What Are 'American Values'?

This article, given the rancor and division that exists in America today begs the question… What Are American Values?

What are the top 3 or 4 to you…

• Trust In A Superior Being
  • Liberty
  • Rule of Law
  • Equal Justice Under The Law.

I Keep Hearing That 'Our Core Values' Are Under Attack

As an American - I stick with the Air Force core values.

• Integrity First
  • Service Before Self
  • Excellence In All We Do

• Freedom to say what you want
  • Freedom to do what you want
  • Freedom to be who you want

Gotta stick with the old H.C.C.

Honor
Courage
Commitment

I’ll second that.

Honor
Courage
Commitment

Appreciate ya bud. Oh and by the way, Semper Fortis :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Individual Freedom

Self-Reliance

Equality of Opportunity

Competition

Hard Work

The American Dream, the opportunity for a better life and a higher standard of living.

Do for me
Pay for me
Think for me
Expect nothing from me

Doh! I thought you guys were talking about Democrat values!

I guess I was thinking more about what are values that make us American. To @Ian @LibertarianLiberty @DYZER while those are indeed fine values, and individual guide posts, they are given to you by a dictatorial organization which you voluntarily joined. I think for instance that ‘Service before self’ would be a good communist doctrine to place on each and every citizen. @Lou’s answers were more in line with what I was thinking…

Self-Determination

Free-Will

Free Markets

Anything is Possible

Exceptionalism

The left’s values are their parties values which they perceive should be the countries values as reflected in the posts below.

The conservatives tend to lean to constitutional values.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Others use their personal values as American values.

Christian

LouMan, I agree that the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution define American values. Summing it up very well is the sentence printed on our coins,“In God We Trust,” and our Pledge of Allegiance: “with liberty and justice for all.”