Trump signs memo ending 'catch and release' immigration policy

U.S. President Donald Trump signed a memorandum on Friday ordering the end of a policy, known as “catch and release,” in which illegal immigrants are released from detention while awaiting a court hearing on their status.

This is incredibly frustrating. It’s been over a year now and Trump just got around to ending catch and release? If all that was needed was a memo, why didn’t a staffer have this done on inauguration day when he was sitting at his desk signing memo after memo?

Much bigger FISH to fry ! :wink:

There may well be, but Trump needs to move faster. Time is not on his side. He shouldn’t be waiting until the 2018 mid-terms. He is only months away from losing the majority. I know they haven’t been helpful to him but it’s better than having the opposition in there. I’m hoping the Never Trumpers get voted out but I’m not confident that they will be replaced by pro-Trump Republicans.

Trumo is a business man and does not know everything For 26 years of my over 30 year Calif Highway Patrol Career , I worked in San Diego County . Around 1994, we were told in a training day to NOT arrest Illegal Aliens . One officer asked why not. We were told " It is a Federal INFRACTION-- if we arrest, they can sue us"
That’s True:
California was the first to come up with INFRACTIONs -Translation for uninformed citizens --For an infraction, the officer, agent, deputy MUST have the offender sign a citation/ticket/summons --in which the offender promises to appear in court. The offender them must be released .
What I found from talking to Border Patrol, this was put in by Executive Order

I do find it interesting how short term the memories of voters have become.

I look back when the democrats had the house, senate and oval office and we have another welfare program we will likely never get rid of.

I look back and the GOP had the house and senate and effectively blocked more off the progressive agenda, truly successes.

Now I see people ready to reinstall democrats who have successfully blocked all legislation since Trump took office.

Does the country really want more of the progressive agenda or are they being swindled by the left and media? I wonder.

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!!

Feds announce ‘zero tolerance’ policy for illegal immigration
Sessions orders attorneys to prosecute every possible case of illegal entry

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday ordered federal prosecutors to take a “zero tolerance policy” toward illegal immigrants nabbed at the U.S.-Mexico border, saying they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.
U.S. attorneys in Arizona, New Mexico, southern California and southern and west Texas were told to prosecute every person Homeland Security officers and agents catch attempting to enter the U.S. illegally, “to the extent practicable.”
“You are on the front lines of this battle,” Mr. Sessions said in a memo to the prosecutors.
The orders are a major escalation in the administration’s efforts to discourage illegal immigration, and come as the latest numbers released this week showed a more than 200 percent increase in attempts at illegal entry in March, compared to a year earlier.
Jumping the border is a misdemeanor crime, but authorities have in the past often approached lawbreakers through the civil immigration system, attempting to quickly deport them. That led to instances where some illegal immigrants would make multiple attempts each night, get caught and ousted and immediately try again.
Where a zero tolerance policy of prosecutions has been tried, however, it’s seen major successes in cutting attempts at illegal immigration — though civil rights groups have also complained about overzealous law enforcement.
Analysts say the theory behind a zero tolerance policy is that if migrants are in jail they can’t be out working — which is usually the reason they came to the U.S.
Many prosecutors are unlikely to be eager about the new orders, however. Low-level immigration cases can be tough to make, and don’t bring the public attention that drug or public corruption prosecutions bring to aspiring lawyers, former prosecutors say.
But Mr. Sessions said it’s up to U.S. attorneys to send a message about illegal immigration, particularly after Congress has failed to reform the system to reduce incentives that are enticing illegal immigrants to make the dangerous journey.
“A crisis has erupted at our Southwest Border that necessitates an escalated effort to prosecute those who choose to illegally cross our border,” Mr. Sessions said in a statement.

Catch and release happens when you fish in certain streams. Its about time Sessions woke up and got tougher on illegal immigration.

Catch and release , bigger fish to fry , a little humor , didn’t work . :laughing:

It was only a pun.Yes I agree catch them, put them in prison and release them into their home country .Its past time to get tough with these VIOLENT illegals and the zero tolerance policy is long overdue.

As long as there are open arms and freebies given away, they will continue to come. We need to stop all aid of any kind for illegal immigrants. Why reward someone for breaking the law?

Liberalism. When stupid isn’t stupid enough.

Until employers are punished for hiring illegals they will continue to come to the US.

Why I find distressing is the compassion of the left for illegals in this country while the rest of the world waits in line.

Anything for votes. If only they realized that they are voting for a future as a third world hell hole. Just like the one they ran away from to get here.

Maybe it time to get tough on all illegal aliens ?
Want to get the congress and illegals attention go to the list and start deporting D.A.C.A recipients .
Its time to light a fire under congress’s ass they cannot sit this one out !