Utility company sends racial slur password to woman 🤣

An African-American woman in Washington state says she forgot the password to her Puget Sound Energy account, so she requested a temporary one and what she got back was a racial slur.

Erica Conway believes the insult was deliberate and wants the company to get to the bottom of it.

Conway said the company just sent her an ugly racial slur created in the past.

“I clicked forgot password and got a temporary password from PSE and it was capitol N-i-g-g-a and I was quite shocked,” she said. “Man it was like an emotional roller coaster. Shock, disbelief, disgusted, angry. It was just yeah, even now I’m just kind of like I cannot believe this. I just can’t believe it.”

Conway also had a past temporary passcode with just random letters and numbers so she believes this passcode slur was created deliberately.

Conway said she complained to a customer service agent at PSE’s Bothell call center, but that the agent didn’t take the slur seriously.

“This was offensive, there was no question about that, we apologize to this customer, the community, for what has happened and we are trying to do what we can to make it right,” said Janet Kim of Puget Sound Energy.

PSE insists the slur was a computer-generated mistake.

“These passwords are generated automatically so they go straight from the system straight to the customers,” Kim said. “So it’s not able to be accessed by an employee.”

But that is not enough for Conway.

“This is 2018. We’re still dealing with issues like this,” Conway said. “It’s pretty sad. As a society it’s pretty sad.”

PSE says it has already taken steps to make sure temporary passwords are a scrambled mix of letters and numbers and next month it will begin using a new system that gets rid of temporary passwords all together.

Are they, dare I say, /OurUnilityCompany/?

Of course she does

Probably willing to forget it for free ulilities for life

I bet she edited the email and printed it off.

That’s probably as close to the truth as we’re gonna get. The professional victim class has absolutely no shame. Even if she got caught, she would blame racism anyway. Might as well call her a liar straight out of the gate.

Yep. Even if she was asked to show more proof she would call the person asking a racist. That’s why it’s just best to ignore them.

Or laugh at them. It IS funny.

Maybe AI is already in place and it is already determining how to deal with different types of people.

That’s what’s she gets for being too dumb to remember her own password , like 1,2,3,4 is that f-ing hard to remember ! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Time for Al And Jessie to loot them !!! :roll_eyes:

Look at you racists denying that racism happens and when it does making a joke about it.

Computer generated random password.

No conspiracy here. Learn to laugh.

Might care when we no longer hear black folks calling each other “NiggaHHJ”

The dog whistle white supremacist rhetoric of white people never ceases to amaze me.

How does she know the random password generator isn’t black?

Was it racism?.. Was it really?.. can a random character generator be racist? and if it can, does it really know the race of the person its is randomly generating a password for? Now, you may be right that someone fiddled with the system to create this password and it would be very interesting to find out who it was… and if it was someone who did it deliberately, they should have their face plastered on the front of every news in the nation… even if it was a black sympathy seeker… or activist looking to start shit.

Who isn’t racist you blacks are racist against your selves. I bet you vote Democrat,
That’s giving your slef oppressions lol

This is very serious. Using that word is not ok. I used to have a coworker who was Mexican and used that word instead of “dude” or something. I told him how uncomfortable it made me and he was like “I’m not white, I can use it” like pretty sure that’s not how it works but I AM white so I have no say :woman_shrugging:t3:

Are you not free? …

I suppose I’m not understanding your question.