Trump Approval Rating Soars and Liberals are Losing Their Minds

“I have a couple of these characters in the back say, ‘Oh, he really doesn’t want the wall, he used that for campaigning.’ Can you believe it? I say every time I hear that the wall gets 10 feet higher. You know that, right? Every time. Every single time.” ~President Donald J. Trump, CPAC 2018

You have probably seen the Rasmussen Poll that puts President Trump a clear five percentage points ahead of where Obama was at this point in his presidency. While CNN pushes an inaccurate and low energy poll from Quinnipiac University (We had to look that one up too) what this tells us is that the Trump Train is running at full speed. Despite the swamp, despite the Deep State, despite the fake news media agenda- Trump just keeps winning.

Based on what we witnessed in the 2016 election cycle it should be no surprise to anyone that the real poll numbers will be higher still. Is it down to us at Republic Standard to remind the Democrats that mid-term elections are less than nine months away?

What exactly are your platforms for the 'Blue Wave', Dems?

Unless someone has switched out my aspirin for peyote again it sure looks to me like the liberals are going head to head with Republicans on immigration and gun control. That's like trying to go up against Mike Tyson but you're not allowed to hit him in the face and you're dressed up as Miss Black America. Does anyone think that trying to take on conservatives on the two topics that are at the very core of conservative talking points is going to work? When has that ever worked? What's next, nominating a former abortion advocate as nominee for President of the United States?

It doesn't matter how much money Teen-Bop Against the Scary Guns raise (currently over $3m, for a march).

You might be able to have a sensible conversation about gun legislation and in particular the failure of law enforcement to deal with mentally deranged would-be shooters, but you aren't taking the rifle.

It doesn't matter how much you cry about the dreams of illegal immigrants when we know scores of MS-13 murderers entered the United States through that broken system. There's no amount of teary-eyed mamacitas you can roll onto the stages of CNN that will bring back the victims of criminals who should never have been allowed into the country. A wall won't resurrect the dead either, but it will help prevent further loss of American life.

It doesn't matter how much paid liberal shills like the Krassensteins and Scott 'Fantasy Island' Dworkin cry about Russia and divert funds from the pockets of liberals to perpetuate a pointless witch-hunt that leads only to Fusion GPS and The Clinton Foundation.

I'm calling it now. The 2018 midterm elections are going to be an absolute landslide for Republicans. Unless there are serious changes that focus on policy instead of this milquetoast and played-out identity politics, the blue wave is going to come up against a Red Wall that's getting 10ft higher every day. Great job, Mr. President!

Thank you for reading Republic Standard. We publish this magazine and the Freebird Forum because we believe in free speech- but it doesn't come cheap! Will you make a small donation towards our running costs? You can make a difference by clicking here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://republicstandard.com/trump-approval-rating-soars-liberals-losing-their-minds/

Given that he has hit 50%, the nevertrumpers and AntiWingerss are unlikely to show him any love so, of the available pool of people who would actually cast an objective opinion, I’d say Trump is pushing close to 100%… not bad…

I’m with you. The only thing I’m worried about is all of the gerrymandering and redistricting that the Dems have been doing. Also - the cuckservatives posing as Republicans. They need to be kept out of office.

I wonder if Stevie John is loving Trump now !! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Put the citizenship question back on the Census… Its been there many times before… time to roll it out again.

Aren’t they already planning on doing this?

People are arm-waving and having a conniption fit… as it will be dangerous, disastrous to public health and of course ‘unconstitutional’…

Arm waving aside I don’t see how they can block this. Trump controls the executive branch and from what I read he can direct them to include it. I hope that I’m understanding that right because it will completely screw the Democrats and their plan to control the electorate.

Dems say it is unconstitutional but the fact is it has appeared on several census forms in the 20th century…

It was part of the census for 1890 all the way through th 1950 census. While citizenship was dropped in 1960… the census got really pretty intrusive for a while

https://www.census.gov/history/www/through_the_decades/index_of_questions/

If it goes through expect a no-name activist Obama appointed judge somewhere to strike it down as racist just before the census is to take place.

Trump is far from perfect, but he’s so far and away the best leader we’ve had in my lifetime it’s almost insane that this is actually happening. Certainly, if there were any doubt, you can tell just by how much these leftists hate it.

