Trump To Permit Citizens To Buy Army Surplus Pistols For Cheap

President Trump will sign the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which contains an amendment that allows U.S. citizens to purchase the popular 1911 pistols from the U.S. Army.

It currently costs the U.S. military about $2 a day to store one pistol, with an estimated 100,000 1911s being stored, according to the International Business Times.

Selling the .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the public will recoup the $200,000 expenditure by the military, and possibly even profit from it.

The pistol was invented in 1911 and is a semiautomatic weapon that became popular during World War One.

As Breitbart’s AWR Hawkins reports, “the 1911 is one of the most popular handguns ever developed. It is valued for military use, home defense, self-defense, and concealed carry. Although the military’s 1911s were made by Colt, citizens have long been purchasing civilian models from Colt as well. These range from the basic government model to 1911s with finely tuned triggers and target barrels that allow for incredible accuracy in competitive shooting.”

The sales will occur under the sponsorship of the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which has been selling approved military surplus weapons to U.S. citizens for over 100 years.

In addition to the M1911A1, the M1911 pistol, the M–1 Garand, and .22 rimfire rifles will also be up for grabs when they are sold in 2018.

I’m sure once any of these pistols get in the hands of thug gang members the never-ending lawsuits will begin !

It would be even better if 1 pistol was given free of charge to any law-abiding American citizen who wanted one. I only say that because we technically already purchased these guns. Getting a deal is always good, but these guns already belong to the American people.

Maybe after mandatory training and some community service, where sleeper agents are in the mix to assess any possible Devin Kelley. Its a right, not an entitlement imo.

We already pay for so many entitlements and don’t get shit out of the deal. I’d be glad to take a Beretta 1911 that I already paid for.

Free guns to fend off the welfare rats. Sounds fair to me.

I wonder how much they are going to sell for? I wouldn’t think they should cost very much as they are antiques. I have two modern 1911a1 pistols that I carry, but wouldn’t mind having one of the price was right.

Hello I am British, I would like a gun please.

We need to find some more info on this. You know these guns were well cared for an maintained. Some probably are still new in the box.

For starters here are the rules and link good luck !http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

A NICS background check will be performed by CMP on the customer to assure the customer is eligible to purchase prior to shipment to the FFL licensed dealer. The customer must receive a "proceed" from NICS prior to shipment of the pistol to the FFL licensed dealer.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:

1. proof of U.S. Citizenship,

2. proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club,

3. proof of participation in a marksmanship activity,

4. a new form 2A with notary,

5. a signed copy of the 01, or 02, or 07 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person at the FFL dealers place of business, successfully passing a NICS check, in which the information is provided by the FFL holder to NICS, before the pistol can be transferred. This is a second NICS check performed on the customer.
    Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.
    No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales. All 1911 orders will come in via USPS, UPS, Fed EX, etc.
    CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.
    Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.
    Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
    Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.
    The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.
    Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
    When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one 1911 type pistol.
    As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grades and pricing options will be available.

Thugs get guns via home break-ins and robbing gun stores .

For starters here are the rules and link good luck !http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/https://freebird.is/t/trump-to-permit-citizens-to-buy-army-surplus-pistols-for-cheap/5690/10?u=imjimo