Two Years in Prison for Transgender Hate Speech in Canada

I don’t believe I attacked the source as I attacked the organization being presented as legitimate has been exposed as QUACK’s.

@Lou attacked my source. Wiki. But he could not attack my evidence because the groups I presented are legitimate and real.

And they present this is not a lifestyle choice.

Although lets be honest here, you would be “confused” about anything I post so please stop the charade.

=========================

Treatment issues

In 1980, the American Psychiatric Association added gender identity disorder to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). While controversial, this was seen as a way to ensure that transgender people had access to care. In a nod to progress, the next DSM will replace “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria” as a diagnosis.

The shift underscores that being transgender is not a disorder in itself: Treatment only is considered for transgender people who experience gender dysphoria — a feeling of intense distress that one’s body is not consistent with the gender he or she feels they are, explains Walter Bockting, PhD, a clinical psychologist and co-director of the LGBT Health Initiative at Columbia University Medical Center.

Physicians usually require that any transgender client who wants a medical intervention be assessed first by a mental health provider. A letter may be requested stating that the client’s mental health would improve from a gender transition. “Over the last two to three years, a number of medical associations have made statements about the medical necessity of transitional care for transgender people,” says dickey. While still somewhat stigmatizing, a diagnosis of gender dysphoria ensures that more services for transgender people will be covered by health insurers.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/04/transgender.aspx

the apa is the main professional organization in the United States.

Steve just likes to be right all the time and cannot possibly accept that there may be other explanations other than his beliefs.

And for every expert there is yet another expert:

OTTAWA, January 11, 2013 – A prominent Toronto psychiatrist has severely criticized the assumptions underlying what has been dubbed by critics as the Canadian federal government’s “bathroom bill,” that is, Bill C-279, a private member’s bill that would afford special protection to so-called “transgender” men and women.

Dr. Joseph Berger has issued a statement saying that from a medical and scientific perspective there is no such thing as a “transgendered” person, and that terms such as “gender expression” and “gender identity" used in the bill are at the very least ambiguous, and are more an emotional appeal than a statement of scientific fact.

Berger, who is a consulting psychiatrist in Toronto and whose list of credentials establishes him as an expert in the field of mental illness, stated that people who identify themselves as “transgendered” are mentally ill or simply unhappy, and pointed out that hormone therapy and surgery are not appropriate treatments for psychosis or unhappiness.

“From a scientific perspective, let me clarify what ‘transgendered’ actually means,” Dr. Berger said, adding, “I am speaking now about the scientific perspective – and not any political lobbying position that may be proposed by any group, medical or non-medical.”

“‘Transgendered’ are people who claim that they really are or wish to be people of the sex opposite to which they were born, or to which their chromosomal configuration attests,” Dr. Berger stated.

“Some times, some of these people have claimed that they are ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ or alternatively ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body’.”

“The medical treatment of delusions, psychosis or emotional happiness is not surgery,” Dr. Berger stated.

“On the other hand,” Dr. Berger continued, “if these people are asked to clarify exactly what they believe, that is to say do they truly believe whichever of those above propositions applies to them and they say ‘no’, then they know that such a proposition is not true, but that they ‘feel’ it, then what we are talking about scientifically, is just unhappiness, and that unhappiness is being accompanied by a wish – that leads some people into taking hormones that predominate in the other sex, and even having cosmetic surgery designed to make them ‘appear’ as if they are a person of the opposite sex.”

He explained that cosmetic surgery will not change the chromosomes of a human being in that it will not make a man become a woman, capable of menstruating, ovulating, and having children, nor will it make a woman into a man, capable of generating sperm that can unite with an egg or ovum from a woman and fertilize that egg to produce a human child.

Moreover, Dr. Berger stated that the arguments put forward by those advocating for special rights for gender confused people have no scientific value and are subjective and emotional appeals with no objective scientific basis.

“I have read the brief put forward by those advocating special rights, and I find nothing of scientific value in it,” Dr. Berger said in his statement. “Words and phrases, such as ‘the inner space,’ are used that have no objective scientific basis.”

