by another.