Virgin Islands National Guard Seizing Firearms Ahead of Hurricane

This is a very disturbing event that should not be overlooked. Does Hurricane Irma justify the suspension of constitutional rights?

The sad thing here is I believe most of what is in this provision is contained in NDAA as well… any industry, material or resource… pretty broad stroke but people happily and silently let this be renewed time and again…

Aww…sad that the right wing “well regulated militia” argument just got destroyed by an actual well regulated militia? This just proves that none of you ever understood the 2nd Amendment to begin with.

It is you that does not understand.

The 2nd Amendment says our right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It is designed to protect us from tyrannical government.

We can never comply with unconstitutional mandates, lest we become traitors ourselves.

Where and when will this threat stop? Frankly I am more afraid of “Government” than I am of any storm.

The Virgin Islands is a test case for forcibly removing firearms from its residents. This is not some trivial news blurb. The hunt for your guns is still on.

Actually we are getting quit accustom to government overreach with most all areas of protecting included in the constitution… we also are seeing a lot of nullification that previous @feddo types use to say was a scurrilous breach of federal authority… Authoritarians keep pushing…When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Try to educate yourself instead of picking your nose so much . :laughing:

How do you not see a problem with this? The only people who will have their weapons confiscated are law-abiding citizens. The criminals will not turn over their guns because they have them illegally to begin with. The Virgin Islands has created a situation where law-abiding citizens will be disarmed but criminal looter thugs will remain armed. You should remember that the police only show up AFTER something happens. People have the right to defend themselves, their family, and their property.

But … but… I didn’t mean ‘seize’ when I said ‘seize’ …

http://myinforms.com/en-us/a/702807922-us-virgin-islands-gov-order-to-8216seize-arms8217-does-not-mean-8216seize-arms8217/

I spent a good many years in the National Guard and orders like that do come out during times of emergency, but instead of the word “seize” it is usually acquire or acquisition - which in DoD speak means purchase.

They screwed up the memo.

I guess he or his legal department should understand what it says before he puts his name on it… I agree that for him, this was an error, but as written… it is quite clear…‘The Adjutant General is authorized and ordered to seize…’

Have you ever met anyone from the Virgin Islands? They may be a u.s. territory and all but I don’t know if English is really their first language. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.