“These are the scientific facts,” Dr. Berger said. “There seems to me to be no medical or scientific reason to grant any special rights or considerations to people who are unhappy with the sex they were born into, or to people who wish to dress in the clothes of the opposite sex.”

“The so-called ‘confusion’ about their sexuality that a teenager or adult has is purely psychological. As a psychiatrist, I see no reason for people who identify themselves in these ways to have any rights or privileges different from everyone else in Canada,” he concluded.

That was a low blow. Just because I’m new to politics doesn’t mean I can’t read and understand what’s right in front of me. You must feel comfortable acting like a big man behind your keyboard. I’m willing to bet you’d never take that tone with me in person and if no one ever taught you any manners, I’d be glad to. Free of charge.

TFB I didn’t mean any disrespect just saying what I believe. If I was wrong I apologize and welcome your dialogue and honest questions.

==============================

@Lou I find is disappointing when anyone makes a broad assumption that something like this is simply a whim when the medical evidence of professionals who have actually studied these things over decades and decades now, and know about them have determined without a doubt that there are various levels ranging from curiosity, lifestyle choice is one, all the way towards and include gender dysphoria. A gender disorder. A medical condition.

Granted there is still much we don’t know. But in its advanced cases this is most assuredly not a choice. No one man or woman would choose to put themselves through the agony they are going through just for lifestyle.

I actually think your side would make much more progress if the findings of recognized medical experts was recognized or at least considered because then at least YOU DO have a certain group that IS A CHOICE so if we could recognize it is SOME NUMBER that is a choice and SOME NUMBER that is gender dysphoria we could better help us all co-exist because at the end of the day all they want to do is be left alone.

At least I am glad you guys have stopped trying to defend the ACP! My god people. Just stop the madness…

and Dr Berger is one person he does not have anywhere near the cumulative knowledge of the apa.

I could get David Duke to discuss race relations too.

if anything you are reinforcing the point.

As someone who frequents the trap scene, I can tell you that this is a mental disorder coupled with a lifestyle choice. I actually prefer traps to standard women because they don’t have the typical dating drama and there will never be an “oops” pregnancy moment. I also like talking to them like one of the bros. They will pretty much do anything you ask them at the drop of a hat (clean my house, make me a sandwich, strip, etc.) because they are trying hard to be a woman by acting subservient. So much fun. In some instances they do a better job of being a woman than most modern women. I have no patience for the modern woman feminazi. It’s either traps or occasionally foreign women, although traps are still more fun - no dating requirements. If I can’t find a trap or a random foreigner then it’s MGTOW all the way. Make no mistake though, they made this choice to start taking hormones, and getting implants, some even go as far gender reassignment (I don’t deal with those head cases). I know at least two dozen traps and most of them have no intention on doing gender reassignment surgery for them it’s all about feeling like a woman without actually fully becoming one.

So you basically prefer men to women.

Thanks for the real life perspective.

I have no doubt these individuals do that for the reasons you said in fact I might expect them to be like this for that is the segment you are attracted to it is not representative of the entire segment just like submissive gays are not representative of the entire gay world but it IS a segment. A sub-set. But a real one nonetheless.

You got it all wrong. No, I don’t like men. I’m not gay. Traps are highly passable - so much so you would never know until you got home and found the surprise. You probably have encountered so many and didn’t even realize it. They are everywhere. At least in moderate to large cities. You probably have even flirted with some and not realized it. I’d put money on it. If the traps I have been with were standard women they would have been way out of my league. These girls are tens. You’d be surprised how many guys at the bar pat me on the back or give the thumbs up. They have no idea.

Yeah. That’s a good point. I hadn’t really looked at it that way. I’m sure there are some traps that don’t act like that or feel that way. I just haven’t personally met any because the ones I hang out with all tend to run in social circles that have connections to one another. Although, not all are super hot - many of them are who have been at it for a while. The newbies still don’t have the basics down and they basically look like guys in Halloween drag. That is not appealing.