If Trump wants his approval ratings to go even higher, he needs to get rid of the daily press meetings. They are pointless and stupid. It’s kind of fun to watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders-Clinton-Gore-Bush destroy the libtards but it’s actually pointless. Trump’s weekly addresses are also pointless, the camera angles are stupid like some high school director was in charge. They need to be scrapped. Every week or so Trump needs to speak in front of an audience of his supporters that’s where he shines and the media can’t do a thing about it.

For as long as this investigation has been going on there should have been irrefutable evidence by now that linked President Trump to the allegations. There’s nothing. If the Democrats believe for a minute that the majority of the American people believe any of this they are sorely mistaken and will pay for it in the mid-terms.

We aren’t losing our minds. We’re being pushed to radical activism. Until approximately a year ago, I saw myself as squarely in the ideological center of the Democratic Party. Tim Kaine was pretty much my ideal politician. I even customarily voted in Republican primaries in my very red Deep South state, on the theory that I might as well be governed by the sanest-seeming right-wingers.

But Trump and the Republican Party’s embrace of him have caused me to rethink my fundamental understanding of American institutions, American history, and my political opponents. It’s become easier for me to view centrists as propping up extremists. I’ve begun to find progressive political strategies more compelling, particularly the notion that we should contest all elections with the most liberal electable candidate and wait for a wave to bring us to power. And, while I’ve not embraced Chomskyism, it’s fair to say that I’ve become more sympathetic to radical critiques of the United States.

Part of me is resisting this, because the ideological transformation of the Republican Party is the primary reason for the dysfunction that afflicts our political system. Another part of me, though, thinks that the system would produce healthier outcomes if the party of the left was as responsive to ideological priorities as the party of the right.

We’re not losing our minds. Please don’t assume that you have enough knowledge to speak for anyone on the left. You don’t. You’d make for a great Russian bot though.

I appreciate your post because I think I made a similar migration during the 2016 campaigns. I considered myself an independent, although I had always leaned very liberal, but what I saw made me register as a Democrat.

But there is a difference here. What got me to register as a Democrat, was thinking about Bernie Sanders, and how he was unfit to lead a party that he didn’t believe in, and couldn’t support, at a time when more than ever, we need a strong Democratic Party to combat very well-funded Republican Party.

I caution against radicalization. This is what the other side is actively working on: creating polarization which locks people into their positions. The polarization of the electorate is more helpful to the GOP, than it is to the Democrats.

Just after Trump’s election, while visiting New Orleans, I heard a couple of young locals discussing their limited political options. They agreed that Democrats could not win election. One suggested that, given that political reality, they could vote for a moderate Republican. The other responded, in essence, “But there aren’t any.”

I don’t think that there is anything wrong with centrism, per se. I do, however, think that there is something wrong with centrism as it has come to be characterized by organizations like the Third Way (we can compromise on anything, and compromise is the way forward) because sometimes there actually are clear right and wrong approaches to legislation and public policy. I also think that the media has done a poor job explaining political compromise – an approach that consistently expects the Democrats do to the compromising. If the Dems have a majority, compromise means giving Republicans a greater voice in legislation. If the Republicans have a majority, compromise means helping the Republicans pass their legislation largely or entirely as-is.

The media, on the whole, also does a terrible job explaining the differences between the parties. Columnists like Krugman can point out, election cycle after election cycle, that Republicans don’t care about deficits and debt – that they pretend to care when the Democrats are in control and spend us into oblivion the moment they take power – but we’re still lectured that the Republicans are a party of fiscal responsibility. Paul Ryan, lionized as a budgetary genius and true fiscal conservative, helped push through Trump’s deficit-exploding tax cuts – really, this was a surprise?

The left has long been instructed that if it makes the right compromises on this issue or that, including issues that are central to liberal/progressive politics, Republican-leaning voters will suddenly switch allegiance and start voting for Democrats. But it doesn’t happen. While there can be political value in not alienating the center by arguing for policies that are too extreme (to the left or the right), it is truly a waste of time to try to convince those who still support Trump that they should vote for a Democrat. The number you can reach is vanishingly small – it’s a waste of resources.

Yep. None of you left wing lunatics are losing your minds at all. I can tell. The salt is tasty af tho.

The media, on the whole, also does a terrible job of explaining the differences between journalism and paid news actors funded by the DNC.

IMG_2327

The Leftists are upset because no matter hard they attempt to Degrade and insult him, He doesn’t get upset and gives it to them twice as much back.
The BEST President since Reagan