Wow.

This thread is like a bad car wreck. I’m disgusted but just can’t look away. I think the only sicko here is @ChillChet you need help man.

Are these the perfect 10 “girls” you date?

Gross.

I don’t like giving details of other people away, but this is worth it.

Tell me you wouldn’t.

The fact is you would and you wouldn’t say a word to anyone. That’s how it started for me. Thank you Tinder.

I didn’t expect this to go here so I really don’t know what to say, but I have to say Thank You for your real life perspective I know you gave many here including me something to think about.

and while I have no inclination (funny how I feel compelled to say that) I find it funny this scares the bejezzus out of us.

Thanks for your posts again nothing can help say the truth like reality. And you showed many of us what real life is like and that these people are good people. Hope to see you around the board in a lot of different discussions on a variety of topics.

Best to you my man.!

-Steve,SPHR

Good post @SteveSPHR - I don’t know if it scares me as much as I didn’t have enough perspective to formulate an opinion on the subject. At first reaction, when I hear that Transgender people want to use the ladies room and that they want to be recognized as a unique gender and the like - my initial mental picture goes to an image similar to what @Jeff posted and not what @ChillChet posted. I used to vacation on the Cape for many years and whenever we would drive in to P-Town you always had the drag queens on the street trying to get you to come to their shows. It was always funny and just part of the environment up there but those experiences did help to form my mental picture. I’m sure many people also have similar experiences which also served to form their mental pictures which may not be accurate. There are stark differences between those two pictures and to be quite honest, we just don’t see much of either in North Carolina - especially out in the burbs. So, one is left with the mental pictures they form. As much as it was out of my comfort zone to read what @ChillChet posted - you’re right it was helpful.

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

While the Obama administration, Hollywood, and major media such as Time magazine promote transgenderism as normal, said Dr. McHugh, these “policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.”

“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) recently ran an op-ed by the right-wing anti-transgender psychiatrist, Paul McHugh. McHugh purposefully misrepresented the research he cited in his article, misleading WSJ readers and the wider population into believing the lie he was selling. When the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) learned of the McHugh hoax, they responded. While WPATH Board Member, Dr. Dan Karasic, responded to McHugh and the WSJ published the response, they refused to publish the part where WPATH notes that McHugh misrepresented the research he cites.

===================

@LouMan posting more quacks isn’t helping you my man.

stop the insanity. stop promoting cave man science. in today’s day and age we know a lot more about these things.

In other words, McHugh has it totally backwards; it is affirming transgender people’s gender identities and supporting their traditions that helps them do best in society.

And of course, that’s what mainstream medicine says too. That’s why the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) in no way resembles or reflects any of McHugh’s assertions. The WPATH standards of care guide medical professionals across the globe as they help transgender people through their transitions.

For social conservatives, however, Paul McHugh represents a distinguished “medical professional.” “He’s a giant,” Anderson boasts. Even though he is one of the only doctors willing to endorse their rejection of transgender people, they still take his word over the consensus of doctors who have helped thousands of transgender people live happier, healthier lives.

https://thinkprogress.org/meet-the-doctor-social-conservatives-depend-on-to-justify-anti-transgender-hate-fe764009b93#.bfjn6muec

=========================

I’m disappointed anyone would support such

And posting a group that advocates for alleged transgendered people do not help your case.

As I stated before there are 2 sides to every story.

But then again, your right as always and to have further conversations with you is a total waste of time.

@LouMan I posted the APA the organization for the entire profession. No one calls them quacks.

debating abortion there are two legitimate sides.

gun control there are two legitimate sides.

conservative or liberal there are two legitimate sides.

God or no God. Two legitimate sides.

debating what has been determined by the medical leadership of field for the nation that this is not a choice of lifestyle but a bona fide medical illness is not legitimate. While we have established “some” people do just want to play dress up many others do fall into a category of a defined named medical condition, there is nothing to debate about.

that is like telling everyone who gets cancer it is their own fault because some people smoke. it is nonsensical.